2021 NFL Draft Thread

1 minute ago, LoganF89 said:

That’s exactly what I want us to do, a 3rd on Mond?

go into to camp with Allen, Heinicke, and Mond and let the best man win.

I would think Heinicke, Allen, Mond would be the order but you never know. Mond could pull a Russel Wilson and show out

that allows us to take the best WR, LT, MLB, FS, CB in the 1st and 2nd

Right I actually just think that allows us to go BPA and I think in the 3rd or 4th maybe even Mond will be there and I just think unless a Lance falls then you can do this and really build and try to key in on YOUR guy if Mond doesn’t pull a Dak or Russell. I like Mond a lot and he has a lot of the traits that made me love the other two coming out and ideally I hope that’s what we do.

I think Mond is going to be a heck of a player in the NFL his best days are ahead of him. He really took to Jimbo Fischer’s offense and I just see a smart guy that works hard didn’t have a ton of weapons and I think he has every tool the top guys have he just needed more time as he blossoms into the player he can be. Drafting for need or reaching for need isn’t smart. But if they love a guy then go get him. But I think there’s value in this class to where you have so many at the top that a few guys get overlooked and I think Mond will be that steal.

17 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Right I actually just think that allows us to go BPA and I think in the 3rd or 4th maybe even Mond will be there and I just think unless a Lance falls then you can do this and really build and try to key in on YOUR guy if Mond doesn’t pull a Dak or Russell. I like Mond a lot and he has a lot of the traits that made me love the other two coming out and ideally I hope that’s what we do.

I think Mond is going to be a heck of a player in the NFL his best days are ahead of him. He really took to Jimbo Fischer’s offense and I just see a smart guy that works hard didn’t have a ton of weapons and I think he has every tool the top guys have he just needed more time as he blossoms into the player he can be. Drafting for need or reaching for need isn’t smart. But if they love a guy then go get him. But I think there’s value in this class to where you have so many at the top that a few guys get overlooked and I think Mond will be that steal.

Couldn’t agree more! I’m hoping with the Season Devontae Smith has that he’s jumped Waddle and Chase, hopefully Waddle could possibly be there at 19. 

I just imagine Terry on one side with either Allen Robinson, Kenny Golladay, or Corey Davis on the other with Waddle in the slot and get goosebumps!

if Waddle isn’t there then I think my top targets would be gone leaving either Darrisaw or Zaven Collins. And if that’s the case I want Zaven Collins, just got a feeling he’s going to be a force!

Edited by LoganF89
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LoganF89 said:

Couldn’t agree more! I’m hoping with the Season Devontae Smith has that he’s jumped Waddle and Chase, hopefully Waddle could possibly be there at 19. 

I just imagine Terry on one side with either Allen Robinson, Kenny Golladay, or Corey Davis on the other with Waddle in the slot and get goosebumps!

if Waddle isn’t there then I think my top targets would be gone leaving either Darrisaw or Zaven Collins. And if that’s the case I want Zaven Collins, just got a feeling he’s going to be a force!

Collins is going to be a beast!! I do worry about his speed slightly so hopefully we get the combine and we can get these guys 3 cone drills and 10yrd splits and broad jumps just to really see where they are but I love Collins he’s going to be a Swiss Army knife in the league

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

See I’m totally on the opposite side of this. Every time I’ve watched Mond play he just hasn’t been that impressive at all. I think he ends up a career back up who’s out of the league in 5 years. I just don’t see it with him at all. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

See I’m totally on the opposite side of this. Every time I’ve watched Mond play he just hasn’t been that impressive at all. I think he ends up a career back up who’s out of the league in 5 years. I just don’t see it with him at all. 

Yeah but he’s playing into Fischer’s system and not playing in a system Taylor Ed to what he likes where his strengths are. He reminds me a lot of Herbert where you see the tools you see him calm and collected but you also see him running the system the way it’s being asked to be ran. Also he’s running it before Jimbo has had recruit class after recruit class I think he’s on a team that he carried and I think there’s a system in the NFL similar to ours where he would shine especially if we upgrade a few spots this offseason before his selection.

taylor Hienike showed that when the player fits into the system and knows the system they elevate the talent around them because they put the ball in spots the guys around them can make plays. I see Mond give his guys chances it’s not like they make world breaking plays for him. He can effectively run the gameplan and he has wheels. He has a heck of a arm and he’s clearly smart. The thing about the evaluation is he can bust just like most but when you think about the ceiling he has it’s very high. The talent is high and the mental seems to be there he’s a very calm guy. So yes while other guys on Uber talented rosters are shining and playing at their ceiling I think Mond has been closer to his floor due to the situation he was in much like I felt like with Herbert with the horrible job Oregon’s staff does to put their QB’s to highlight the strength’s in their game. But when I see this guy play I see a guy who’s just screaming to get on a roster and scheme that is going to be taylored to him. This guy can look every bit as effective as 4 did in this system with a more explosive Gibson and Terry and Thomas and some more weapons.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah, I’m with you on this. I’ve been scratching my head on this one too. Nothing I’m seeing from him is making me think this is a guy on the verge of breaking out. The accuracy looks to be a huge problem, he’s spraying balls all over the place. The high Haskins seems to be a favorite, but he’s missing every which way. 

If you’re gonna take a QB in the mid-rounds, I guess it might as well be one who has some physical tools that give him enough upside to be an NFL starter if it all clicks. But this guy feels a lot more like 5th than 3rd to me personally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I’m just going to throw it out there. I don’t see the point in a late round flier when we spent this entire season developing Montez in that role. If it’s not an early pick I simply have no interest in wasting it on a QB. 

I don’t know how much confidence they have in Montez when they went out and signed Heinicke. Signed a guy who wasn’t even in the league before using Montez, not a ringing endorsement. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He’s ok. Doubt he’ll ever be a starter.

Selecting a QB is a crapshoot, especially when you don’t have an early pick to select one of the more showcased QB’s. You look at who has talent and possibly be someone who you feel can run your offense you take a shot, never know. QB depth is needed in today’s game. Not saying this guy from Kent St. should be our pick. 

Just now, ARTMONK HOF said:

Selecting a QB is a crapshoot, especially when you don’t have an early pick to select one of the more showcased QB’s. You look at who has talent and possibly be someone who you feel can run your offense you take a shot, never know. QB depth is needed in today’s game. Not saying this guy from Kent St. should be our pick. 

Understood. My dad went to Kent State, same time period as Jack Lambert & Nick Saban coincidentally. I also have a friend from my parents hometown in Ohio who was a good QB for them like 25 years ago. I’ve seen Crum play. He’s ok, but I wasn’t overly impressed. I think he’ll be lucky to get drafted TBH.

17 hours ago, e16bball said:

Yeah, I’m with you on this. I’ve been scratching my head on this one too. Nothing I’m seeing from him is making me think this is a guy on the verge of breaking out. The accuracy looks to be a huge problem, he’s spraying balls all over the place. The high Haskins seems to be a favorite, but he’s missing every which way. 

If you’re gonna take a QB in the mid-rounds, I guess it might as well be one who has some physical tools that give him enough upside to be an NFL starter if it all clicks. But this guy feels a lot more like 5th than 3rd to me personally.

It’s about the tools for me. Also if you really watch him as the season goes along he progresses. And he’s not just dropping back looking to bail. He does have slight inconsistencies with his feet but I see him put the ball in hands and guys drop them. I see a lot of pressure quick in his face as well. He is a mid round guy but he has the tools that most the top scouts are raving over for others. For me selecting him is more of a feeling thing. Nobody thought Russell or Dak would be what they did but I had a feeling about them I’m just going with that. Trust me my feelings aren’t always right lol. I just see a guy being asked to do things that weren’t even in the best intrest of the skill sets of the players on that team. I know Fisher is like Gruden where it’s your going to learn and run my scheme and that’s it. Mond has the tools. I see a very smart player who needs to work on a few things mechanically. I expect a professional staff to be able to fix his few flaws and really build around his strengths. 
to me you have guys like Trask and Jones and those guys are what they are. The top guys are the top guys but how much better are they getting without the roster improving. Here’s a guy we could put on a team that has some juice and allow him to compete with Allen and Heinike and see what you have while you used this offseason to really build up a roster to compete and maybe you struck gold. It’s a gamble but gambling on developing a guy with tools on a talented team seems like the best system to me instead of the sure fire talent who needs the roster built over years while they constantly get beat up and really start picking up bad habits mechanically because their constantly running or getting bad reps because they are getting beat up.

12 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I don’t know how much confidence they have in Montez when they went out and signed Heinicke. Signed a guy who wasn’t even in the league before using Montez, not a ringing endorsement. 

I actually agree with this. I think they will draft a QB in the in the first two days but I won't fault them if they were willing to roll the dice with that they had and build the overall team. More playmakes on offense to help balance the team. Defense is pretty set minus a few players here and there. Add another TE and at least two more WRs. And of course get another RB. 

All this won't happen in the draft. Some intriguing names in FA as well and of course if they fill some of that before the draft it will change things a lot.

• Like 1

Dude I just can’t get over how the ball explodes so effortlessly out of Mond’s hand. He can put the ball anywhere on the football field. He slides within the pocket he can run I will eat everything when he becomes a JAG but idky but there is something special about the guy he just needs to go to the right staff I actually love him in Turners offense. Man we loved what Taylor did against Tampa this guy has it.