Valkyrie Mafia: D8 Ends Saturday at 10 PM EST

The Orca

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@squire12 gave me the best advice and gentle chastisement I’ve ever received, and it’s personally helped me exponentially. Knowing someone is scum isn’t enough. You have to convince others to go with you/why they’re scum. When you berate those you need to sway and demonstratively call people scum who are Town, you lose your credibility and ability to sway others. 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

SwAg’s not playing well still puts him above almost everyone else here IMO.

Oh boy. 

12 minutes ago, SwAg said:

If you think I actually care what you rate my performance, then I don’t know what to tell you. I already said I did not play well.  I am taking exception to the fact that the valid criticism that could be made is not, instead I am given some made-up warped view.

There is no valid criticism you are making. You are spreading lies to throw shade at pickle and my awards 

I have criticized Pickles moves though I understand it, his being incorrect on you though i showed how its 100% a valid read, and how his reasoning of Forge not being the vig had presentation flaws. This does not take away his reads on the setup, the characters, why forge was scum way before anyone else and how he finally got others to come around cause I'm betting no one knew who Forge claimed other than Pickle at first

Either way you look at it. You and Blue were hands down LVP. Everyone else had their flaws, some more than others....except Dome

Edited by The Orca

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

There is no valid criticism you are making. You are spreading lies to throw shade at pickle and my awards 

I have criticized Pickles moves though I understand it, his being incorrect on you though i showed how its 100% a valid read, and how his reasoinig of Forge not being the vig had presentation flaws. This does not take away his reads on the setup, the characters, why forge was scum way before anyone else and how he finally got others to come around cause I'm betting no one knew who Forge claimed other than Pickle at first

Either way you look at it. You and Blue were hands down LVP. Everyone else had their flaws, some more than others....except Dome

You’re delusional

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@squire12 gave me the best advice and gentle chastisement I’ve ever received, and it’s personally helped me exponentially. Knowing someone is scum isn’t enough. You have to convince others to go with you/why they’re scum. When you berate those you need to sway and demonstratively call people scum who are Town, you lose your credibility and ability to sway others. 

This is a road we have been down before.  Being right on a read is just the beginning.  How that message and case is presented, what information is used and the tone of the messaging is so important.  Players can disagree with it all they want, but I think everyone has some level of bias in who they will believe is presenting the case and who the case is on ....and whether they will vote that player.  Some have stated their preferences for not voting some early, others probably have kept those to themselves.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I thought Swag had hinted at being a protector variant early on .  Brought that up when he was getting votes.  The concept of his fake claim was to draw a hit.  It also brought forward the town protector which is a gamble in the process.   That is something that the real protector needs to consider when piecing things together.  

maybe, but I did not. I saw it as survival only. If he wants to draw a hit he can make it pretty clear from the beginning. He did not. And when pickle claimed he continued it for like 3 days trying to get pickle lynched...which he knew pickle was town and the protector

• Like 1

The setup prediction was wrong.

Rick was wrong about almost every single person he claimed was scum.

He didn’t stop to even entertain anything beyond what fit his predetermined conclusion.

You don’t even need to believe me.  Literally everyone present who is not a blood relative of him has said the same.  And, it is all in the thread!

He shined in the end when it was a “claim your character, vote out outlier” simulation.  So, nice.

I didn’t think it would take near-genius IQs to be able to understand bias and say “Rick made the thread volatile,” but apparently that’s a bridge too far for you.  Makes everything else you seem super valid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Orca said:

maybe, but I did not. I saw it as survival only. If he wants to draw a hit he can make it pretty clear from the beginning. He did not. And when pickle claimed he continued it for like 3 days trying to get pickle lynched...which he knew pickle was town and the protector

lmao, I literally claimed protector on Day 1.

Just now, squire12 said:

This is a road we have been down before.  Being right on a read is just the beginning.  How that message and case is presented, what information is used and the tone of the messaging is so important.  Players can disagree with it all they want, but I think everyone has some level of bias in who they will believe is presenting the case and who the case is on ....and whether they will vote that player.  Some have stated their preferences for not voting some early, others probably have kept those to themselves.  

Absolutely true all around. I still feel “justified” in my decision not to vote for 4-5 people early in games, simply because the cost/benefit of losing Town Squire/SwAg/Malf/Touch/Dome is far too high should I be wrong. I’m willing to gamble with other things (Like when I erroneously killed Malf last game), and I’ll vote for anyone, just not generally “any time” if it’s early.

I have also advocated for inactive players as the vote for quite some time.

4 minutes ago, The Orca said:

“I am going to protect List of People”

What else do you want me to say to be clear in that claim?

Edited by SwAg
Accidentally activated forum coding

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Don’t worry, you’re still in the Mafia Mount Rushmore Matt! :)

Not really why I made the comment, but thanks. I was trying to make a "gentle dig" at swag being better than everyone as he is king of beratement as well as taking no responsibility when he is wrong. Plus he has personally tried to get me lynched when we were both town because I goofed with host. 

Just screwing around with him. Gotta keep up appearances. 

• Like 1