What movie are you watching?

Forge

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

D&D Honor Among Thieves was far better than I thought it'd be. Not sure if I'll watch it again though.

Would’ve been better served as a TV show in the mold of American horror story. Same actors playing different characters each season, with a different story.

Watched the Wham documentary and that had to be the blandest band existence and most easy going dissolution of a band ever. No fights, no major drama. They touch somewhat briefly on George being a closeted gay man in the 80s dealing with stardom, but it's never a driving force of the film.

The biggest question I had after watching it was why it was made. It's really just mostly informational and I suppose that's enough, but it feels like a situation where they had some of this cool stuff and just decided to put it together for a doc. 

Watched Mission Impossible 1-3 this weekend. I havent seen 1 or 2 before and thought i havent seen the 3rd either but i realized i have seen it after watching the first few minutes of it.

Id probably rank them 1,3,2 in terms of my favorite to least favorite . The first 1 felt like an actual spy movie where as the 2nd and the 3rd one to an extent dont especially the 2nd one. The 2nd one did have some cool scenes like the motorcycle chase scene and the fight between Ethan Hunt and that Ambrose cat as the very end. Makes me want to see the other 2 or 3 as i know i havent seen some of those.

32 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Watched Mission Impossible 1-3 this weekend. I havent seen 1 or 2 before and thought i havent seen the 3rd either but i realized i have seen it after watching the first few minutes of it.

Id probably rank them 1,3,2 in terms of my favorite to least favorite . The first 1 felt like an actual spy movie where as the 2nd and the 3rd one to an extent dont especially the 2nd one. The 2nd one did have some cool scenes like the motorcycle chase scene and the fight between Ethan Hunt and that Ambrose cat as the very end. Makes me want to see the other 2 or 3 as i know i havent seen some of those.

Not enough flying doves in 1 or 3 IMO

Avatar: The Way of Water was good.  It's beautifully directed.  Not sure if it needed to be 3 hours though.  And the ending does set up the 3rd movie.  7/10

Upgrade was fun while you watch it.  The plot was a basic revenge story.  A couple messed up kills, good action make it rewatchable.  7/10

The Goonies another movie that's fun while you watch it.  My dad took me to see this in the theater.  I liked it then and I like it now.  It's a fun silly adventure.  7/10

The Good Son was beyond awful.  Why was this movie made?  Macaulay Culkin wasn't convincing as the villain(I will give him a little credit for taking on a different role)  And this movie has little logic to it.  After he causes a pile up on the highway, there's no investigation.  One of the worst movies ever made.  0/10

On 7/8/2023 at 10:11 PM, Forge said:

Watched the Wham documentary and that had to be the blandest band existence and most easy going dissolution of a band ever. No fights, no major drama. They touch somewhat briefly on George being a closeted gay man in the 80s dealing with stardom, but it's never a driving force of the film.

The biggest question I had after watching it was why it was made. It's really just mostly informational and I suppose that's enough, but it feels like a situation where they had some of this cool stuff and just decided to put it together for a doc. 

dang...added that to my list and just haven't got to it yet... probably still watch, but I thought it would be really good... 

3 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

dang...added that to my list and just haven't got to it yet... probably still watch, but I thought it would be really good... 

It wasn't bad or anything, and there are some interesting bits of info I didn't know. It's airy and kind of sweet in a way... Just completely unnecessary. It really does just catalogue their career. But there's no real juiciness to it like you'd expect with most music documentaries 

• Like 1