Week 3: Titans (2-0) at VIKINGS (0-2)

swede700

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Tension is starting to bubble up after yesterday’s game. 

We now have the head coach and the QB making comments about each other. Never a good sign. 

It should. We’re well on our way to a 0-5 start. Cousins makes way too much money to be playing like a rookie, and we’re stuck with him through 2021. I will say it’s becoming much less enjoyable watching this team with #8 under Center. Zimmer has his own issues, and Spielman deserves a lot of blame as well for prioritizing questionable players for contract extensions. It’s a coaching, management and QB problem, but I don’t know what needs to be prioritized.

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

It should. We’re well on our way to a 0-5 start. Cousins makes way too much money to be playing like a rookie, and we’re stuck with him through 2021. I will say it’s becoming much less enjoyable watching this team with #8 under Center. Zimmer has his own issues, and Spielman deserves a lot of blame as well for prioritizing questionable players for contract extensions. It’s a coaching, management and QB problem, but I don’t know what needs to be prioritized.

I agree. It's on the GM and HC first and foremost. I like Zimmer, but he isn't without fault. I think you prioritize those 2, and let the new regime select its QB. He sits for a year because you can't get out from under Cousins contract,. and he takes over if Cousins is traded or, more likely, cut.

58 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

4-10 on 3rd down 9/25 on the season, and 28:06 TOP. And we still had stellar performances from Cook and Jefferson. I'm simply at a loss.

The Rudy TD was fantastic despise Cousins worst efforts.

Take the ups and downs. If this year doesn't get much better, ideally the young guys show well and become our new core players.

Irv Smith needs to show up though. He's done next to nothing so far.

Was Bradbury really that bad? Simmons had a monster game but I thought that was mostly on Samia?

Wonder if we can get Stefanski back? I love Zimmer but the consistent turnover from the offensive coordinator spot is so tough to sustain in the NFL. Need the QB & HC to be lock step. 

I'm cool moving on and letting a more offensive-minded HC draft the QBOF. 

Yesterday was a perfect game IMO. Quality performances from some of our younger studs and an L for draft position. Wonder at what point we start to move some of the older guys that carry value? 

1 hour ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Does anyone know if it's because he's stinking or is it because they're not giving him much of a chance?

Our TEs have 11 targets in 3 games. 

Inexcusable usage of the tight ends. Our OC apparently doesn’t know you’re allowed to use the middle of the field. 

• Like 1