So it begins, do the Bears draft a 1st round QB in 2021?

dafreak

51 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Would we be okay with a massive trade up for him?

Dude unless we finish in the bottom 15 then there is no chance Bears get Fields and I would not even want to entertain what we'd have to give up in order to land him if that was the case.

Everyone knows Pace like to trade up and is willing to pay more than he has to.

I just do not think that this constant trading of future assets is a formula for long term success.

Look at the Texans and Watson as an example.  Even if Fields pans out to be an elite QB then he will have no one around him.

Edited by topwop1

11 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Dude unless we finish in the bottom 15 then there is no chance Bears get Fields and I would not even want to entertain what we'd have to give up in order to land him if that was the case.

Everyone knows Pace like to trade up and is willing to pay more than he has to.

I just do not think that this constant trading of future assets is a formula for long term success.

Look at the Texans and Watson as an example.  Even if Fields pans out to be an elite QB then he will have no one around him.

Agreed, Fields would have to be elite for it to be worth it.

The Eagles went from the late teens to 2 for Wentz, they had to make a couple of trades.

I am just wondering what people's tolerance for risk is at the QB spot assuming Pace/Nagy are back?

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Agreed, Fields would have to be elite for it to be worth it.

The Eagles went from the late teens to 2 for Wentz, they had to make a couple of trades.

I am just wondering what people's tolerance for risk is at the QB spot assuming Pace/Nagy are back?

My tolerance is take whatever is available to you while also getting good value for that pick.

Don't force a pick at QB just for the sake of making one and do not give up the farm for a player unless you feel that player is a generational talent and someone who will complete your team.

Bears are far from a complete team.

This coming QB class looks like it has pretty good depth.  I would not panic to make a move up for a QB if I was the GM of this team.

29 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

My tolerance is take whatever is available to you while also getting good value for that pick.

Don't force a pick at QB just for the sake of making one and do not give up the farm for a player unless you feel that player is a generational talent and someone who will complete your team.

Bears are far from a complete team.

This coming QB class looks like it has pretty good depth.  I would not panic to make a move up for a QB if I was the GM of this team.

I think that is where I am at.

The difference between Fields and Trask would have to be enormous to make the risk palatable.

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

It all depends on if Pace has #conviction or not

c07.gif

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Would we be okay with a massive trade up for him?

I think he would be a major piece to make Chicago the premier attraction if Nagy is fired. I'd take that gamble if I really felt good about Fields. Especially with guys who have had success with mobile QBs like Roman. 

Bring it on. 

That being said if he isn't massively better than Lance and Trask then why make the move? I am assuming the scouting group feels Fields is an elite talent and Trask/Lance just aren't near that level. I don't want depth, I want elite talent, someone to build around for the next 15 years. If they feel that guy is there then I'd make a massive move for him. You may lose some draft picks for 2-3 years, but in comparison to missing a franchise QB that is peanuts. You can patch pieces around a rookie QB due to their salary, and that exciting piece will attract FAs too. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Huh. Wow!

I know it's a plus highlight batch, but watching him scan the field looks like a CNC machine, just fast and automatic.  I'm just guessing he can count to 4 while wearing a helmet...

My current top 5.

1. Trevor Lawrence [Clemson]: We have not shot and the Jets will ruin this piece of art.

2. Justin Fields [Ohio St]: I really like Fields, I think his size, mobility and ability to throw to all parts of the field are really special. Again we have no chance of getting him which is sad.

3. Mac Jones [Alabama]: He is really having a great year and is so accurate on all throws. He shows an ability to process and has nice touch to make up for a non-special arm. Has played at a big program in big games.

4. Zach Wilson [BYU]: He has a quick release, has nice accuracy, sees the field well, and has some serious moxie. Level of competition scares me a little.

5. Kyle Trask [Florida]: Reminds me of Foles with more physical tools. Has nice pocket movement and accuracy, but makes some bad decisions.

I just cannot get on board with Trey Lance. I have concerns about 1 year of starting experience, level of competition, how much development he needs after we screwed up Trubisky's development.