Trade Targets?

pacman5252

I'm more disappointed when we miss out on players at positions where our players aren't performing.

You can sleep at night knowing the Packers choose to rely on Lazard, who worked his *** off to get where he is and who shows up more often than not when targeted.

Adams and Lowry have had all the opportunity in the world.
Redmond and Green have had all the opportunity in the world.

Gallup could probably be had for a 2nd because it's more than the 3rd round comp the cowboys would eventually receive. But I'm not sure this organization is in the position to trade a 2nd for a WR. And I'm in the improve the WR corps camp.

Edited by Howler

Just now, Packerraymond said:

That's pretty much exactly what Will Fuller is. A fully developed MVS.

He's an eight game rental though. If they aren't taking a 3rd, I pass.

A third is too generous.  Fuller will go for a 4th, maybe 5th. 

Fans always overvalue players.  A third is acceptable given what they did with Hopkins and needing to restore a little faith with the fans, but Fuller's true value is a 4th. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

What's his recent behavior again?  I legit don't remember.  Was there off-field stuff I'm forgetting or was it just he had an argument with his coaches? 

Got caught in a threeway with his bother and some chick..........wife wasn't too pleased.

Finger incident a bit older.

Cut for fighting with teamates...and he was the cut not the teamates to me he's the issue. Plus he's not cheap. We have decent S play we need help in a couple other places i would think. Just my thoughts on him.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

2/3 names are Madden trade worthy.

You might get Tomlinson out of there.

And that's why I said Tomlinson in a prior post. It just makes too much sense. It's also funny that the other two are "madden worthy" yet Tomlinson's been their best DL and he's the cheapest contract wise.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm more disappointed when we miss out on players at positions where our players aren't performing.

You can sleep at night knowing the Packers choose to rely on Lazard, who worked his *** off to get where he is and who shows up more often than not when targeted.

Adams and Lowry have had all the opportunity in the world.
Redmond and Green have had all the opportunity in the world.

Adams and Greene in the category as Redmond and Lowry? Nah.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

How'd that work out for New England?

Sanu, at the time of the trade....112 possible games played.  103 games played.  Played in 92% of his games.

And Sanu had an 800 yard season under his belt.

Unlike Fuller.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like the speed, but not for a first or second.  Maybe even not for a third.  

But you’re acting like at the trade deadline there are going to be sure fire things available. Guys are available for a reason.

Is he ideal? No. I’d like to clone Adams or have prime Jordy if we go that route.

I stated the most perfect WR GB could get for Rodgers is Theilen and that isn’t happening. Fuller was my second best of likely targets.

He goes back to being the 2nd option on a team maybe 3rd when Lazard comes back. And with him likely walking after this year the trade is more:

Fuller and a 4th for a 2nd.

27 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The only two cited interests are Ertz and Fuller. Seems Gutey is focused on a pass catcher just like he was in the off-season (reported we threw offers at Sanders, Anderson and Cooper) and last trade deadline.

I'd argue that's our 2nd largest need outside of the DL, but I like the trajectory Montravious has been on the last two weeks. 

I don't trust Adams to keep it going .. definitely want to see a DL and WR addition at the deadline.  

6 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Sanu was under contract for another season. Emmanuel Sanders is probably a better comp since he was a pending UFA when he was dealt midseason last year. Niners traded a 3rd and 4th for Sanders/5th

I'll look at Sanders compared to Fuller...

Fuller, never has had an 800 yards season.  Plays in about 68% of his games.

Sanders....5 years of over 800 receiver yards.  3 years over 1,000 yards.  One over 1400.  

144 possible games prior to the trade...and I know he had a bad injury in Denver....and he played in 127 games.  88% of his games.

I was honestly wondering if Fuller even had 1400 yards in his career so far....and he has.  He has 2,700 career yards.  Sanders had 2500 yards over a two year stretch in his career.

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

But you’re acting like at the trade deadline there are going to be sure fire things available. Guys are available for a reason.

Is he ideal? No. I’d like to clone Adams or have prime Jordy if we go that route.

I stated the most perfect WR GB could get for Rodgers is Theilen and that isn’t happening. Fuller was my second best of likely targets.

He goes back to being the 2nd option on a team maybe 3rd when Lazard comes back. And with him likely walking after this year the trade is more:

Fuller and a 4th for a 2nd.

So, the goalpost moved here.  

Now it is Fuller and their 4'th, which should be kindda high.

For our second, which should be kindda low.

Now you are talking my language.  That seems like a more likely deal for someone like Fuller.

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'll look at Sanders compared to Fuller...

Fuller, never has had an 800 yards season.  Plays in about 68% of his games.

Sanders....5 years of over 800 receiver yards.  3 years over 1,000 yards.  One over 1400.  

144 possible games prior to the trade...and I know he had a bad injury in Denver....and he played in 127 games.  88% of his games.

I was honestly wondering if Fuller even had 1400 yards in his career so far....and he has.  He has 2,700 career yards.  Sanders had 2500 yards over a two year stretch in his career.

BTW Sanders was close to coming here, but the cold climate dissuaded him.

Edited by Howler