Week 5: VIKINGS (1-3) at Seahawks (4-0)

swede700

1 minute ago, Viking Penguin said:

Zimmer needs to go but the loss was a blessing. Getting back to .500 would only mask the issues of this team and yet again miss out on an elite QB. 

Atlanta is going to put up 25-30+ pts on us next week so unless Cook is healthy, Cousins might have to sling it around a bit. The Falcons will be hungry with an interim coach. 50/50 game next week. We would do best losing that game too. 

After this weeks loss I don't think we win more than 3 games. Maybe 4 games depending on Detroit. The Bears games will be unwatchable, that defense is going to eat Kirk alive. 

Also a blessing for the draft is being without fans for this year. We need to play rookies here on out. See who we got for the future and hopefully snag a top 3 draft pick.

I dunno about all that. If we could hold Russell Wilson down until the end, I like our chances against Atlanta’s offense.

Just now, Viking Penguin said:

Zimmer needs to go but the loss was a blessing. Getting back to .500 would only mask the issues of this team and yet again miss out on an elite QB. 

Atlanta is going to put up 25-30+ pts on us next week so unless Cook is healthy, Cousins might have to sling it around a bit. The Falcons will be hungry with an interim coach. 50/50 game next week. We would do best losing that game too. 

After this weeks loss I don't think we win more than 3 games. Maybe 4 games depending on Detroit. The Bears games will be unwatchable, that defense is going to eat Kirk alive. 

Also a blessing for the draft is being without fans for this year. We need to play rookies here on out. See who we got for the future and hopefully snag a top 3 draft pick.

I still don't see why a last second loss to an undefeated team means we'll get a top 3 pick

1 minute ago, Illadelegend215 said:

I dunno about all that. If we could hold Russell Wilson down until the end, I like our chances against Atlanta’s offense.

To be fair Seattle wasn't at their best it seemed, at least in the 1st half. It really felt like Russell was toying around.  Also we had Cook healthy and played good run D for awhile. Our issue is downfield and Matty Ice isnt afraid to throw it around.

3 minutes ago, Illadelegend215 said:

For example, he is playing all the rookie corners because it’s literally all he has to play lol. Regardless, we could have won this game, I can’t quite put my finger on what stopped us. 

Dantzler started week 1 when everyone was healthy but yeah I guess the only other option would have been Boyd

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

This game Zimmer probably went for the win more than any other game of his career and everyone is calling for his head because they were half a yard short on 4th down

yeah...4th downs aren't gonna work all the time. They were 2/3 on 4th down conversions for the entire game, that's pretty decent. The first two 4th down conversions helped in sustaining the drives and resulted in TD, FG...this one failed. People always used to complain last few seasons about Zimmer being conservative and now it's the opposite. I am fine with this approach, hope he doesn't change this new approach just because of that failed conversion in the end.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, upriser7 said:

yeah...4th downs aren't gonna work all the time. They were 2/3 on 4th down conversions for the entire game, that's pretty decent. The first two 4th down conversions helped in sustaining the drives and resulted in TD, FG...this one failed. People always used to complain last few seasons about Zimmer being conservative and now it's the opposite. I am fine with this approach, hope he doesn't change this new approach just because of that failed conversion in the end.

I just wonder why they ran to the right side.