Trade Targets?

pacman5252

16 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You are simultaneously overestimating and underestimating the logic of GB forum posters, well done!!!

Lol.

I don't have anything that negative about him. But it's funny to watch the mental gymnastics performed to prop up any potential FA or trade guy when there's talk about them coming here. The only time that doesn't exist, is if the player once played here. They're all so starved for these moves because we never do them. And I get it, "logically" it can look like that is a main reason we haven't won more titles. There's nothing wrong with wanting to add more talent. But I think we make far more of every potential target than they really are, mostly because we most don't have enough personal experience watching these players as one of our own (and we just want to be that team that tries that stuff because we feel like we never do).

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

He definitely moves the needle for the rest of this season. Have you watched our WRs play? If he's a rental, so what? That means you flip him for a 4th rd compensatory pick when another team pays him $10-$12 million next season. So you gave up a 3rd and get back a 4 the following season while getting a player to help for a SB run. Why is this so difficult to understand? Now if Houston wants more than that, then fine, no deal, but I'm not buying that because a 3rd would be good compensation for them. 

Yeah...our QB is #1 in ANY/A in the NFL with Davante Adams...and a bunch of scrubs according to you.  Rodgers is doing just fine with Allen Lazard and MVS as his second and third WRs.  We have bigger fish to fry then a glorified MVS.

The expectations for what Fuller could do in GB this season seem way out of sync with what he has actually done in HOU.  He'd be starting from ground zero with Rodgers and the scheme.  He'd be coming to GB in November, and we're expecting him to not only be fully integrated into the offense, but become an active difference maker in time for the playoffs?  Is this because of Rodgers well known history of developing instant trust/chemistry with new WR's?  Oh... wait.  I really don't get it.  

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 4

Even if Fuller comes here and makes a difference. What is that difference? 1-2 points a game? The team already averages 33 points a game. If that’s not good enough the team isn’t good enough. Offense hasn’t been an issue. Davante has a ton of targets last week but that doesn’t necessarily mean he was the only one getting open. He is the first read generally if he is always open why go to the second read? This may have played a factor into why Rodgers was getting the ball out quicker too. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

He definitely moves the needle for the rest of this season. Have you watched our WRs play? If he's a rental, so what? That means you flip him for a 4th rd compensatory pick when another team pays him $10-$12 million next season. So you gave up a 3rd and get back a 4 the following season while getting a player to help for a SB run. Why is this so difficult to understand? Now if Houston wants more than that, then fine, no deal, but I'm not buying that because a 3rd would be good compensation for them. 

That's assuming anyone gives him that contract. And that the Packers don't sign players of their own. It's a pretty absurd WR class next year with a lot of teams up against the cap, assuming it does not increase.

Fuller would be a good add.  He's having a big year and would add some much needed speed to the Pack attack.  He'd fit in well as a #2 or #3 and help push some of the riff raff down the depth chart a bit.  Fuller is producing this season as a #1 wideout .. imagine what he might do in GB as a #2 or #3.  He would present some matchup problems for the opposition.  I don't know if I'd give up a 3rd, but a 4th for sure .. seeing that we will be getting some comp picks.

1 hour ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Even if Fuller comes here and makes a difference. What is that difference? 1-2 points a game? The team already averages 33 points a game. If that’s not good enough the team isn’t good enough. Offense hasn’t been an issue. Davante has a ton of targets last week but that doesn’t necessarily mean he was the only one getting open. He is the first read generally if he is always open why go to the second read? This may have played a factor into why Rodgers was getting the ball out quicker too. 

I think the worry is more about playing better teams in the postseason. GB is avg 33 against... Vikings, lions, falcons, Texans mostly. Games against likely playoff teams, they are 1-1 and only score 10 on the best defense.

Similar to last year GB was like what 14-4... losing twice to a great defensive team. GB will destroy most teams... the teams they won’t are the ones they will play in the postseason consistently.

So I think why some want to add a WR is because they feel this offense isn’t good enough against playoff caliber defenses (ala Tampa bay).

Edited by Green19

11 hours ago, Green19 said:

I think the worry is more about playing better teams in the postseason. GB is avg 33 against... Vikings, lions, falcons, Texans mostly. Games against likely playoff teams, they are 1-1 and only score 10 on the best defense.

Similar to last year GB was like what 14-4... losing twice to a great defensive team. GB will destroy most teams... the teams they won’t are the ones they will play in the postseason consistently.

So I think why some want to add a WR is because they feel this offense isn’t good enough against playoff caliber defenses (ala Tampa bay).

I believe they are good enough. That Tampa game was just one of those games. I was more concerned with the complete inability to stop them. Having Fuller and Adams in that game wouldn’t have changed the outcome. After that pick 6 something flipped in Rodgers head and it was over. You can tell by the miss to Lewis on the seam route. That’s a throw he usually drops right in there fir a big gain. Having confidence your defense will perform even on your off days will maybe allow the offense to not play as tight against teams like Tampa. Kind of just different philosophies I guess. 

14 hours ago, Leader said:

When we drafted EQ, thats who I hoped he'd develop into - a bigger/faster version of Alshon.

Now I agree that there was more buzz surrounding EQ than his 6th round grade reflects. I recall some mocks/experts giving him a 2nd round grade. I know they loved his measurables and pedigree. I was excited to think that we may have found a late round diamond who may have slipped for whatever reason, but unfortunately he cant stay healthy and apparently Rodgers contacted him during the offseason and told him that there were big things expected from him this year. He response has been disappointing and, again it needs to be stated that three draft picks were spent on WR and theres a good chance not one makes it to week 1 next year. Simple math and business acumen suggest that the Packers are damn lucky that their drafting decencies can be partially masked by spending a pick on the Fuller rental and then investing a 1st or 2nd on a thoroughbred at WR that is can walk thru the door day 1 with skill set that can get him on the field faster than the rest of these guys. Between WR and TE draft picks, not one emerged in the two years since drafting the 3 receiver and Jayce Sternberger. With all the offensive production across the league from other prospects its been has tough to watch. Imagine if Lazard hadnt been scooped off Jacksonvilles pile...

ok, I put that into words and submitted it to the web before Tuesday. There was lots of chatter after the draft saying that if in the right possession to make a run, the front office would be proactive in adding those pieces.

I dont get this "EQ cant stay healthy" concept.
As a rookie he was active in 12 of 13 games. He didnt suffer any injuries that I can recall.
As a 2nd year guy, he suffered a season ending injury at the end of training camp. It happens.
As a 3rd year guy, he was inactive early on and has had nagging injuries suffered by many players.
I dont get the "EQ cant stay healthy" line of thinking. He's got to earn his field time now ....but I dont see health as a factor.

You know what we shoulda done!! Selected that TJ Watt guy when we had the chance and then traded a 3rd (instead of a 4th) this past draft and moved up and selected the guy from LSU Justin Jefferson. Hes a dynamic WR that actually Minnesota drafted. I wonder if hes seen significant playing time this year. I mean, its clear that all the receivers we draft need a minimum of 2 years before contributing anything significant so Im guessing Jefferson buried on the bench, a healthy weekly scratch because of issues with the play book.

I survived the White Wizard blind faith that Packer fans  subscribed to and sat here quietly for 10 years on this forum while anyone who suggested "kicking the tires" etc was quickly  dismissed for confusing real world scenarios with Madden tendencies.   It didnt turn out great and so I think Ive quietly observed and been a good student for long enough.

12 minutes ago, Bang! said:

You know what we shoulda done!! Selected that TJ Watt guy when we had the chance and then traded a 3rd (instead of a 4th) this past draft and moved up and selected the guy from LSU Justin Jefferson. Hes a dynamic WR that actually Minnesota drafted. I wonder if hes seen significant playing time this year. I mean, its clear that all the receivers we draft need a minimum of 2 years before contributing anything significant so Im guessing Jefferson buried on the bench, a healthy weekly scratch because of issues with the play book.

I survived the White Wizard blind faith that Packer fans  subscribed to and sat here quietly for 10 years on this forum while anyone who suggested "kicking the tires" etc was quickly  dismissed for confusing real world scenarios with Madden tendencies.   It didnt turn out great and so I think Ive quietly observed and been a good student for long enough.

This is a creative and unique take

• Like 2