So it begins, do the Bears draft a 1st round QB in 2021?

dafreak

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

FWIW, the rumor is that Trubisky has requested a trade out of Chicago.

I hate that I'm thinking about this now... but... 49ers wouldn't be crazy. Their QB is banged up, and I've always thought Mitch could be OK in NE because they'd fit the system to his skills, but the 49ers kind of already fit him.  Still be stunned if for no other reason than the Foles' history with ouchies, and well, Tyler Bray. 

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Rumor or not they should try to deal Mitch for at least something if they know he's not their future and won;t be back next season.  At least recoup some asset.  Tho I doubt any team would give up anything for him at this point.

When Foles gets hurt week 13 and we make our playoff push with Big Play Bray...

5 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Rumor or not they should try to deal Mitch for at least something if they know he's not their future and won;t be back next season.  At least recoup some asset.  Tho I doubt any team would give up anything for him at this point.

Dallas might need a decent back up now. Mitch has similar mobility to Dak at least. 

But at what point is the risk of having to start Bray worth the 5th or 6th Tru warrants. 

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Dallas might need a decent back up now. Mitch has similar mobility to Dak at least. 

But at what point is the risk of having to start Bray worth the 5th or 6th Tru warrants. 

No team is going to trade for that salary. Unless, for some psychotic reason, some GM thinks Mitch is the real deal, and Chicago just done him wrong.

I'd imagine my odds of winning the lottery are higher than that.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Mitch HAS actually demanded a trade. QBs are almost as brain dead as WRs when it comes to accepting the realities of the league...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

No team is going to trade for that salary. Unless, for some psychotic reason, some GM thinks Mitch is the real deal, and Chicago just done him wrong.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Mitch HAS actually demanded a trade. QBs are almost as brain dead as WRs when it comes to accepting the realities of the league...

We're on the hook even if he gets traded to another team I believe. Essentially he would be a free reserve for 2020 for any team that takes him.

Edited by Sugashane

13 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I was thinking it would be a split, but I may be mistaken...

I know we gain practically nothing cap-wise from cutting him so I assumed we were stuck with his guarantees as well. 

Just tried the Spotrac Roster Manager tool though and traded for Bejour Wilson from AZ (just because he's super cheap) and it says we saved $4.5 mil. So I don't understand the breakdown but it seems you were correct. So until next time Doofenshmirtz, the baseball is on the other foot! - or... however that saying goes.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

To be fair, just about every single quarterback that comes out and sucks gets people clamoring for him on a trade around the league... 

I distinctly remember multiple people talking about kicking the tires on Rosen and even within the last few days Darnold....who like mitch, has shown flashes of talent, followed by the bad getting dismissed because of how inept the rest of his offense and coaching are. 

I wouldn't be shocked if at least one other team wasn't willing to kick the tires on Mitch... They'll just go into it knowing his limitations better than Pace apparently did. Personally I could still see mitch potentially being a top half of the league qb, but he's going to have to do it in a college style offense that dramatically limits his reads and makes liberal usage of his skills as a running threat. And there's just not a whole bunch of teams that fit that mold.