Texans Head Coach Search

amazingandre

On 1/6/2021 at 7:11 PM, tab said:

I’m hearing from Texans journalists that McDaniels is like close to 0% of happening here

Circling back on this - I have more faith in Enron telling the truth over the Houston Texans.

I have 0% faith that the Texans will stay true to whatever they've told to anyone. They told their best/most important/highest paid employee he'd be involved in the GM/HC process, and promptly did not take his feedback, and did not tell him before Twitter broke the news.

This is the guy you're paying $40mm/yr, and the guy you're banking your entire future around - and they flat out lied to him. So, I am sure they have no compunction on keeping everyone in the dark.

33 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

I'm frustrated he rejected us, but in a way, I'm glad that Cal is already seeing the repercussions of hiring Easterby's buddy. 

They're just going to sell this as an opportunity to bring on the holy trio of McDaniels/Gase/Patricia...

Cal is really selling the 2-8 record in one score games as something that can be "flipped". He did reference the poor tackling and how anyone and everyone is going back to basics on that.

Caserio said - and I quote - "I'm not a big BBQ guy."

I hate him now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LORK88 said:

I'm frustrated he rejected us, but in a way, I'm glad that Cal is already seeing the repercussions of hiring Easterby's buddy. 

you know he was watching that game vs the Titans and was like "theres no fixing that"

46 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

None of them left a franchise in shambles like BOB did. 

That's more of a reflection of his GM abilities - I won't argue he's the worst GM in football history, worse than Matt Millen or Al David.

I'm also thinking that Dabo Swinney is now a significant possibility. It would placate Watson and keep Easterby's circle somewhat intact. Dabo is probably due an exit from Clemson given how his OSU gambit failed spectacularly - so it checks off every major box in regards to our current conundrum.

I wouldn't be a huge fan of it, but if you managed to bring in the right coordinators - Kelly (ugh) as Assistant OC/Passing Game coordinator, Dante Scarneccia (yay) as Assistant OC/OL coach/Run Game coordinator and Wade Phillips as DC (because Wade could get this unit going again) then... Well... I've heard worse ideas.

This might be the only way to get this off season back on track. But, it's a huge gamble on a guy like Dabo - one that I wouldn't make it things went according to the original plans.