Steelers/Titans game Rescheduled to Week 7; Steelers/Ravens to Week 8

RaidersAreOne

38 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

I work at a middle school where we just went back in person this past Monday. Over 500 kids plus 100+ staff in one building. Time will tell if we have outbreaks but so far the kids are doing a good job keeping their masks on and social distancing.

To expect 100+ well paid professionals to do the same is not too big of an ask imo.

On the other hand, I live in Wisconsin, where nearly every school district has had to go virtual because of outbreaks and the entire state is a hot zone. It has nothing to do with only 100 professionals. They have significant others, children, parents.

Any of them can bring it into the home and once it’s brought into the facility, the locker room, the team plane and the field, there’s a good chance it will spread regardless of precautions.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Lol the Claypool tweet is kinda funny tbh but Ebron just sounds like a spoiled brat 

Why is he spoiled for wanting to not miss his kid's birthday? If he plays long enough he may end up missing the majority of his kid's birthdays as a child. Having the luck to get a bye week during one was probably really special to him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

I'd guess the NFL moved forward based on 2 factors.

1) Money. Each NFL broadcast is worth about $35 Million in ad revenue
2) uncertainty over false positives. They don't want to cancel, only to find out it was a testing issue vs actual infections

Isn't there reports that the first positive test was a coach who didn't travel?

1 hour ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Lol the Claypool tweet is kinda funny tbh but Ebron just sounds like a spoiled brat 

I get why Ebron is annoyed though.  He had a week planned to be off, knew advance, and planned to do something.  Due to something outside his control he's now unable to do said plan.

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I get why Ebron is annoyed though.  He had a week planned to be off, knew advance, and planned to do something.  Due to something outside his control he's now unable to do said plan.

Yup, I'd be annoyed too.  I would choose not to whine about it on social media, but I guess that's just me.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I mean every player and coach knew this season was going to be strange and things were going to be fluid from week to week. If Ebron has such a problem, he should’ve opted the hell out then.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, titanrick said:

Yup, I'd be annoyed too.  I would choose not to whine about it on social media, but I guess that's just me.

You arent his shoes, though.

Its easy to say that as a fan, but as a father who misses a lot of time with hus kids due to the demands of the NFL....its probably beyond aggravating, especially if he promised his kid they'd spend that time together.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

everyone is annoyed tho.  The shutdown cancelled many spring break vacations, summer vacations and other vacations as well.  Millions celebrated their birthdays alone or virtually.  Everyone has had to sacrifice.  It's OK to be frustrated, but some just don't like seeing it publicly.  I feel for him missing his kid's birthday tho

Forfeiting games is not the way to go though.  Playoff spots shouldn't be determined with forfeits figuring in the mix.  Conversely, teams that suck shouldn't be rewarded with better draft spots by forfeiting either.  Imagine the furor if washington and the NY Giants were tied for the Lawrence lottery ticket, when all of a sudden one had to forfeit due to COVID tests, and thus got to draft Lawrence.  I could see teams doing it intentionally.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Don't have kids do you? This is likely something he was looking forward to that he's now been screwed out of. I would be pissed.

Sure but we are literally living in the middle of a pandemic where people couldn’t have funerals for people who died. The only reason he was able to do this was blind luck that the bye week fell on his kids birthday, now the luck shifted. In both cases it wasn’t in his control 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Isn't there reports that the first positive test was a coach who didn't travel?

But as Ben already mentioned, they were made aware that something like this could happen. Yeah it sucks for Enron but the NFL could have stopped the season completely and he would have plenty of time to spend with his kid without getting paid.

1 hour ago, BlaqOptic said:

Don't have kids do you? This is likely something he was looking forward to that he's now been screwed out of. I would be pissed.

I have a kid. Sucks but it should be expected. Going on social media to complain earns zero sympathies from me. 

• Like 2