2021 NFL Draft Thread

10 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Honestly I have no problem getting a guy their comfortable with. But I think when this guy gets in camp and competes he’s going to be the next Dak, Russ. Those guys weren’t expected to win their jobs. But I think this guy on our team could win the job. He’s a gamer. Def raw. But man people will eat me up for saying this but I like him here more then I’d like Zach Wilson so take it for what that is but the value of Monds KC where he will more then likely go I believe the risk is about equal with their games but throws and mistakes I see Zach make throughout the game Mond doesn’t and he’s got more zip. He needs to dial some passes back but the thing is when I look at this class he’s the guy I have that feeling about. 

when I say all this like I just think he has that natural reflex when things break down that lead to amazing things more often then not. When those moments show up for Zach I’m constantly like NOOOO!!! I think Mond is the gem of this class

I trust your judgement. So I'll research this guy more. I did the same when @lavar703clued me into Josh Allen and I became one of his biggest supporters coming out. So hopefully Mond does the same thing.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

I trust your judgement. So I'll research this guy more. I did the same when @lavar703clued me into Josh Allen and I became one of his biggest supporters coming out. So hopefully Mond does the same thing.

2018 Clemson tape man you get to see some Russ magic as far as escapability and accuracy from various running positions and just turnbody throws rolling left. His placement over backers and infront of the defenders on the outs are spot on. His backpedal draws on screens how long he holds to draw the guys to him before he screens to the back opens things up theres a lot. This years UNC matchup he has moments where things go cold but he can make any throw from any angle I’ve come away impressed. That’s just two I’ve broken down about 11 games in the last week I’d say he’s got more wow to him then Zach Wilson I think athletically you see him do things Zach can’t Monds throwing motion I think detracts a lot of guys but he threads it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

2018 Clemson tape man you get to see some Russ magic as far as escapability and accuracy from various running positions and just turnbody throws rolling left. His placement over backers and infront of the defenders on the outs are spot on. His backpedal draws on screens how long he holds to draw the guys to him before he screens to the back opens things up theres a lot. This years UNC matchup he has moments where things go cold but he can make any throw from any angle I’ve come away impressed. That’s just two I’ve broken down about 11 games in the last week I’d say he’s got more wow to him then Zach Wilson I think athletically you see him do things Zach can’t Monds throwing motion I think detracts a lot of guys but he threads it

I’m assuming LSU was one of them? Everybody has a bad day, but holy smokes.

Also, do you have a secret cut-up source? I’ve been trying to watch more Mond, but I’m not finding a ton of full games on the YouTube machine. Definitely not 11. I hope you’re not hoarding the good stuff, we’re family here, we all eat or nobody eats! 😂

• Like 2

I don't know much about Mond but I won't be surprised if he ends up doing very well. There is also that surprise player who most didn't see coming. It is just down to situation. If the WFT aren't high on the projected top QBs, then use those picks to continue to load up the offensive weapons and grab someone like Mond in the later rounds and have a QB competition at camp. There was already going to be one anyways... so just add to it. Set them up to succeed and see who grabs it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

I’m assuming LSU was one of them? Everybody has a bad day, but holy smokes.

Also, do you have a secret cut-up source? I’ve been trying to watch more Mond, but I’m not finding a ton of full games on the YouTube machine. Definitely not 11. I hope you’re not hoarding the good stuff, we’re family here, we all eat or nobody eats! 😂

I luckily have  roommate who is in love with sports like me so Comcast you can go back and rewatch games they keep 80 and cycle out those 80 so you essentially have 3 weeks to scout a week. Plus the matchups your really stoked about you record if there’s a bunch of guys and then you can record the playback if you see things in the playback you want to come back too on notes. But I do use YouTube and  we have the ACC big 10 12 Sec networks which play back matchups all the time it’s pretty much a problem at this point. 😂😂😂 or a problem solved.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I luckily have  roommate who is in love with sports like me so Comcast you can go back and rewatch games they keep 80 and cycle out those 80 so you essentially have 3 weeks to scout a week. Plus the matchups your really stoked about you record if there’s a bunch of guys and then you can record the playback if you see things in the playback you want to come back too on notes. But I do use YouTube and  we have the ACC big 10 12 Sec networks which play back matchups all the time it’s pretty much a problem at this point. 😂😂😂 or a problem solved.

Sounds like a problem solved to this guy. 

If they had an All-22 for college games like they have on NFL Game Pass, they could charge me any price for it and I would pay it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Sounds like a problem solved to this guy. 

If they had an All-22 for college games like they have on NFL Game Pass, they could charge me any price for it and I would pay it. 

Oh heck yes!!! Wonna start a Channel? Lol I love breaking down college me and my bud are about to try a podcast and stream for the breakdowns and see what happens. But me and him have said that because it would be amazing to have better access to all the games college has. As you said that access id have to pay whatever it would simplify things so much

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That sucks, really doesn’t make sense to me. Fields is leaving which means he probably won’t have as good a year next year.

Don’t know why he would go back but I don’t believe he’ll suffer with bad QB play. Ohio St. has CJ Stroud 4 star recruit who looks really good. 

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Don’t know why he would go back but I don’t believe he’ll suffer with bad QB play. Ohio St. has CJ Stroud 4 star recruit who looks really good. 

Hope that Stroud plays great, but it’s a risk. My only guess is that he’s not getting a first round grade in his evaluation so he’s going back.

CB makes sense especially if Darby is gone but not sure Shaun Wade is worth it will his poor play this season, and Moreland is a good slot anyway potentially and Wade is not great as a boundary from what he showed this year.

WR makes sense also but I assume they absolutely sign Cam Sims who is a steal, still have Kelvin Harmon and Gandy-Golden who are talented young players even Robert Foster if they bring him back.  Cam should return though I would assume and Logan Thomas's development at TE helps.  If they do go WR Elijah Moore would make sense or Rondale Moore potentially.  

How about LB, Zaven Collins could be there and would provide some toughness and size at the position along with the speedy guys they already have.  

I thought maybe safety but with Landon Collins returning and Curl maybe not, but Jevon Holland could make sense if they got safety.