Jump to content
turtle28

Week 5: Rams vs Football Team

Recommended Posts

Kind of shocked @MikeT14, @mike23md, @naptownskinsfanor @Thaiphoon haven’t done a GDT yet, so I’ll get er’ done!

Where: The Big Post Office

When: 1:00 pm

Who: Rams vs Football Team


The LA Rams and our former offensive coordinator Sean McVay travel across country to face the hopeless Football Team. Obviously a controversial week in Washington and not bc of just what’s and what’s not going on downtown, but bc of what’s going on in Ashburn.

We've beat the dead horse enough on Haskins vs Allen, it’s Allen’s turn now and I think all of us wish him well whether we supported the move to bench Haskins and go with Allen or not.

I expect our offense to run smoother because like Colt McCoy w/ Gruden, Allen is an extension of Scott Turner and he knows the playbook and what the coaches want far more than Haskins who didn’t have a real offseason and was obviously still learning the playbook. 
 

I don’t really expect much of a difference out of that. I don’t know that Allen is capable of leading a team that’s not good in most areas to a lot of wins - same with Haskins. So, I expect much of the same.

One thing that could remain the same as last week is targeting the running backs. In Allen's 13 starts for the Panthers in 2019, he targeted McCaffrey 110 times. That comes out to an average of 8.5 targets per game - for a running back. So, expect Gibson & McKissic - two converted college WRs - to have a lot of targets again just like last week.

Our defense will struggle  - unless our DL dominates a solid Rams OL. I expect Goff, Cupp, Everett, Higbee, Woods and Reynolds to tear our coverage apart. I wouldn’t be shocked if Goff didn’t go for 300 yards and 2 or 3 TDS mainly bc I don’t think our safeties can hang.

My prediction:

Rams: 27

Football Team: 13

Kyle Allen: 55%, 230 yds, 1 TD, 3 ints and a fumble.

Next weeks starter Alex Smith?? Could be...

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both Roullier and Schweitzer are questionable. From what I can tell, if they can’t go, that would leave us with Martin at LG, Ismael at C, and Joshua Garnett at RG. 

If that happens, we could be in store for something really special with Aaron Donald matched up against those guys. We genuinely might see Logan Thomas at QB before it’s all said and done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

On defenses will struggle  - unless our DL dominates against shaky Rams OL. 

Y'all have a great DL, so it should be a fun matchup. But I must note that our OL isn't shaky this year. It's a legitimately good unit again. Good luck today. Here's hoping there are no major injuries.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, e16bball said:

Both Roullier and Schweitzer are questionable. From what I can tell, if they can’t go, that would leave us with Martin at LG, Ismael at C, and Joshua Garnett at RG. 

If that happens, we could be in store for something really special with Aaron Donald matched up against those guys. We genuinely might see Logan Thomas at QB before it’s all said and done.

real and true GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Y'all have a great DL, so it should be a fun matchup. But I must note that our OL isn't shaky this year. It's a legitimately good unit again. Good luck today. Here's hoping there are no major injuries.

Oh ok, I guess that was last year bc of injuries.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question, is Terry a little bow legged? Look at his right leg, it’s not straight when he’s running. Not that it matters, jw if anyone knew that fo sho.

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Y'all have a great DL, so it should be a fun matchup. But I must note that our OL isn't shaky this year. It's a legitimately good unit again. Good luck today. Here's hoping there are no major injuries.

I edited that part.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

 

That’s great news! I was wondering if Saadiq Charles might start if Wes couldn’t play, but we'd probably go with Ismael.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Y'all have a great DL, so it should be a fun matchup. But I must note that our OL isn't shaky this year. It's a legitimately good unit again. Good luck today. Here's hoping there are no major injuries.

Y’all do look very well playing with purpose good luck I think you guys should win but hopefully we will play it tough. Good luck

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Kind of shocked @MikeT14, @mike23md, @naptownskinsfanor @Thaiphoon haven’t done a GDT yet, so I’ll get er’ done!

Where: The Big Post Office

When: 1:00 pm

Who: Rams vs Football Team


The LA Rams and our former offensive coordinator Sean McVay travel across country to face the hopeless Football Team. Obviously a controversial week in Washington and not bc of just what’s and what’s not going on downtown, but bc of what’s going on in Ashburn.

We've beat the dead horse enough on Haskins vs Allen, it’s Allen’s turn now and I think all of us wish him well whether we supported the move to bench Haskins and go with Allen or not.

I expect our offense to run smoother because like Colt McCoy w/ Gruden, Allen is an extension of Scott Turner and he knows the playbook and what the coaches want far more than Haskins who didn’t have a real offseason and was obviously still learning the playbook. 
 

I don’t really expect much of a difference out of that. I don’t know that Allen is capable of leading a team that’s not good in most areas to a lot of wins - same with Haskins. So, I expect much of the same.

One thing that could remain the same as last week is targeting the running backs. In Allen's 13 starts for the Panthers in 2019, he targeted McCaffrey 110 times. That comes out to an average of 8.5 targets per game - for a running back. So, expect Gibson & McKissic - two converted college WRs - to have a lot of targets again just like last week.

Our defense will struggle  - unless our DL dominates a solid Rams OL. I expect Goff, Cupp, Everett, Higbee, Woods and Reynolds to tear our coverage apart. I wouldn’t be shocked if Goff didn’t go for 300 yards and 2 or 3 TDS mainly bc I don’t think our safeties can hang.

My prediction:

Rams: 27

Football Team: 13

Kyle Allen: 55%, 230 yds, 1 TD, 3 ints and a fumble.

Next weeks starter Alex Smith?? Could be...

I have the same score Rams win 27-13. I wanted to go with the Rams scoring 30pts because in every noon kickoff game the Rams have played under McVay they have scored at least 30pts and is (5-1). I do have some respect for Washington defensive front seven so that’s why I’m saying Rams score 27pts. 
 

Good luck today and especially the rest of the season because I don’t want those Cowboys to win the NFC East. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I have the same score Rams win 27-13. I wanted to go with the Rams scoring 30pts because in every noon kickoff game the Rams have played under McVay they have scored at least 30pts and is (5-1). I do have some respect for Washington defensive front seven so that’s why I’m saying Rams score 27pts. 
 

Good luck today and especially the rest of the season because I don’t want those Cowboys to win the NFC East. 

You too buddy and great minds think a like!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...