The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

2 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Was always obvious that it was Brady. I didn't know why people fought it back then, and I don't know why they still do now.

One year bro, with no QB in FA or the Draft. Give Bill three seasons, he has to rebuild. It’s not the same as a player. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

One year bro, with no QB in FA or the Draft. Give Bill three seasons, he has to rebuild. It’s not the same as a player. 

Bill's a very good coach. But he has over 100 games without Brady and has a losing record. He was 5-11 and then 0-2 and about to lose his job before Brady changed everything. He's also the GM of the Pats and responsible for the trash roster they have, because he flopped on numerous 1st and 2nd round picks, and neglected the offense knowing that Tom is the ultimate cure-all.

But it's not even about Brady vs Bill really. My issue is more with those who just can't acknowledge the obvious. That the Player is always more important than the Coach, or more specifically, that the Quarterback is always more important than the Coach. And that Tom Brady is the Greatest QB to ever play. But there will always be a new caveat brought up when it comes to Tom Brady. The Buccaneers were awful and couldn't make the playoffs for a longer time than everyone not named the Browns. All of a sudden, of course they are in the Playoffs and it's not impressive at all apparently because it should be a given. I agree it should be a given, but only because their QB is now Brady.

Bucs make the playoffs at the first time of asking. Patriots miss the playoffs at the first time of asking. I don't really have time for any excuses, after hearing forever that Brady is a product of a system and any bum could do the same thing. Well, they had a League MVP,  Super Bowl playing, number 1 draft pick. There was a system after all. It was the sysTOM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t have any doubt Bill and the Pats will be back in the playoffs. When will that be? I don’t know. Especially now that the Bills look like SB contenders for years to come and the Dolphins are already playoff caliber and will only get better if they hit on their excess draft picks.

Will BB win a SB without Tom? I don’t know. If I had to put money on it, I would say no. To me, this year only helps Brady’s case on his OWN legacy. Disregard Bill. People always claimed he was a system QB. That is debunked. Despite the Bucs talent...43 yo and a brand new system and staff in COVID and leading the Bucs to their first playoff appearance in almost 15 years. This year proves that Brady was able to mask the offensive talent deficiencies and also mask the overrated Josh McDaniels who has proven he has done nothing without Brady.

This year doesn’t hurt Bill’s legacy but it for sure hurts the idea that you plug in a HS JV QB under center in NE and they would win and play well in his “ magical system” that Brady haters would argue for years.

1 hour ago, RUGmen said:

I don’t have any doubt Bill and the Pats will be back in the playoffs. When will that be? I don’t know. Especially now that the Bills look like SB contenders for years to come and the Dolphins are already playoff caliber and will only get better if they hit on their excess draft picks.

Will BB win a SB without Tom? I don’t know. If I had to put money on it, I would say no. To me, this year only helps Brady’s case on his OWN legacy. Disregard Bill. People always claimed he was a system QB. That is debunked. Despite the Bucs talent...43 yo and a brand new system and staff in COVID and leading the Bucs to their first playoff appearance in almost 15 years. This year proves that Brady was able to mask the offensive talent deficiencies and also mask the overrated Josh McDaniels who has proven he has done nothing without Brady.

This year doesn’t hurt Bill’s legacy but it for sure hurts the idea that you plug in a HS JV QB under center in NE and they would win and play well in his “ magical system” that Brady haters would argue for years.

Indeed. The ultimate irony being that Peyton Manning was actually the one who had to bring his system to Denver because he couldn't run Kubiak's boot action stuff. Meanwhile TB12 is tops in the league in 20+ yard completions.

But that's just something I mention for a bit of banter. In reality it's no indictment at all on Peyton, I would never expect nor want him to run a rollout offense. Just find it funny when you consider the system QB narrative launched against Brady for two decades.

58 minutes ago, rich homie said:

More so than Bill or Brady I would say Josh McDaniels is the guy who comes out looking the worst in all of this. The Adam Gase vibes from him are off the charts for me.

I bet Indy is happy they got Reich instead now.

• Like 1

Trying to win with a washed up Cam who IMO has never shown interest in being a better pocket QB with a bunch of stars opting out was a tough deal.

That being said, you are what your record says:

•  60-72 without Brady
  • 219-64 with Brady

I still consider Belichick the GoaT coach but Brady is the Michael Jordan equivalent of football.

7 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

I bet Indy is happy they got Reich instead now.

Reich has 1 whole playoff win over BOB. Lets give him some time before crowning his butt.

His current QBs are a mess in Brissett and a 39 year old complete loser with a chance to get swept by Jacksonville.

His 2020 team is only on life support because of a pair of miracle end of game turnovers vs the 4-11 Texans.

Coach Reich's claim to fame is being part of 2 SB champs. How many rings does McDaniels have?

BTW, I love Reich for what he did in Philly, but I need to see much more in Indy.

Just now, SkippyX said:

Reich has 1 whole playoff win over BOB. Lets give him some time before crowning his butt.

His current QBs are a mess in Brissett and a 39 year old complete loser with a chance to get swept by Jacksonville.

His 2020 team is only on life support because of a pair of miracle end of game turnovers vs the 4-11 Texans.

Coach Reich's claim to fame is being part of 2 SB champs. How many rings does McDaniels have?

BTW, I love Reich for what he did in Philly, but I need to see much more in Indy.

Colts aren't great, but they're pretty good. They had convincing wins over Tennessee and Green Bay this year. I think they're a little better than you're giving them credit for.

1 minute ago, Nzd07 said:

Colts aren't great, but they're pretty good. They had convincing wins over Tennessee and Green Bay this year. I think they're a little better than you're giving them credit for.

They are not yet set up for current or long term success.

The credit they get is 27-20 and 1(BOB)-1

Going into 2021 and forward, which AFC South QB room will have the worst players in it?

I love Leonard when he is on the field and Nelson is a beast. TY Hilton is a baller (who always goes turbo on the Texans)

I'm not sure there is that much more to them yet.

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

He probably can. Just not with Cam and a bad roster. Give him time and he'll probably show it

*he probably can. Just not with a team in cap hell that had the most Covid opt outs that had to let a lot of talent go that had been picking at the end of drafts for years right away without a rebuild after selling out for rings. 

Brady got to pick the perfect situation. Bill had to deal with the fallout of a dynasty