Trade Targets?

pacman5252

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Packers need a move-the-needle acquisition at WR. Fuller seems to be the obvious choice. If you can have him for a 3rd, it's a no brainer. If it happens, it'll be Monday because the Packers save $600k by waiting until Monday to complete the trade. 

Will Fuller is a move-the-needle acquisition?  That's a stretch.  He's never had more than 49 receptions in a season and he's never had more than 670 receiving yards in a season.  Oh, and he's never played more than 14 games in a season.  And he's a FA at the end of the year, but you want to give a 3rd for him?  Good thing you're not our GM.

• Like 2

Just now, Donzo said:

Interesting... I can't remember the last time I watched highlights on ESPN. I'm thinking maybe when the Cubs won the WS (2016, not 1908). For NFL highlights, I just can't remember- odd.

On the WR thing. I live in the Tampa Bay area & the Bucs have around four WRs like that... So, that's one team.

You're going to have to define complete receiver for me. 

Are you referring to Chris Godwin with his 25 receptions and 2 touchdowns on the year?  Or maybe his strong 2019 season out of 121 targets in a year where his QB set an NFL record for interceptions and was 28th all-time in pass attempts? 

Evans I'll grant you.  He's a complete WR. 

Are you talking about Antonio Brown?  Who is 32 years old and has gone an entire year without playing in a game?  Because if you're calling his brain complete, I've got some stories for you.

Don't know who else you could be referring to.  Four receivers who are complete receivers?  That's impressive.  Who?  Who are those 4 receivers?

Cyril Grayson.  Or Tyler Johnson.  Maybe Jaydon Mickens.  Scotty Miller?  Justin Watson? 

Who?  Who is that 4th complete receiver? 

You must consider Julian Edleman a complete receiver too, right?  He sure can work that boundary and isn't limited to the slot, right? 

And Davante Parker.  He sure is the whole package.  With a catch rate of 56% in 2019, he had over 1200 yards.  He can do it all.  Block, catch the short ones, catch the long ones.  Beat man, beat zone. 

Yeah, there are like 64 complete receivers in the league.  Every other team has two complete receivers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Will Fuller is a move-the-needle acquisition?  That's a stretch.  He's never had more than 49 receptions in a season and he's never had more than 670 receiving yards in a season.  Oh, and he's never played more than 14 games in a season.  And he's a FA at the end of the year, but you want to give a 3rd for him?  Good thing you're not our GM.

Over how Those after after Adams and Lazard have played in 2020 it’s stretch to call it a move the needle acquisition? Right.... 

How many of you think it is actually think it is a waste to trade for a player this season as the season will be cut short? Lockdowns are kicking in Europe and I'm sure soon enough the same will happen in the USA. Renting a player in exchange for a draft pick could be a complete waste this year. 

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

He definitely moves the needle for the rest of this season. Have you watched our WRs play? If he's a rental, so what? That means you flip him for a 4th rd compensatory pick when another team pays him $10-$12 million next season. So you gave up a 3rd and get back a 4 the following season while getting a player to help for a SB run. Why is this so difficult to understand? Now if Houston wants more than that, then fine, no deal, but I'm not buying that because a 3rd would be good compensation for them. 

Edited by packfanfb

3 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

How many of you think it is actually think it is a waste to trade for a player this season as the season will be cut short? Lockdowns are kicking in Europe and I'm sure soon enough the same will happen in the USA. Renting a player in exchange for a draft pick could be a complete waste this year. 

I see zero chance of that happening. This is the NFL, one of the biggest money-making machines in the country. Absent a total explosion of COVID throughout the league, they are playing a full season. 

18 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

The USA is a very different place than Europe lol

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He definitely moves the needle for the rest of this season. Have you watched our WRs play? If he's a rental, so what? That means you flip him for a 4th rd compensatory pick when another team pays him $10-$12 million next season. So you gave up a 3rd and get back a 4 the following season while getting a player to help for a SB run. Why is this so difficult to understand? Now if Houston wants more than that, then fine, no deal, but I'm not buying that because a 3rd would be good compensation for them. 

I'm with you. Will Fuller would push Lazard into wr 3 which IMO he would flourish there. 

I don't know about some of the projections for comp picks for Fuller. He seems like a prime "prices himself out of the early money and ends up having to settle for a smaller one-year deal" candidate, especially this year where there will be less early money. He's not good enough to be a guaranteed big contract guy.

• Like 2