So it begins, do the Bears draft a 1st round QB in 2021?

dafreak

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

With you here. I would be happy with either a) giving up the farm for Lawrence b)staying put unless it's a small move up to get their guy in the teens

The team is just too good to suck enough to get great 

I would wait and see what happens in the 10-14 range.

If someone falls or the run starts really early, then I would be prepared to flip a future pick to get up and secure the guy.

Waiting and hoping one falls is not something I am interested in.

12 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Assuming the Bears make the playoffs and then get euthanized in said playoffs, and lets say Pace really likes Lance,  how would you feel about giving our 2021 1st, 2022 st and say a 4th rounded to move up?

I'll say the exact thing I said about the Mitch Trubisky trade up, despite me wanting Mahomes (one of my best "I was right" picks)

I have -zero- problems with a GM going up and getting a QB who he thinks is the QB of the future..... but you CAN'T BE WRONG.

The problems are:

1. I'm EXTREMELY skeptical on Lance right now.  Aside from his lower tier of competition, and how much he was protected from having to actually throw the ball..... He's a running QB in the vein of Cam Newton and Lamar Jackson....and we have zero offensive line or running game to support his running. He will literally be throwing the ball AT LEAST TWICE AS MUCH PER GAME on our team, as he did in college.

2. I'm EXTREMELY skeptical of Pace's ability to evaluate QBs in general after having conviction on literally the only guy of the top 3 that year who sucked... and reports that he never even interviewed Watson.

Working in Lance's favor, however, is one of the big arguments I had for Mahomes in that draft class.... You need ELITE talent at QB to be in contention for a Superbowl every year, and anyone without a high ceiling is a wasted pick.

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Assuming the Bears make the playoffs and then get euthanized in said playoffs, and lets say Pace really likes Lance,  how would you feel about giving our 2021 1st, 2022 st and say a 4th rounded to move up?

Sure. We need to add a talented QB.

If he is wrong he should be fired the second it is obvious.

11 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I second that

If he is here, which he will be, you have to let him be the GM of the team.

Do I want Pace anywhere near the drafting of the new QB, hell no, he is a raging QB incompetent.

But if he is here you have to let him get the guy he and Nagy want.

I also think we have to approach the QB situation based on how Foles plays.

If Foles continues to be warm garbage then I think the Bears need to lock into a QB high so they have a real option that can play in 2021.

Warm Garbage Foles and a 3rd round developmental QB is not going to work.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I also think we have to approach the QB situation based on how Foles plays.

If Foles continues to be warm garbage then I think the Bears need to lock into a QB high so they have a real option that can play in 2021.

Warm Garbage Foles and a 3rd round developmental QB is not going to work.

What about warm garbage Foles and a late 1st developmental pick?

Jordan Love went 26th overall to the Packer last draft.  Lamar went 32nd to the Ravens a couple years back. Drew Lock went in the 2nd in 2019...

Point is Bears don't need to give up the farm to get a decent developmental guy they like at QB in the late 1st or even 2nd round.

The way this season is going Bears wont have any chance at a guy like Lawrence or even Fields so no point in talking about it because it won't happen.

Edited by topwop1

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

If he is here, which he will be, you have to let him be the GM of the team.

Do I want Pace anywhere near the drafting of the new QB, hell no, he is a raging QB incompetent.

But if he is here you have to let him get the guy he and Nagy want.

How about they just take the highest rated one that falls to them instead of this trading up nonsense.  Pace got hosed trading up one spot for Mitch and we're talking about letting him trade up even more this time around for a QB that is just as unproven and inexperienced as Mitch was when he came out.

Edited by topwop1

12 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

How about they just take the highest rated one that falls to them instead of this trading up nonsense.  Pace got hosed trading up one spot for Mitch and we're talking about letting him trade up even more this time around for a QB that is just as unproven and inexperienced as Mitch was when he came out.

Agreed. Take BP(QB)A. If I'm Ted Phillips or whoever is above Pace, I fire Pace if tries to move any more first rounders. 

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

What about warm garbage Foles and a late 1st developmental pick?

Jordan Love went 26th overall to the Packer last draft.  Lamar went 32nd to the Ravens a couple years back. Drew Lock went in the 2nd in 2019...

Point is Bears don't need to give up the farm to get a decent developmental guy they like at QB in the late 1st or even 2nd round.

The way this season is going Bears wont have any chance at a guy like Lawrence or even Fields so no point in talking about it because it won't happen.

Ideally you can wait.

But you shouldn't box yourself in if you think a guy is good and can go get him.

All that matters is being right. There is no such thing as value when it comes to QB you are either right and what you paid does not matter or you are wrong and you destroyed your chance.

1 hour ago, malak1 said:

Agreed. Take BP(QB)A. If I'm Ted Phillips or whoever is above Pace, I fire Pace if tries to move any more first rounders. 

You either fire him or let him do the job.

You cannot put restrictions on him. What if the guy he wants to move up for is actually the guy?

23 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

No

If we have a new GM and HC I'd be more willing to, but I don't want Pace and Nagy trading future picks for anyone. I just don't trust them. 

Now if they use 2021 picks only then sure. But if they aren't guaranteed to be here in 2022 then I don't want them mortgaging those picks. 

6 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

If we have a new GM and HC I'd be more willing to, but I don't want Pace and Nagy trading future picks for anyone. I just don't trust them. 

Now if they use 2021 picks only then sure. But if they aren't guaranteed to be here in 2022 then I don't want them mortgaging those picks. 

If you do not trust them then they need to be fired.

If McCaskey keeps them that means he trusts them.