Week 3: Titans (2-0) at VIKINGS (0-2)

swede700

8 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Given their careers, who do you take as your QB?

Tannehill or Cousins?

I would take Tannehill and be pretty confident in doing so. Both of them have played at their best in heavy play-action systems focused on running the ball first, and since taking the job last year, Tannehill has outperformed Cousins in most metrics (PFF, QBR, even the heavy analytics based ones like EPA and CPOE). Tannehill was behind a better line last year, but did not have the receiving talent Cousins had. They are in similar situations with a defensive head coach who loves running the ball, even to the detriment of his own team at times.  I guess you have more of an injury risk with Tannehill but I'd rather have his upside. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, swede700 said:

Apparently, that's not entirely accurate, as according to NFL Next Gen Stats, Kirk Cousins has had the 3rd most time to throw in the entire NFL the first 2 weeks and according to FootballOutsiders, the adjusted line yards from the offensive line is #4 in the entire NFL.  So, the O-Line is doing a competent job.  Data Analytics seem to exemplify that, at least offensively, it's been Kirk that has been the problem.

I find this stat misleading, as someone stated, they run a TON of deep drops, and don't do quick passes......but I guess it is POSSIBLE everyone is wrong about this OL.

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

I find this stat misleading, as someone stated, they run a TON of deep drops, and don't do quick passes......but I guess it is POSSIBLE everyone is wrong about this OL.

We had a similar stretch with Mariota, where the average time to throw was above average, but you’d watch the games and see heavy play-action and max protect with only two-man routes where naturally there’s more time to throw, but it was at the expense of having a functioning passing game.

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Tannehill or Cousins?

Tannehill...he's a much better athlete...and can escape the pocket and create some positive plays with his legs as well as his arm.

19 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Tannehill or Cousins?

If Cousins is this great QB some say he is, he will bring this team back and create wins on his play alone even without a good defense.  But fact is that is probably not going to happen, if this defense continues to suck the team will suck.  

Ryan Tannehill like others have said is a better athlete and is without question a better leader, teammate and communicator.  Cousins has more production but it is about winning football games and I wish the Vikings were in the position the Titans are in, a great defense, a good offensive line and a great run game.  Sure Tannehill is not putting up huge numbers but the team is winning and he is doing what they are asking him to do, and thankfully for the Titans, they do not have to fully rely on the QB play to win games.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

If Cousins is this great QB some say he is, he will bring this team back and create wins on his play alone even without a good defense.  But fact is that is probably not going to happen, if this defense continues to suck the team will suck.   

I’m sorry, who said Cousins is a great QB? Here’s your answer: no one. If you’re going to do hyperbole, at least make it good. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

I’m sorry, who said Cousins is a great QB? Here’s your answer: no one. If you’re going to do hyperbole, at least make it good. 

I remember a lot of people arguing he was a top ten QB back when I would have placed him ~16-17, which was around the time the Vikings signed him. I haven't thought much about where I would place him now. I would have to review all the other starting QBs in the league, but I still feel good about where I would have ranked him back then. He hasn't done anything to make me think that I was ranking him too low. I don't know how highly ranked a QB has to be to be called great, but I think great isn't an unfair description of top ten IMO.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 1