NFC WEST WATCH

MDY10

Dolphins beat the Cards I didn’t see that coming. Everything this week happened great for the Rams. Seahawks, Cards, Bears, and Niners all loss. Now only if the Saints could lose tonight which I think will happen. The Bucs will avenge their Week 1 loss.

Next week is going to be big for the Rams. At home against the Seahawks for a big step in the division. Cards got the Bills next week so that could be a loss. If the Rams win in which right now they are 2pt favorites they will be tied for 1st place in the division with the tiebreaker going to them head to head over the Seahawks. 

7 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Dolphins beat the Cards I didn’t see that coming. Everything this week happened great for the Rams. Seahawks, Cards, Bears, and Niners all loss. Now only if the Saints could lose tonight which I think will happen. The Bucs will avenge their Week 1 loss.

Next week is going to be big for the Rams. At home against the Seahawks for a big step in the division. Cards got the Bills next week so that could be a loss. If the Rams win in which right now they are 2pt favorites they will be tied for 1st place in the division with the tiebreaker going to them head to head over the Seahawks. 

Every game is huge right now considering how close the race just got. Can’t afford to drop any winnable games now. The bills beating the cards next week would be HUGE if we can stop the hawks. Things are going to go down to the wire and I can’t wait 

aside from the Tampa trip.. we aren’t traveling much at all the rest of the way. I hope it makes a difference 

Edited by MDY10

3 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Good day today for the Rams. we’re still in it. Gotta capitalize on the Seahawks next week 

The simple truth is that we have four games left against the Seahawks and Cardinals. If we take care of business, we make the playoffs.

• Like 1

I’m curious, who did you guys have winning the division going into the season? Who do you have now? 
before the season I was thinking:

1.Seahawks 

2. 49ers

3. Rams

4. Cardinals

And now:

1. Seahawks (I think they squeeze out one more win than the rams)

2. Rams

3. Cardinals 

4. 49ers

23 hours ago, MDY10 said:

I’m curious, who did you guys have winning the division going into the season? Who do you have now? 

I made a few different prediction in a few places, but I know the one thing that was always the same and will be for me; The Seahawks are the Division favorite until Russel Wilson proves otherwise. Plenty of things go up and down in this division, but Russ is constantly a Top 5 QB in this league, and until that changes, no one else should be the Favorite to start the season.

I think I went; 1. Seahawks 2. Rams 3. Niners 4. Cardinals for most of my predictions, may have emotionally hedged the Niners ahead of us a few times, but it was always SEA 1st and ARZ last.

And honestly, I still feel that way about these teams when they are at full strength. Wilson is the best QB with average everything else around him. The Rams have the best defense with an electric yet learning playcaller, Niners have the best offensive mind in the division but have skimped on the defensive side, and I still dont trust Kyler even though he's exciting while their coach will always hold them back.

But when all is said and done I think its going to come down to 1 win difference, or even as close as the tie breakers on who wins the NFC West. Honestly I think there is a chance that every NFC playoff team (other than the East "winner") will have double digit wins, but I think we can pull this out. Arizona has a real rough stretch coming up (that actually started with their first Seattle game) and I think it will take a toll on them. The Seahawks defense is an even bigger issue than first thought, they are getting Adams back but Dunlap isnt actually going to help them. And I think we do 2 things well, protect home turf, and bring our best for divisional games, and that is most of our schedule left. I think the Rams and Seahawks both end up at 11-5, but we dominate the divisional record and sweep them H2H.

I say we are the 2 seed, catching GB with tiebreakers, and we end up facing the Bears who make win a few more ugly than expected (winning tiebreakers of their own over the Cardinals)

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I made a few different prediction in a few places, but I know the one thing that was always the same and will be for me; The Seahawks are the Division favorite until Russel Wilson proves otherwise. Plenty of things go up and down in this division, but Russ is constantly a Top 5 QB in this league, and until that changes, no one else should be the Favorite to start the season.

I think I went; 1. Seahawks 2. Rams 3. Niners 4. Cardinals for most of my predictions, may have emotionally hedged the Niners ahead of us a few times, but it was always SEA 1st and ARZ last.

And honestly, I still feel that way about these teams when they are at full strength. Wilson is the best QB with average everything else around him. The Rams have the best defense with an electric yet learning playcaller, Niners have the best offensive mind in the division but have skimped on the defensive side, and I still dont trust Kyler even though he's exciting while their coach will always hold them back.

But when all is said and done I think its going to come down to 1 win difference, or even as close as the tie breakers on who wins the NFC West. Honestly I think there is a chance that every NFC playoff team (other than the East "winner") will have double digit wins, but I think we can pull this out. Arizona has a real rough stretch coming up (that actually started with their first Seattle game) and I think it will take a toll on them. The Seahawks defense is an even bigger issue than first thought, they are getting Adams back but Dunlap isnt actually going to help them. And I think we do 2 things well, protect home turf, and bring our best for divisional games, and that is most of our schedule left. I think the Rams and Seahawks both end up at 11-5, but we dominate the divisional record and sweep them H2H.

I say we are the 2 seed, catching GB with tiebreakers, and we end up facing the Bears who make win a few more ugly than expected (winning tiebreakers of their own over the Cardinals)

I’m just about in the same boat. I had them in the same order before the season. At full strength, I think I’d probably keep the hawks at one and then niners rams cards still. I don’t think the niners took a step back or anything on defense but I do think they’re obviously missing half a team on both sides. The niners at full strength are a close 1b to Seattle in my opinion. I think the one thing holding them back is Jimmy G. That said, the cards are a better team than they have been the last few years, but I still don’t think they were a Hopkins away from being better than the rams.. not when the margine of victory has been so large against them. I could however be underestimating them. As of right now I definitely think finishing 2nd in the division is the most likely, but I won’t be shocked if we steal it from Seattle. Going on a nice little streak out of the bye week can really do wonders for us in this race. 

The 2 seed would be awesome, it’s not a situation that I can feel TOO confident about but can see it if some things go our way and we play consistent. If I’m being honest I don’t see this being the year we get back to the Super bowl, but can see us winning in the first round for sure. 

12 hours ago, MDY10 said:

I don’t think the niners took a step back or anything on defense but I do think they’re obviously missing half a team on both sides.

This is where we disagree. I think the Buckner trade was bad for them, he is a huge difference maker and their front 7 just inst the same without him. 

I liked Kinlaw as a prospect, but he isnt the same as DBuck, especially not right now for a team in the Super Bowl window

5 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

This is where we disagree. I think the Buckner trade was bad for them, he is a huge difference maker and their front 7 just inst the same without him. 

I liked Kinlaw as a prospect, but he isnt the same as DBuck, especially not right now for a team in the Super Bowl window

I agree that losing Buckner was a huge loss. The thing that I look at though is that they have a ton of depth there with pretty decent players in Kinlaw who's just a rookie and going to get better, Soloman Thomas, Armstead does play on the inside on passing downs so I dont know If that counts.i believe DJ Jones is currently there. Again, Buckner is clearly better to have, but the drop off could have been much worse. These players are also helped by playing along with Bosa, Ford, and Armstead. Then right behind them they have arguably the best backer in the league.. top 3 at worst in Fred Warner. They traded away Kwon Alexander  but he was never healthy anyway, and that leaves them with Greenlaw who filled in nicely. The secondary Is where I think they are weakest, especially at safety. I dont mind their corners. Sherman who is hurt but was playing at a high level still (we will see after a long time off and he isn't getting younger), Moseley and Witherspoon are players I like, and their 4th string is Verrett who killed us. Not a fan of any of their safeties though. 

So I think fully healthy, they are a top 5.. top 10 at worst. If they would have taken a step back from top 3 I dont think it would have been enough to say they aren't a factor imo. We will never know what they'd have been this year though because just about all players I mentioned are hurt lol Even the backups they tried to get got hurt with guys like Ansah. We will know next year, as I expect more of an offensive offseason for them than anything else. 

Seems like thats the one thing we disagree on though. I think its crazy how well built this division is. The one thing no one talks about is how its going to be like this for a while. Next years race imo will be even tighter. However I think the Rams having the second youngest roster in the league is going to be the biggest factor. Seems like even in the Fisher days we've had the youngest teams but they were never this disciplined and eager to win. I finally think we have that young team that will grow together, which is huge considering we cant spend tons of money. 

9 hours ago, MDY10 said:

I agree that losing Buckner was a huge loss. The thing that I look at though is that they have a ton of depth there with pretty decent players in Kinlaw who's just a rookie and going to get better, Soloman Thomas, Armstead does play on the inside on passing downs so I dont know If that counts.i believe DJ Jones is currently there. Again, Buckner is clearly better to have, but the drop off could have been much worse. These players are also helped by playing along with Bosa, Ford, and Armstead. Then right behind them they have arguably the best backer in the league.. top 3 at worst in Fred Warner. They traded away Kwon Alexander  but he was never healthy anyway, and that leaves them with Greenlaw who filled in nicely. The secondary Is where I think they are weakest, especially at safety. I dont mind their corners. Sherman who is hurt but was playing at a high level still (we will see after a long time off and he isn't getting younger), Moseley and Witherspoon are players I like, and their 4th string is Verrett who killed us. Not a fan of any of their safeties though. 

So I think fully healthy, they are a top 5.. top 10 at worst. If they would have taken a step back from top 3 I dont think it would have been enough to say they aren't a factor imo. We will never know what they'd have been this year though because just about all players I mentioned are hurt lol Even the backups they tried to get got hurt with guys like Ansah. We will know next year, as I expect more of an offensive offseason for them than anything else. 

Seems like thats the one thing we disagree on though. I think its crazy how well built this division is. The one thing no one talks about is how its going to be like this for a while. Next years race imo will be even tighter. However I think the Rams having the second youngest roster in the league is going to be the biggest factor. Seems like even in the Fisher days we've had the youngest teams but they were never this disciplined and eager to win. I finally think we have that young team that will grow together, which is huge considering we cant spend tons of money. 

Verrett isn't a fourth string player. He's always injured, but the MO on him has always been that he's stellar when at 100%.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Verrett isn't a fourth string player. He's always injured, but the MO on him has always been that he's stellar when at 100%.

Agreed, I’m a big fan of his. I was stunned when my friends who are niners fans were telling me during the game against the rams that he’s a fourth stringer. Apparently he was given a few chances and got shredded and was eventually down to 4th on the chart. Broke out during the rams and seems to have that mojo back. 

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We're still tied for first. We have two games against AZ. It'll work itself out.

And Seattle plays Arizona on Thursday. If the hawks win that and the rams can win next week the rams take first place. Big game vs Tampa 

Edited by MDY10
  • Like 3