Steelers/Titans game Rescheduled to Week 7; Steelers/Ravens to Week 8

RaidersAreOne

23 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This is my take - I get he's upset, I'd be upset too. No need to take it to the Twitter, though. 

He'll have to rearrange birthday plans for his son, but let's be realistic - he's got the resources to make significant changes to his plans on the fly. 

Not directed at you, ET, but considering everything that is going on, I just think its silly to take issue with a kneejerk post from an athlete making a minor complaint.     
For the record, I absolutely HATE everything about social media and people posting every damn feeling and thought they have, but he made exactly ONE post about it, and it was very tame.   I could understand if he went on a long tirade or made tons of posts about it.    That isnt the case, though.

I dont feel bad for him either.   As stated, this stuff happens to everyone.....but this was never worth calling him out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 43M said:

Not directed at you, ET, but considering everything that is going on, I just think its silly to take issue with a kneejerk post from an athlete making a minor complaint.     

I don't disagree, but I would say the reaction is on par with the complaint - minor at best. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm missing my oldest kid's birthday party every single fall as a HS Football Coach with about a $3,000 annual stipend. Ebron can go cry me a river.

I’m grateful for my HS coaches but now that I have kids, there’s no way I would be one, especially if it’s not my primary source of income.

• Like 2

This is why they had to move the game. You just can’t guarantee opponent’s safety until you get at least three or four straight days of negative tests. It was never really about the Titans being short handed for a game. With the incubation period, you could play Tuesday and expose Steelers players that might not even test positive until Saturday/Sunday, and then the spiraling effect really begins.

1 minute ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I’m grateful for my HS coaches but now that I have kids, there’s no way I would be one, especially if it’s not my primary source of income.

Thankfully I'm still home for dinner M-Th and home after about 1:00 PM on Saturday and all day Sunday. Fridays are brutal, as is the Saturday morning film/JV Game turnaround. Fridays I get here at 7:00 AM and will leave somewhere after 10:00-11:00 PM

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

This is why they had to move the game. You just can’t guarantee opponent’s safety until you get at least three or four straight days of negative tests. It was never really about the Titans being short handed for a game. With the incubation period, you could play Tuesday and expose Steelers players that might not even test positive until Saturday/Sunday, and then the spiraling effect really begins.

This. If they played there’s a good chance a Steeler gets it any then infects the team on the ride back and then next Tuesday we are talking about a league wide outbreak 

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Ooof, this is really escalating. What can be done with Tenn/Buffalo? Do the Titans get two bye weeks?

Assuming the positive tests stop rolling in at some point soon (tomorrow or Sunday), you probably just reopen the building Wednesday and we play Buffalo short handed minus a day of practice. If this keeps going into next week, who knows?  Maybe make the Inevitable Week 18 official?

14 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

Ah... totally missed that they had the same bye week. In that case, you don’t have to delay the season unless there is another breakout. Usually it is very difficult reshuffling bye weeks because multiple teams are impacted. 

I remember the Ravens getting screwed the years they played Pitt in the AFC Championship or something, because there was a postponed game and Baltimore had to take their bye in week 2 or something ridiculous.

Yup. Hurricane Ike hit Houston and shifted the schedule.

Hurricane Ike forced several changes to the 2008 schedule. The Houston Texans’ Week 2 home game against the Baltimore Ravens was first postponed to Monday, September 15, before Ike made landfall; damage to Reliant Stadium forced a further postponement, to Week 10, on Sunday, November 9, giving the Texans and the Ravens their bye weeks in Week 2. Furthermore, to accommodate this move, the Texans’ home game against the Cincinnati Bengals was moved forward from November 9 to Sunday, October 26, pushing the Bengals’ bye week from Week 8 to Week 10.[29]

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Assuming the positive tests stop rolling in at some point soon (tomorrow or Sunday), you probably just reopen the building Wednesday and we play Buffalo short handed minus a day of practice. If this keeps going into next week, who knows?  Maybe make the Inevitable Week 18 official?

I think the big discussion then is who’s game gets moved there? Steelers who had to accommodate no notice or Bills who had time to adjust for it?