Trade Targets?

pacman5252

9 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

will fuller is a top 30 receiver in the league imo. it's not even close in terms of comparing mvs to fuller in terms of effectiveness. fuller is tiers ahead. personally i just don't want the anxiety of having him as the roster as he's the most injury prone dude in the league 

I don't see it but that's just me. Defense wins trophies and we have a solid ground game and an Ok group of WR's when all healthy. I agree on the injury issue but that can happen to anyone.

17 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Why, serious question? What does he bring. He's caught 5 TD's in 5 games for a bad team. I don't see what he would do we have speed in MVS so what else does Fuller really do.

If we're going big lets go after Williams with the Jets he's reasonable well at least until his option year.

Here's the thing though, MVS isn't a good WR

12 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Here's the thing though, MVS isn't a good WR

38 games, 79 receptions, 1275 yards, 7 TD

49 games, 187 receptions, 2721 yards, 21 TD.

Fifth round pick, under 1 million.

First round pick 10 million.

I am all for bringing Fuller in, but he is not who you think he is.

MVS is at 34 yards per game, Fuller at 55.

Next year, MVS is your Fuller.

So yeah, one year rental I’m all in.  Beyond?  You live with MVS in a contract year.  Those drops disappear in a contract year I guarantee it.

3 hours ago, Striker said:

I wouldn't offer a 3rd unless I was positive you could get him extended. And considering Sanu and Sanders went for 2nd round picks last year and that Watson would have zero weapons courtesy of the BoB trades...

Assuming we don't sign anyone (which we are up on the cap so that is a safe assumption), we'd get a 2022 pick back in a comp pick if Fuller walks (assuming he gets 10-14M a year it would likely be a 3rd or 4th). For this team that has SB aspirations, I think a 2021 third and 5th are worth:

8 games+post season, the right at signing Fuller first

or 8 games + post season + a 2022 4th round pick

Keep in mind too we are projected to have an extra 4/5/6 in 2021 from our offseason losses last year.

1 hour ago, persiandud said:

the Jets are not going to trade Williams, that makes no sense for them. you guys need to stop thinking just because a team is bad they're willing to trade anybody on their roster. Quinnen is one of the only foundation pieces on that roster

and Fuller is SO MUCH BETTER than MVS. he would make our offense much more lethal. i'm sick of relying on MVS and I get the feeling Rodgers and the coaches are too 

That's not the question though - Fuller is obviously a better WR. But is Fuller + 0 reps with 12 better than MVS with 4 seasons of reps with 12? And when does that equation tip? Week 16?

37 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

38 games, 79 receptions, 1275 yards, 7 TD

49 games, 187 receptions, 2721 yards, 21 TD.

Fifth round pick, under 1 million.

First round pick 10 million.

I am all for bringing Fuller in, but he is not who you think he is.

MVS is at 34 yards per game, Fuller at 55.

Next year, MVS is your Fuller.

So yeah, one year rental I’m all in.  Beyond?  You live with MVS in a contract year.  Those drops disappear in a contract year I guarantee it.

i myself would take the product if the price is right. With those numbers i have a hard time using a 3rd to get fuller. I don't care taht he was drafted in the first that means little now that hes' a vet. His stats scream 5th or lower.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Don't know if it's even a possibility, but my No. 1 WR is still Gallup. Just makes a ton of sense for GB and offers the max value in exchange for having to give up a Day 2 pick. 

And it makes no sense for Dallas. He has 2 years on his rookie deal. Takes two to tango

Edited by Arthur Penske

10 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

And it makes no sense for Dallas. He has 2 years on his rookie deal. Takes two to tango

Exactly.. They're not trading him. They have no reason and nobody is going give a first. Not us anyways. You don't get young guys with years left on a non first round rookie deal for mid picks unless he's some headache or something.

Every time you think like this, just try to imagine if you had the guy on your team and what you would want. There's no way we'd give him up for a 3rd plus crap. 

• Like 1

Interesting that MLF was at Notre Dame same time as Will Fuller and knows him well. Does that make a difference? Sure it does. Do I think we'll sign Fuller? No chance.

With the cap shape we'll be in after we sign as many of our own that we can, we'll want all our draft picks to fill the holes that we'll have in our roster.

3 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

Is Poe completely done? I haven't really kept up with him since he left KC. He was amazing in KC but obviously isn't the same guy. Could be a space eater to replace Lancaster though. 

If we wanted him or if we really wanted any DT, Poe alongside a boat load of other DTs where available this off season and we didn't make a move. I think we are happy with what we have got. 

31 minutes ago, Norm said:

Exactly.. They're not trading him. They have no reason and nobody is going give a first. Not us anyways. You don't get young guys with years left on a non first round rookie deal for mid picks unless he's some headache or something.

Every time you think like this, just try to imagine if you had the guy on your team and what you would want. There's no way we'd give him up for a 3rd plus crap. 

Situation is a bit different in Dallas with Lamb in the fold. Dallas would be foolish to not take a 2 if offered. Gallup is never going to be more than their No. 3 moving forward. That means fewer opportunities. That means more likely he leaves after 2021. That means no chance Dallas gets better than probably a 4-5 compensatory pick. He's a depreciating asset. They actually should sell high if there's a taker.