Trade Targets?

pacman5252

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Honestly, you wonder at what point Rodgers would even throw to Fuller.

He might get a couple go routes early on, maybe some drag routes, simple concept stuff that might get him some looks from Rodgers.

But broken plays?  Scramble drills, complex plays, more nuanced routes?

You're looking at week 14 at the earliest.

Not saying I'm against it because I'm for it, just throwing that out there. 

Did it take 14 weeks for Taylor this year?

or 14 for Lazard last year?

Going the other way for a minute, I wonder if the Packers are exploring a trade to dump Kirksey? He's been designated to return so they could activate him and trade him. You wouldn't get much, maybe a 6th or 7th rd conditional pick, but maybe a team like Pittsburgh would be interested after losing Bush for the season...

Not sure Kirksey fits on this roster moving forward: 

1. Barnes is pretty much entrenched as a starter (and we only play 1 ILB a lot) 

2. Martin may be the most talented ILB on the roster and needs to play more, not less. 

3. Burgess is now filling the role as the No. 3, vet ILB

4. Summers is back where he belongs -- mostly ST, emergency No. 4 guy

5. Burks is still around as an emergency ILB

Where does Kirksey fit? Not sure he's going to be good with riding the pine, and that could turn into a weird situation there. Packers could dump the remainder of his deal this year, plus 2021 and maybe get a late day 3 pick if they could find a taker. 

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Did it take 14 weeks for Taylor this year?

or 14 for Lazard last year?

Allen Lazard has actually been a Packer for 3 years. 

Malik Taylor has 4 targets in 6 games.

Week 14 isn't actually 14 weeks away, it's 7.  Fuller wouldn't be able to practice until next week.  He wouldn't be able to play in a game until week 10. 

So that's 4 games. 

It took a lot more than 4 games for Rodgers to start trusting Lazard, and I wouldn't say he's exactly trusting of Taylor yet. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Allen Lazard has actually been a Packer for 3 years. 

Malik Taylor has 4 targets in 6 games.

Week 14 isn't actually 14 weeks away, it's 7.  Fuller wouldn't be able to practice until next week.  He wouldn't be able to play in a game until week 10. 

So that's 4 games. 

It took a lot more than 4 games for Rodgers to start trusting Lazard, and I wouldn't say he's exactly trusting of Taylor yet. 

Lazard played one game in Detroit in 2018 ending the season.

So, he had an offseason with Rodgers before catching a TD with him in Oct 2019 which is valuable, but isn’t 14 games before contributing with him.

He hasn’t been a packer for 3 years. More like 1.5ish.

Edited by Arthur Penske

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Lazard played one game in Detroit in 2018 ending the season.

So, he had an offseason with Rodgers before catching a TD with him in Oct 2019which is valuable, but isn’t 14 games.

he was on the active roster in Sept and caught

What are we arguing here?

If you think Rodgers is gonna start targeting him like crazy good for you. 

How many former and current Packers do I have to cite stating just how particular Rodgers is? 

It's gonna take time for any receiver to get a connection with Rodgers.  If you think otherwise... Good for you. 

I tend to agree that Fuller's value to us is deflated a bit by Rodgers' track record of needing to build trust with receivers. That said, there's a lot Fuller can do for our offense even when he's not getting the ball, and I think Rodgers might warm to him quicker than normal when he sees him getting wide open 30-40 yards downfield. 

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What are we arguing here?

If you think Rodgers is gonna start targeting him like crazy good for you. 

How many former and current Packers do I have to cite stating just how particular Rodgers is? 

It's gonna take time for any receiver to get a connection with Rodgers.  If you think otherwise... Good for you. 

7 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I tend to agree that Fuller's value to us is deflated a bit by Rodgers' track record of needing to build trust with receivers. That said, there's a lot Fuller can do for our offense even when he's not getting the ball, and I think Rodgers might warm to him quicker than normal when he sees him getting wide open 30-40 yards downfield. 

While I’m aware of his track record. Does Rodgers really have a track record with talented veterans? Or just reluctance with really young guys?

i can’t think of a big name vet he’s been paired with.

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Devin Funchess is still technically under contract for next year, correct?

Yes, basically the understanding is if you opted out your contract kind of just froze for a season. So if you just signed for a year... 2021 would be that year. 2 years, 2021 and 2022... and so on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

While I’m aware of his track record. Does Rodgers really have a track record with talented veterans? Or just reluctance with really young guys?

i can’t think of a big name vet he’s been paired with.

Rodgers cares about you doing the work day in day out. Being a professional and consistent everyday. I don’t think he has a hard time with guys to be honest. At least not as much as we think.

He loved Lewis like the first day he got to work with him. And he has discussed young guys too: Kumerow, Lazard, abbrederis, etc. The main factor was he always discussed them being consistent and students of the game.

So I think a guy like Larry Fitzgerald would be more of the type Rodgers would want... say then an Odell or Dez type that seem to get by on just being physically more talented.

Question is if Fuller is that type or not.

• Like 2