Trade Targets?

pacman5252

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Maybe at 3-5, the Panthers would be open to dealing Samuel...he'd be pretty cheap for the rest of this season. 

Still think he would be an electric offensive weapon to add to our squad, even with a healthy Ervin. 

Now you just want a new name on the team. He does nothing new or better this team doesn't have.

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Now you just want a new name on the team. He does nothing new or better this team doesn't have.

You serious? You think Tyler Ervin can do what Curtis Samuel does? Look again. Ervin is a good story and I like the guy. He's also half the athlete that Samuel is on the field. 

There's also this: 

Ervin: (4 games) - 4 rec, 26 yards, 0 tds. 4 carries, 43 yards, 0 tds

Samuel: (7 games) - 29 rec, 262 yards, 1 td; 19 carries, 91 yards, 2 tds

Edited by packfanfb

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Maybe at 3-5, the Panthers would be open to dealing Samuel...he'd be pretty cheap for the rest of this season. 

Still think he would be an electric offensive weapon to add to our squad, even with a healthy Ervin. 

I know almost nothing about Samuel.  But I watched enough of the game last night to know that he would be a great piece to our offense.  He's honestly a "plug and play" kind of guy for us.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

You serious? You think Tyler Ervin can do what Curtis Samuel does? Look again. Ervin is a good story and I like the guy. He's also half the athlete that Samuel is on the field. 

I think MVS and Ervin do what you want him to do. He doesnt advance this offense lol.

Even with Mccaffrey out he cant find force production.

Edited by HighCalebR

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I don't feel like this is true after watching him last night.  He's super quick, quicker than Ervin.  Decisive.  Tough.  He's your jet motion guy who can actually run up the middle and run routes outside.  He's a nice player.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I don't feel like this is true after watching him last night.  He's super quick, quicker than Ervin.  Decisive.  Tough.  He's your jet motion guy who can actually run up the middle and run routes outside.  He's a nice player.

How much does that advance this team?

5 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I think MVS and Ervin do what you want him to do. He doesnt advance this offense lol.

First, I'd rather have Fuller.

Second, if you don't get Fuller, Samuel still makes us a better team.

Third, Samuel is a better player than both MVS and Ervin.

Fourth, you can never have too many weapons who are athletes like Samuel. He can line up anywhere. He's what we used to do with Randall Cobb, but on speed. (See Kansas City). 

I've wanted Samuel since the rumors started back during the draft that he was available. Who knows if he ever was then. Had the Panthers won last night, there'd probably be no chance, but at 3-5, I could see them looking to unload a guy like Samuel who is a FA after this season. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

First, I'd rather have Fuller.

Second, if you don't get Fuller, Samuel still makes us a better team.

Third, Samuel is a better player than both MVS and Ervin.

Fourth, you can never have too many weapons who are athletes like Samuel. He can line up anywhere. He's what we used to do with Randall Cobb, but on speed. (See Kansas City). 

I've wanted Samuel since the rumors started back during the draft that he was available. Who knows if he ever was then. Had the Panthers won last night, there'd probably be no chance, but at 3-5, I could see them looking to unload a guy like Samuel who is a FA after this season. 

Same.

Does he? His best season is 750 7 TD, and now that their high paid dynamic weapon is out his high on the season from dump off teddy two gloves is less than 70 yards in a game. Just pay Aaron Jones if you want samuels around.

After going over it I'm all for Kenny Stills. Don't want to give up a draft pick on a rental for an injury prone Fuller. Stills has a good production over the years, will be more easily to acquire and might be able to keep long term without costing too much. 

Fuller is a pipe dream. Stills is the reality. Do it Gute!!!!

10 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

After going over it I'm all for Kenny Stills. Don't want to give up a draft pick on a rental for an injury prone Fuller. Stills has a good production over the years, will be more easily to acquire and might be able to keep long term without costing too much. 

Cobb might be a serious possibility as well.  Rodgers will trust him and he can step right in and pick up this system.

**edit .. read somewhere that Cobb has 8.25 mil guaranteed in '21.  That's not feasible for the Packers.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

19 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

At this point, I can pretty much live with any move that brings in a WR who can breathe and run routes better than 83.