Trade Targets?

pacman5252

29 minutes ago, Joe said:

I think Julio would be the first guy they'd jettison out of that group.

Maybe I missed the discussion earlier, but Dontari Poe anyone? Probably could get him for a 7th if he isn't cut first.

not sure if I missed talk about Poe either, but isn't he the center piece for the worst run D in football?  Might be able to give him a shot on a really cheap deal so why not I guess.  It does sound like he may be cut.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yes, Gute is "sitting on his hands" just because he hasn't done what you goons want lol

Even though i don't view WR as the most pressing need on this team, i would be all in on a trade for fuller.  would be our top deep threat and jet motion guy, plus is probably going to be cheap based on him being in the final year of his contract

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yes, Gute is "sitting on his hands" just because he hasn't done what you goons want lol

Inquiring doesn't mean anything. If he wasn't inquiring he should be fired. He needs to get a deal done. You're not going to fleece the Texans and get Fuller for a day 3 pick. Offer a 3rd, 2nd if necessary and get it done. 

The only two cited interests are Ertz and Fuller. Seems Gutey is focused on a pass catcher just like he was in the off-season (reported we threw offers at Sanders, Anderson and Cooper) and last trade deadline.

I'd argue that's our 2nd largest need outside of the DL, but I like the trajectory Montravious has been on the last two weeks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Why is Quinnen Williams being brought up as a guy available via trade? Because he plays for a bad team? I guess anyone is for sale on a bad team if you blow them away. You're looking at a Mack/Jamal Adams level compensation. Both of those guys are better players than Williams. He's a piece the Jets are going to build around.

Fan trade dreams are made of bad teams and thinking you can acquire practically any player ala Madden. Which is hilarious because the chance of any team trading a young player they invested a top 'x' pick in isn't exactly zero percent but probably damn close to it.

I also think it's because folks enjoy setting themselves up for major disappointment when a trade doesn't happen. 

48 minutes ago, Joe said:

I think Julio would be the first guy they'd jettison out of that group.

Maybe I missed the discussion earlier, but Dontari Poe anyone? Probably could get him for a 7th if he isn't cut first.

Probably.  But I'd rather have Ridley at this point.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Inquiring doesn't mean anything. If he wasn't inquiring he should be fired. He needs to get a deal done. You're not going to fleece the Texans and get Fuller for a day 3 pick. Offer a 3rd, 2nd if necessary and get it done. 

Sitting on his hands means he's doing nothing. Quit bitching. I mean, you're in here bitching about not trading for Carlos Dunlap. Newsflash: If someone gets traded for a 7th round pick, they aren't going to make a god damn difference. Go play Madden and stfu already.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

The only two cited interests are Ertz and Fuller. Seems Gutey is focused on a pass catcher just like he was in the off-season (reported we threw offers at Sanders, Anderson and Cooper) and last trade deadline.

I'd argue that's our 2nd largest need outside of the DL, but I like the trajectory Montravious has been on the last two weeks. 

Honestly WR is back to No. 1 for me becsuse we've seen some improvement on the DL and we've seen regression from MVS and St. Brown (more injury related).

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The Ertz interest is puzzling. He looks slow and isn't even close to the player he once was.

• Like 1