So it begins, do the Bears draft a 1st round QB in 2021?

dafreak

https://beargoggleson.com/2020/09/28/chicago-bears-quarterbacks-2021-nfl-draft-trubisky-foles/

Quarterbacks the Chicago Bears should target in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Week 3 of the 2020 NFL season may be the last time we see former second overall pick Mitchell Trubisky start at quarterback for the Chicago Bears. Trubisky played okay during the game but started to struggle in the third quarter throwing an interception virtually to the other team.

I hope so. If the top 2-3 prospects are gone then maybe look at an OT or young EDGE with upside. Really that's the only three spots that should be considered if not in the back end of the draft IMO. 

I'm fine with aggressively going after the QB you want too. Or just trading for Mahomes, Wilson or Jackson, whatever. 

I'm still on board with going BIG on a trade for Lawrence, currently. And I think there's a very decent shot he's up for sale, a few of the bottom feeding teams just got QBs and might hesitate to get new ones just yet. It just won't be cheap. 

Haven't dug deep on Fields yet... but I didn't really feel wowed by him.

The more I watch of Lance, the less I like.. but his highlights are wonderful.... He's super risky.

The rest I've barely paid attention to yet...

• Like 1

Depends on the results of the season. Foles isn't all that old. If they have a lot of success, I can't see them drafting a QB really high this coming off-season. 

I banged the drum for a draft pick last go-round, and since Pace was too stupid to do that, I think since now Mitch is almost definitely a goner, Pace needs to get a clue and  go out and get a young guy right now. If the Titans don't sign Anthony Gordon, get him. Sign Nate Stanley from the Vikings' practice squad. Do whatever, but say goodbye to Tyler Bray and start planning for the future.

Trading for Foles, although a great decision, was a desperation move. Be proactive, Pace. Be smart. Put some actual thought into the quarterback position, for a change. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Depends on the results of the season. Foles isn't all that old. If they have a lot of success, I can't see them drafting a QB really high this coming off-season. 

I banged the drum for a draft pick last go-round, and since Pace was too stupid to do that, I think since now Mitch is almost definitely a goner, Pace needs to get a clue and  go out and get a young guy right now. If the Titans don't sign Anthony Gordon, get him. Sign Nate Stanley from the Vikings' practice squad. Do whatever, but say goodbye to Tyler Bray and start planning for the future.

Trading for Foles, although a great decision, was a desperation move. Be proactive, Pace. Be smart. Put some actual thought into the quarterback position, for a change. 

Yeah, I think the same. If Foles tears it up for the rest of the year, there's no shot they go QB in round 1.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

I'm still on board with going BIG on a trade for Lawrence, currently. And I think there's a very decent shot he's up for sale, a few of the bottom feeding teams just got QBs and might hesitate to get new ones just yet. It just won't be cheap. 

Yup. It's a crazy situation. Some really good rookies coming out, and, for once, not a whole hell of a lot of demand for them. I've been preaching the same scenario forever. Getting Lawrence wouldn't be cheap, as you say, but it could well be POSSIBLE. Which is nearly unheard of in today's NFL. 

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

Haven't dug deep on Fields yet... but I didn't really feel wowed by him.

I think you'll come around. He's better than you think. A lot of NFL folks like him better than Lawrence, even. 

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah, I think the same. If Foles tears it up for the rest of the year, there's no shot they go QB in round 1.

I think Foles will be serviceable but I don't see him playing well enough to keep the Bears from drafting a QB in round 1.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pool said:

I think Foles will be serviceable but I don't see him playing well enough to keep the Bears from drafting a QB in round 1.

This. Foles is only a temporary fix. He was looked at as being a better alternative than Bray. Not as a long term fix. 

We don't have a QB to build around for the future. If Pace doesn't draft a QB in the 1st round then he should be fired by midnight.  

9 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Remember Foles can opt out of his deal, so if he does go off and feels he has a decent market he may opt out to get bigger money. So Foles may force Chicago's hand. I'd love to have him mentor a young guy but he can possibly play himself out of that possibility. 

I'm not paying Foles starter money, especially not multi-year with guarantees. Period. 

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Why would we want Pace to draft another QB high?

We are likely picking later in round 1 so we probably need to trade up to do it.

Both of those things make me want to puke.

What's the Canadian word for dramamine then?

If Nagy and Pace are both still in charge next year, I think it's a lot more likely than not that they make a big QB move. I'd be a lot happier taking a roll of the dice on a 1-2rd QB than I would trading for next years Nick Foles. Even if Foles does well this year, they are still staring at the strength of the team being an aging defense, so they better take another swing at getting a QB who can hold his own and be around for years.