Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

Melvin gordon has averaged under 4ypc for 4/5 years, with one seasonnof greater than 1k yards. That is terrible. 

He should have taken the money while it was there, he will be lucky ro get more than Austin Eckler when Melvin gets to free agency 

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Well for starters, what would you guess is the percentage of female posters here? 5%? Less?

the 47 % comment was just about the Super Bowl, not in general. So for the SB, its possible but I don't know how you would go about proving it
"They were at the SB party"  isn't the same as saying they were "watching the game" ( instead of the commercials)

Its just another bs comment from the league as they work so hard- not to please their current customers, but to win over new ones.
New fans who shop and spend more than us; and that's the bottom line, literally.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

the 47 % comment was just about the Super Bowl, not in general. So for the SB, its possible but I don't know how you would go about proving it
"They were at the SB party"  isn't the same as saying they were "watching the game" ( instead of the commercials)

Its just another bs comment from the league as they work so hard- not to please their current customers, but to win over new ones.
New fans who shop and spend more than us; and that's the bottom line, literally.

A lot of those census statistics are really questionable. 

Nobody ever polled me for my SB party. 

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Well for starters, what would you guess is the percentage of female posters here? 5%? Less?

We aren't really representative of any kind of population the NFL cares about, though. The kind of people that will post on a message board (so not even like social media, but an actual message board) makes us a pretty specifically invested portion of the fan base. We're not a good indicator of demographics or habits or anything, compared to the overall NFL market.

I don't think it's 50/50, but it's likely a closer to 50/50 split than who posts here.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Without looking, see if you can guess which team has the most / least expensive offenses going into 2020
The top team is spending 2x what the bottom team is on Offense

Click on the "offense" column to sort it ascending/descending

https://overthecap.com/positional-spending/

For the record, this will be a little more meaningful in a few months than it is now. This is money on the books currently for the 2020 season. So anyone who is a free agent isn't factored in. So the Dolphins right now are spending about as much on their entire roster as the Falcons are spending on their offense. Dallas currently has less than $1M spent on the QB position. LAC is spending only $660k on RBs. Those things won't be the case once the season starts.

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Melvon gordon has averaged under 4ypc for 4/5 years, with one seasonnof greater than 1k yards. That is terrible. 

He should have taken the money while it was there, he will be lucky ro get more than Austin Eckler when Melvin gets to free agency 

Been saying this all along!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

We aren't really representative of any kind of population the NFL cares about, though. The kind of people that will post on a message board (so not even like social media, but an actual message board) makes us a pretty specifically invested portion of the fan base. We're not a good indicator of demographics or habits or anything, compared to the overall NFL market.

I don't think it's 50/50, but it's likely a closer to 50/50 split than who posts here.

I would definitely agree with that. I was just answering his question with a quick sample. I don't think this forum is an accurate representation of the fanbase as a whole, but you can see what I was getting at.

He asked, "Why is it hard to believe...". Put simply, it's hard to believe because by and large - at least from my personal experience - the majority of football fans I've met, conversed with, watched games with, seen on TV, seen in public, etc. are male. I also would venture to guess the vast majority of what would be considered "die-hard fans" are male as well (akin to posters on this type of forum). I can say pretty confidently the viewer numbers the NFL pulled from the recent Super Bowl aren't representative of the market. Speaking anecdotally, the Super Bowl party I attended was 50% female, but less than 10% showed any interest in the actual game. While nearly 100% of the males present were there for the game itself. That's why I find those numbers hard to believe.

23 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Melvin gordon has averaged under 4ypc for 4/5 years, with one seasonnof greater than 1k yards. That is terrible. 

Life's gonna hit him like it hit Nerlens Noel in the NBA. He turned down a 4 year, $70 million contract. He has played on 3 straight 1 year deals for a combined $8 million since he did that.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Life's gonna hit him like it hit Nerlens Noel in the NBA. He turned down a 4 year, $70 million contract. He has played on 3 straight 1 year deals for a combined $8 million since he did that.

They gotta feed their family!

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/latrell-sprewell-21-million-over-3-years-not-enough-to-feed-his-family.67055/

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/nba/latrell-sprewell-net-worth/