Trade Targets?

pacman5252

5 hours ago, Skippy said:

All this receiver talk, and I agree that's a position we should build upon. But to me our biggest weakness with or without injuries is interior DL. Obviously Quinnen Williams is the big fish in the pond. Leonard Williams? Steve McLendon? Sheldon Rankins? Jonathan Hankins? Thoughts anybody?

After watching this shtzshow I'm looking like a genius. We aren't getting any push into the backfield. 

8 hours ago, Bang! said:

Bigger fish as in resigning Bahk/King/Jones/Williams? Doesn't adding a top 15 WR for a mid-round pick and negligible cap hit make perfect sense? Are you referring to the contracts coming up or something else?

I was speaking more about the DL than anything else.

• Like 1

After the past ten years of, well, greatly failing at drafting defensive players with very few exceptions, lets just go all offense so at least opposing defenses know that their presence on the field is an exercise in futility (assuming we still have a knack for drafting WRs)

50 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

After the past ten years of, well, greatly failing at drafting defensive players with very few exceptions, lets just go all offense so at least opposing defenses know that their presence on the field is an exercise in futility (assuming we still have a knack for drafting WRs)

There is are argument for having a strong strength vs being mediocre all around. We’ve really needed to dump a second on a wr since we cut Jordy in 2017. The sad thing looking at top 64 picks at wr, there are so few true busts.  I’d feel a lot better right now with:

-2017 JuJu or Kupp over Josh Jones

-2018 Kirk, Gallup, Chark... even James Washington over Jackson

2019- Debo, DK, M Brown, ABrown, Hardman over Savage

You can dart throw with running back, we is different. It’s apparent this organization put too much stock in the mid round 2018 class and it’s apparent they all suck. ESB is getting cut next camp. MVS will play out his contract but can only run 1 route. Moore is gone.

10 hours ago, Skippy said:

After watching this shtzshow I'm looking like a genius. We aren't getting any push into the backfield. 

Considering this has been stated well before you made that post by multiple people, Idk that it makes you look like a genius but rather shows you have good reading comprehension 

2 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

IF the negotiations with Bakh are going badly and the sides seem far apart would you take a trade for him? AND if you do take a trade for him what is the minimum you would take?

I wouldn’t do it. Send flowers if needed idgaf what ya do just make nice and pay zat man heez mani..especially considering how Rodgers has been performing in recent years when facing any kind of consistent pressure.

Felt Rodgers was very much on point today but we couldn’t overcome the obvious issues with our “defense“ (if that’s what we are trying to call it) regardless. Also felt that nearly everything that could have gone against us pretty much did. The officiating was awful and I rarely ever complain about the refs. The wind & Crosby’s injury causing us to pass up on at least 2 field goals..then we could have kicked the game winner on the last drive if things shook out that way..some bad dropped passes, and the missed throw to Sternberger after he slowed down etc etc etc

I hate to see the window for Rodgers
closing because the organization still fails to put a league average or better defense on the field for 10 years. The best addition would be by subtraction (Pettine) but I doubt it happens. Quinnen Williams or Leonard Williams is what we need. Unless we add a guy like that to our D-line and it is somehow enough to fix the inexistent run defense, we will not win more than 1 playoff game this year. 

I'm a seller at this point.  Pettine isn't going to get fired.  That just isn't happening this season.  The Packers are too slow to do anything worthwhile and don't want to harm that 6th round player's development by trading that pick for someone who could actually help.

They say they fired McCarthy because complacency sunk in, and yet they're still complacent with their defense allowing over 180 yards from one player when the QB attempts only 16 passes.

So I'm a seller.  **** this current staff.  Everyone knows LaFleur didn't want Pettine back.  Everyone knows LaFleur doesn't want Pettine, and there's Pettine.

So I'm trading King (If I can, don't know if you can trade him while he's hurt).
I'm trading Jones.
I'm trading Bakhtiari.
I'm trading Gary.

I'm trading enough players so we don't embarrass ourselves with the #1 seed only to lose in embarrassing fashion in the Championship game at home. 

With Pettine, there is 0 - ZERO - ZERO - ZERO - ZERO - ZERO - ZERO - ZERO - ZERO - ZERO - ZERO - ZER0

Chance we beat the Buccaneers, 49ers, Seahawks, Ravens or Chiefs in the playoffs.

We would have to hope for divine intervention where somehow the Rams beat everyone, but even the Rams might destroy us completely and wholly. 

And I'm sick of getting all the way to the Championship Game only to get the 28th overall pick and no help the following year.

We're not competing next year, either.  It's not happening. 

Aaron's cap hit goes up to 36 million next year. 

36 MILLION.  No QB has ever won the Super Bowl accounting for 13% of the cap and that is 20.5% of the cap. 

So I say instead of trading FOR players, let's convert some or as much as damn possible of that 36 million dollar cap hit into a cap hit this year, draft a LT in round one then CB in round two.  We'll get a new DC because nobody will be able to save Pettine after two straight embarrassments in the postseason, and with a new DC we can have less talent and better production.

Because I guaran-****ing-tee ain't no Goddamn coordinator going to replace Pettine and put Preston Smith at ****ing cornerback.

Just now, Malfatron said:

yeah, gotta hope for the Saints in the WC game.

i think thats our best bet

Seattle is still a possible win due to their defense, but I don't want to see Russel Wilson against this defense.

Bills, Dolphins, Raiders, Browns, Titans, Colts.  Those are the AFC teams we could beat.  Eh on the Titans.  But you figure if the Titans take out the Chiefs, Bills take out Ravens, we've got a chance at a Super Bowl win.

We can beat the Eagles, Bears and Saints in the NFC.

There's always some hope, otherwise I'd quit watching the rest of the year, but it's no longer about our team.  Instead, it's about which teams our team faces. 

Cannot beat a good team other than MAYBE the Seahawks with this defense.  Period. 

Honestly, this thread could be closed, Packers aren't going to trade for anyone to help this team or should I saw aren't willing to give enough to help this team now. But what they will do, is sign someone whos been cut by 4 different teams and sign them to the practice squad.

Anyone watch the Eagles game last night, this Travis Fulgham guy was on GB's practices squad in August, they waived him 9 days later. He has a TD in every game so far this year except one and has better production than any receiver not named Adams on this roster.