NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

West Virginia vs Baylor was posted for non Covid issues. I like Baylor a lot and would be my favorite to win it all, but they have postponed a lot of games against ranked teams and with this being a non Covid issue. Seems like they’re ducking(I know they’re not ducking just odd)

Edited by agarcia34

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

West Virginia vs Baylor was posted for non Covid issues. I like Baylor a lot and would be my favorite to win it all, but they have postponed a lot of games against ranked teams and with this being a non Covid issue. Seems like they’re ducking(I know they’re not ducking just odd)

They had COVID. They aren’t ducking anyone. They were the hottest team in the nation and destroyed #4 Texas on the road right before they shut down.

This cancellation was due to Big 12 not wanting WVU to have 4 games in 7 days. Baylor is not ducking anyone.

Random but it's scary that Gonzaga could be even better next year, and I think this current squad may be the best team since 2015 UK, of course hard to do any historical comparisons in a) this weird shortened season and b) w/ Gonzaga since they play such an easy conference schedule... but if we're just arguing talent, these Zags are up there. I'm sure I'll change my tune if they get dusted up by the 8/9 but I can't see that happening.

However, they have a better than not shot at landing Holmgren, who looks like a pretty special prospect and if he's who we think he is, would instantly be the best defender on the team, if not in the Few era. They lose Kispert, Suggs and his backup for sure, but if they could return everyone else (Timme would be an NBA pick but I think he'll probably return for potential POTY run), and land Holmgren that's another preseason #1 team with much higher defensive potential. Can't forget that 2020 class wasn't just Suggs, it was a stacked class, but we haven't seen a ton from Harris or Strawther yet since they're only 8th or 9th on this deep team. 2020-22 Zags might be in midst of a run reminiscent to that dominant 2016-18 Nova stretch. 

3 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

They had COVID. They aren’t ducking anyone. They were the hottest team in the nation and destroyed #4 Texas on the road right before they shut down.

This cancellation was due to Big 12 not wanting WVU to have 4 games in 7 days. Baylor is not ducking anyone.

Must have missed the part where I said I know they’re not ducking anyone.