Trade Targets?

pacman5252

19 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

My question is more around the idea that putting four downlineman feels more restrictive no matter the nickel or dime in the backend.  It takes more time for a downlineman to drop into a zone while they bring an unexpected blitz on the other side.  The 3-4 vs 4-3 question is less about "are they in nickel and dime" and more about what are the lineman doing.

What do we think the 2nd number in those equations means? You literally cannot be in nickel OR dime if youre in a 3-4 or 4-3. We run a bunch of 4 front and 5 front and 3 front

2 minutes ago, Striker said:

If we listened to the loudest elements of Packers Twitter than Brett Favre would have been reinstated as QB in 2008.

So...not exactly the group I'd want to listen to. Especially those bottom three accounts there.

I mean it wouldn't have entirely hurt to have gone back to Favre, he did have one of his best years statistically as a viking after he left.

I am extremely pissed off at the packers front office right now, this is honestly insane if they get nobody before the trade deadline and will be boycotting them for a while. This is really Pathetic that they can't even trade for anybody.   They guys that are getting traded are not even going for high level picks. Just trade the picks ya jerk off Gute. You can't even pick the right players anyway even if you keep the damn picks. Holy ****, Im so fed up now.

Edited by Packman04

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Hands sat on

What if his reply was "**** Green Bay it's boring as hell there"?

Maybe he was just waiting for the Bucs and Brady to call (as he's presently living with Brady)?

*edit* Sure does seem that way and I misunderstood your context.

Edited by Striker

2 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

I mean it wouldn't have entirely hurt to have gone back to Favre, he did have one of his best years statistically as a viking after he left.

??   Am I understanding you to say Green Bay should have "gone back to Favre" after he finally retired from MN (?) and we'd handed the team over to some #1 draft pick named Aaron? 

6 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

What do we think the 2nd number in those equations means? You literally cannot be in nickel OR dime if youre in a 3-4 or 4-3. We run a bunch of 4 front and 5 front and 3 front

Those are the names of the base defenses and how you can shift the middle and back end.  Obviously.  I don't know if you're being deliberately nitpicky or what.  The more important part is the first number.  If you can't figure that out from the comments, I can't help you.

Edited by Smidgeon

Just now, Leader said:

??   Am I understanding you to say Green Bay should have "gone back to Favre" after he finally retired from MN (?) and we'd handed the team over to some #1 draft pick named Aaron? 

lol no, I'm just saying if they did happen to go back to Favre, I don't think it would have hindered the team's performance on the field production wise. It would have hindered Rogers career I'd say. But I was all aboard the move from Favre to Rogers, Favre retired, he gave up those keys, then tried to take the keys back.

• Like 1

whenever Rodgers leaves this team is going to go down the ****ter. Its going to be the 70's and 80s all over again. I have zero faith in this team right now in making any good decisions and coming to the realization that having a hall of fame qb playing at a mvp level is the only reason this team is 5-2 currently. if you replace him with any other quarterback other then Mahomes, or Wilson, this team would be awful.

Just now, Packman04 said:

whenever Rodgers leaves this team is going to go down the ****ter. Its going to be the 70's and 80s all over again. I have zero faith in this team right now in making any good decisions and coming to the realization that having a hall of fame qb playing at a mvp level is the only reason this team is 5-2 currently. if you replace him with any other quarterback other then Mahomes, or Wilson, this team would be awful.

I have been very concerned about this for years. This team has been competitive largely due to Rodgers. He has made up for bad coaching and bad defense for years. 

1 minute ago, Packman04 said:

I'd agree with that. You could also say the same thing since the won the SB back in 2010. If it wasn't for Rodgers, this team would consistently have top 15 picks at the highest. Rodgers has kept this team a float and relevant for too long.

6 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

I'd agree with that. You could also say the same thing since the won the SB back in 2010. If it wasn't for Rodgers, this team would consistently have top 15 picks at the highest. Rodgers has kept this team a float and relevant for too long.

I am so f'n frustrated with this team now, that makes me think how frustrated rodgers must be and he is still saying the right things right now and his body language has been a big plus. The defense is awful, it really boggles my mind that they can't even do basic football things like tackle correctly. I have been one the Gary bandwagon  since he was drafted but now thinking he is going to be a bust and savage is turning into a bust too. that makes me think that Gutenkunst  isn't as smart as he think he is. The had one of the worst drafts I ever seen in April and I dont think they will ever recover from it, for as long Aaron is the qb. 

Edited by Packman04