TNF: Bucs at Bears

Malfatron

winner  

38 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ok - I am going to defend 1st qrt Foles for a second. And I want to point out that as a back up you dont get a whole lot of practice time with the #1's. So I think a lot of this is chemistry.

1. Foles through to an open area and Allen turned around, started back pedaling and caught the ball at his shoe laces. Could have easily caught it if he just sits in the hole. 

2. Foles throws almost the exact same ball again, Allen turns around and starts back pedaling again (instead of slowing and high pointing) and ends up popping it up for an INT. 

3. It was 3rd and 3, Allen runs a quick out at *1* yard with no coverage in the flat. Foles throws a floater that was probably 5/6 yards deep to a spot where there was no one. 

4. Allen runs an in route. There is a wide open spot to sit down and get a first. Foles throws it to that spot. Allen runs into the LB instead. 

5. Post Corner - WR runs it deep, Foles throws it wide where the safety would have no shot to get there. 

Again, I am not saying Foles is blame free. Im just saying you can see his thought process. I dont think those are all bad throws, I think its bad communication between QB/WR.  

I doubt we ever get an answer to 5 but its always blame the QB there. I have no problem with the criticism on that throw.

The miss in the flat on 3 looked awful and I would again blame the QB first.

Any other complaints about his game today are just morons who don't understand QB play in the NFL.

Besides those 2 bad throws he was 15-19 151 with a TD, another TD throw (terrible Graham footwork), and a pick that was all on the WR.

1 and 2 were very similar to a pair of excellent throws in the Super Bowl to Jeffrey (he caught the one in space and his arm was held and he popped up a pick to Harmon)

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1