Current corner rankings

Rodjahs12

18 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

I was going to say I don't know where Kyle Fuller would rank since I don't pay attention to other teams CBs much but he is have an out standing season so far, and @Blackstar12 quote helps his case. Hopefully he can keep it up through out the rest of the season.

Both Fullers have been really good so far this year. Kyle also has the benefit of an insanely good rookie corner playing opposite him.

Where is Jamel Dean? Rogers passer rating throwing to him is 10.1. He was also a candidate for DROY. Bucs are third in EPA against when throwing. [pff beginning now...] He now has an overall PFF grade of 90.5, which ranks second among all NFL cornerbacks. His coverage grade (90.7) is tops at the position.

Edited by Hunter2_1

On 10/21/2020 at 2:49 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Where is Jamel Dean? Rogers passer rating throwing to him is 10.1. He was also a candidate for DROY. Bucs are third in EPA against when throwing. [pff beginning now...] He now has an overall PFF grade of 90.5, which ranks second among all NFL cornerbacks. His coverage grade (90.7) is tops at the position.

Really liked all the bucs corners, but was hard to fit all three into that list. Looking at it now it almost seems outdated already. Tough position to keep up to date. 

4 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Really liked all the bucs corners, but was hard to fit all three into that list. Looking at it now it almost seems outdated already. Tough position to keep up to date. 

at the same time its also dumb to keep judging cornerback ranking on a weekly basis. split the season in two and go from there

I know I am biased but Marlon Humphrey is incredible.. He may not be #1 in all of these fancy analytic stats but just watch a Ravens game, the guy is all over the field effecting the game in different ways. He is also the best player I have seen forcing fumbles since Peanut Tillman.. He is a absolute pleasure to watch every Sunday.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2020 at 4:56 PM, Rodjahs12 said:

This is always a hotly debated topic and opinions are constantly shifting based on up to date play but just wanted to get some rankings from others as I see more fans of other teams have Jaire in their top 3s as well as a few other names I haven’t seen on these lists in the past 

1. Stephon Gilmore- still got him at the top until I see any clear regression from where he was before the season 

2.Jaire Alexander-erasing the other teams #1 on a weekly basis right now best corner we’ve had since Woodson and it’s not even close 

3.Tre’Davious White- Hasn’t had the splash plays that got him way up here earlier in his career this season but still can’t push the guy down too far. 

4.Marlon Humphrey-Arguably the most well rounded corner in football. Recent payday already paying dividends. 

5.Jalen Ramsey- Not a fan of the guy personally and he gets beat deep a bit more than a guy being paid the way he is should, but still elite on his day and someone you can’t really have out of the top 7 or so without looking a little crazy. 

6.Kyle Fuller-Extremely well rounded like Humphrey and consistent in his play. Johnson across from him as the 2 has been benefitted him greatly already and has a good chance at having his best season as a pro.

7.Casey Heyward- Another guy who’s been good his entire career but a little under appreciated much like Fuller. Getting older at 31 and not off to the eye popping start he’s had in the past but still hard to push him way down at this stage.

8. Xavier Rhodes-Wouldn’t have found himself in the top 40 if this question was asked before the season, his resurgence has been nothing short of miraculous. I remain cautious to see if he can keep it up but he’s shown over his career at his best he’s top 10 probably top 5 worthy.

9.James Bradberry-On a bad Giants team Bradberry has been a bright spot. At the top of the league in pass breakups and tight coverages forced and it’s resulted in picks for him as well. 

10.Trayvon Mullen-The ten spot was tough to pick as there’s probably 15 different guys you could put here and make an argument for. I wanted to pick a younger player who hasn’t been given a lot of attention for his most recent play and Mullen fits the bill. A coverage grade hovering around 90, he’s getting the kind of results that push guys way up these lists. 

11. Sean Murphy Bunting

12.J.C. Jackson

13. Kendall Fuller

14.William Jackson 

15.Marshawn Lattimore  

16. Marcus Peters 

17.Rasul Douglas 

18.Desmond King 

19.Byron Jones 

20.Denzel Ward

21.Xavien Howard

22.Kevin King

23.Chris Harris Jr

24.Patrick Peterson

25.Carlton Davis

26.Nickell Robey Coleman

27.Adoree Jackson

28.Steve Nelson

29.Janoris Jenkins 

30.Sidney Jones 

Darius Slay not in your top 30? yikes 

On 10/14/2020 at 3:16 PM, Rodjahs12 said:

These threads are difficult because having a guy way high when it’s “too early” is frowned on more than leaving a household name way up there after it’s “too late” and his play declines. For this season Jaire has been better than anyone so while none of us packer fans would have said he’s top 5 before the year, he’s certainly cementing himself there right now with his play. Goona cost a fortune when that day comes too. 

https://section215.com/2020/10/08/philadelphia-eagles-darius-slay-pro/

5 hours ago, Letsch80 said:

I know I am biased but Marlon Humphrey is incredible.. He may not be #1 in all of these fancy analytic stats but just watch a Ravens game, the guy is all over the field effecting the game in different ways. He is also the best player I have seen forcing fumbles since Peanut Tillman.. He is a absolute pleasure to watch every Sunday.

I am not a Ravens fan and I find this to be true as well. Humphrey is an absolute joy to watch. Never gives up and always create something
J. Alexander is also having a pretty impressive season. 

Since Thielen got him week one, Alexander has given up 10 catches for 56 yards. Opposing teams have only targeted him 17 times in that stretch (~3 per game). He's also shut out Ridley, Evans and Fuller in three straight games when matched up on them.

Edited by beekay414