Steelers/Titans game Rescheduled to Week 7; Steelers/Ravens to Week 8

RaidersAreOne

13 hours ago, 43M said:

Ahh yes....wouldnt be you without trolling Steeler fans.    I would say the same about any player of any team.   

The NFL screwed the pooch here.   The guy just wanted to spend time with his kid on his birthday, which he likely hasnt got to do in years.    

Sad how some of you just wanna act like d bags for a player simply expressing disappointment and frustration over the situation.  

No one is saying people have to show him sympathy....but ridiculing a guy for wanting to spend time with his kid on his birthday?  

It’s not even just about him expressing disappointment. It’s the way he did it. “How’s this my problem” is crazy insensitive and idiotic. What if they play the Titans this week and a few more positive tests came in extremely late. What if he’s not able to see his son for his birthday because he’s exposed to the virus and has to be quarantined and sick?

This situation became his problem as soon as he decided to opt in for the season.

Also he planned a party during the bye week. Like I said earlier between Halloween parties and/or other festivities, these bye weeks are going to be when the exposures likely increase. What if he lucked out, what if at that party he planned his son might’ve also been exposed? You can’t pick the terms of when a pandemic becomes “your” problem.

Now if he had just came out on social media and said, “man, 2020 sucks. Really wanted to spend time with my son for his birthday this year. Parents that can, hug your kids. #grinding #dadlovesyou” or something like that. I would’ve been right there with him. It does suck and he’s not comparing his experiences to anyone else’s. But that’s not the case here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

It’s not even just about him expressing disappointment. It’s the way he did it. “How’s this my problem” is crazy insensitive and idiotic. What if they play the Titans this week and a few more positive tests came in extremely late. What if he’s not able to see his son for his birthday because he’s exposed to the virus and has to be quarantined and sick?

Agreed. 

"Happy birthday son! Here is some covid!!"

Not only that, but he was having a birthday PARTY which would have certainly put the rest of his teammates in jeopardy 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

I don't disagree, but I would say the reaction is on par with the complaint - minor at best. 

Sorry, I just find people reveling in the fact the NFL is even going this year complaining about a player complaining because they can't bring them back some sense of normalcy to be complete bullcrap. I really don't care how I come across. Really harkens back to the whole "shut up and play" mentality to me. Because otherwise, many people in this topic wouldn't have wanted a season in the first damn place.

21 hours ago, 43M said:

Ahh yes....wouldnt be you without trolling Steeler fans.    I would say the same about any player of any team.   

The NFL screwed the pooch here.   The guy just wanted to spend time with his kid on his birthday, which he likely hasnt got to do in years.    

Sad how some of you just wanna act like d bags for a player simply expressing disappointment and frustration over the situation.  

No one is saying people have to show him sympathy....but ridiculing a guy for wanting to spend time with his kid on his birthday?  

Nah, he should just shut up and play and entertain me. Think about ME and how I'M coping due to COVID! ME damnit!

8 hours ago, titans0021 said:

This is why they had to move the game. You just can’t guarantee opponent’s safety until you get at least three or four straight days of negative tests. It was never really about the Titans being short handed for a game. With the incubation period, you could play Tuesday and expose Steelers players that might not even test positive until Saturday/Sunday, and then the spiraling effect really begins.

I don't know... maybe it's just me but perhaps the season shouldn't have been played in the first place until our country/the NFL could've actually learned to somewhat control the virus the way other countries and/or league can/did. But hey... we've got football to return us to some sense of normalcy, right?

8 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'm missing my oldest kid's birthday party every single fall as a HS Football Coach with about a $3,000 annual stipend. Ebron can go cry me a river.

Crazy how your kid's birthday falls on a Friday every single time and you guys travel across the country... Stop with the false equivalency.

Edit: And looking at your post you CHOOSE to have those items occur on the weekend. You wouldn't be fired or not make a living by choosing to do those items on Mondays-Thursdays like most coaches would.

Edited by BlaqOptic

3 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

Really harkens back to the whole "shut up and play" mentality to me.

False equivocation

Don't complain about extremely minor inconveniences when there are so many people in the world struggling is what people are saying. 

They aren't saying 'dont advocate for societal changes' 

Huge difference 

You are biased and that's ok, but let's not pretend you aren't 

• Like 1