Trade Targets?

pacman5252

Just now, Malfatron said:

probably 49ers getting another guy 

Seattle is my bet. 

Seattle or Tampa Bay.

Both teams clearly don't care about having any draft picks. 

Which just reminded me to check our draft picks.

I think this is the first year I can remember where we've only had our standard 7 draft picks.

That's not a good sign for a trade getting done. 

45 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Do you ever consider the things you say?

The Cowboys - the worst ranked defense in the entire NFL - are going to release the DL who has played the most snaps for them. 

He's about to be on his fifth team in 5 years.

He's got a PFF grade under 56.  That's lower than Keke by about 20 points.  That's lower than Montravius Adams by about 10 and lower than Dean Lowry by 3. 

What makes you think he might be worth a look? 

Should we also take a look at Terrell Owens? 

Who cares about team rankings or PFF grades for that matter, especially when he's been playing for a dysfunctional Dallas team? I'm not talking about signing the guy to a 4-year, $40 million deal, lol. He's a veteran player you can probably add to the PS and use as needed. Him next to Clark is different than him next to whoever Dallas had.  

• Like 1

Just now, packfanfb said:

Who cares about team rankings or PFF grades for that matter, especially when he's been playing for a dysfunctional Dallas team? I'm not talking about signing the guy to a 4-year, $40 million deal, lol. He's a veteran player you can probably add to the PS and use as needed. Him next to Clark is different than him next to whoever Dallas had.  

You still haven't learned that in today's NFL if you're a good player that's not a headache you don't play for 5 teams over 5 years? 

The Cowboys are going to lose 3.5 million dollars by cutting/trading him.  He's signed for two years.  This isn't a, "Well we won't be re-signing him next year, might as well get something for him," type deal. 

Are you taking the snaps away from Kinglsey or Montravious? 

Because, for basically another nose tackle, you're taking away snaps from Adams or Keke, both of which have been showing flashes this season.  You really want to take away progression reps from either of those players longterm for a "him next to Clark" or "veteran possible PS" stuff? 

If you make a trade, you make a trade for someone who can move the needle.  At this point he's maybe a first down guy next to Clark, but he offers you nothing in the way of pass rush. 

You want to talk about adding a DL and I'm right there with you.  We could absolutely use one.  Shelby Harris, Q. Williams, someone who is a significant upgrade over both Keke and Adams who is a veteran I am right there.  Poe?  He is at this point nothing and doesn't move the needle for our defense. 

25 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You still haven't learned that in today's NFL if you're a good player that's not a headache you don't play for 5 teams over 5 years? 

The Cowboys are going to lose 3.5 million dollars by cutting/trading him.  He's signed for two years.  This isn't a, "Well we won't be re-signing him next year, might as well get something for him," type deal. 

Because, for basically another nose tackle, you're taking away snaps from Adams or Keke, both of which have been showing flashes this season.  You really want to take away progression reps from either of those players longterm for a "him next to Clark" or "veteran possible PS" stuff? 

If you make a trade, you make a trade for someone who can move the needle.  At this point he's maybe a first down guy next to Clark, but he offers you nothing in the way of pass rush. 

You want to talk about adding a DL and I'm right there with you.  We could absolutely use one.  Shelby Harris, Q. Williams, someone who is a significant upgrade over both Keke and Adams who is a veteran I am right there.  Poe?  He is at this point nothing and doesn't move the needle for our defense. 

My post was about adding him if he gets cut, which is going to happen. I initially asked earlier about any interest in acquiring him via trade, I wouldn't be particularly fond of that move considering the other options, but if I could pick the guy up and put on my PS for insurance, I probably would. 

Why is Quinnen Williams being brought up as a guy available via trade? Because he plays for a bad team? I guess anyone is for sale on a bad team if you blow them away. You're looking at a Mack/Jamal Adams level compensation. Both of those guys are better players than Williams. He's a piece the Jets are going to build around.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Refugee said:

What little I've read from fan sites is that he is done.  Basically want him cut, nevermind traded and he's not even servicable as a space eater.  We do have Winn and a healing Lancaster already on board.  I know that thrills nobody but we won't bring too many pure NT type guys onto this line.

He shouldn't have trade value.  Easy pass from me on that kind of deal.

Now, once he's released?  Yah, I'd bring the big body in for the stretch run.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'd actually sign him as a free agent, minimum deal.  Put him on the PS for a week or two and see if there is anything there that can work in our defense.

No one on that Dallas defense appears to have any clue what the scheme is supposed to be.  So I can give him a pass on his performance this season.

I am leery of that, though, which is why I'd put him on the PS for a few weeks and see how he looks, acts and comprehends our defense.  There's no risk there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Do you ever consider the things you say?

The Cowboys - the worst ranked defense in the entire NFL - are going to release the DL who has played the most snaps for them. 

He's about to be on his fifth team in 5 years.

He's got a PFF grade under 56.  That's lower than Keke by about 20 points.  That's lower than Montravius Adams by about 10 and lower than Dean Lowry by 3. 

What makes you think he might be worth a look? 

Should we also take a look at Terrell Owens? 

Name recognition is the only way to grade players, not your silly PFF

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Seattle is my bet. 

Seattle or Tampa Bay.

Both teams clearly don't care about having any draft picks. 

Which just reminded me to check our draft picks.

I think this is the first year I can remember where we've only had our standard 7 draft picks.

That's not a good sign for a trade getting done. 

We should get some comp pics this year though i'm banking on it. We lost Martinez, Bulaga and and Sackerall all to decent deals. Maybe get some lower picks maybe a 4th or 5th for the big 2 as they signed good deals.

To my knowledge we signed 1 guy who opted out. not sure how that will count against us.

Just now, PACKRULE said:

No way Earl is not our answer. I liked him but after his recent behavior that guys i only looking for what HE wants.

What's his recent behavior again?  I legit don't remember.  Was there off-field stuff I'm forgetting or was it just he had an argument with his coaches?