Week 3: Titans (2-0) at VIKINGS (0-2)

swede700

Game 3

NFL_Titans.gif at  NFL_Vikings.gif

When: 1:00 PM EST September 27th

Where: U.S. Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: CBS (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Announcers: Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

Coverage Map: https://506sports.com/2020/03-CBS.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: RB Mike Boone (concussion), CB Kris Boyd (hamstring), Doubtful: None, Out: CB Mike Hughes (neck), CB Cameron Dantzler (ribs)

Titans - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: WR AJ Brown (knee), LB Derick Roberson (illness), CB Chris Jackson (hamstring)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700
Injury Report

Vegas opened with the Titans as slight favorites (-1.5).

Good news is that the Vikings do have a distinct advantage at kicker, if it comes down to a close margin like that.

But, to be honest, only a blowout win for the Vikings would give me confidence that this team is headed in the right direction.

Always have admired how tough and physical the Titans play.  And have for years.

Used to be that the Vikes could match physical play, at least defensively...and thrive, while feeding that mentality to the offense.

I hope I get to see this game as Kendricks vs. Henry is going to be fun to watch.  Cousins is about due for an eruption game, too...in a good way.

• Like 1

This is the kind of game the Vikes NEED to win.  A.) Tennessee has a good QB.  B.)  Their Run game is exceptional.  Yesterday, the Jaguars took away the Titan's run game, for the most part.  If the Vikes can somehow manage to get off the field by putting the Titans in 3rd and long, and not shoot themselves in the foot with penalties, that would be one step in the right direction.  

Offensively, the Vikes need to run the ball, run the ball and run it some more.  Throw in some reverses and counters and then ram it down their throat a few times.  Converting 1st downs might actually turn the T.O.P. in favor of the Vikes and that would be quite the twist from the first two games.    All the other stuff defensively will fall into place if the offense can do the little bit I beg for.

Ultimately, winning the first one will lead to better things.  But -- BUT -- this team is really missing Hunter and Pierce defensively.  Offensively, Cousins better start making some plays for the home team.