Hunter2_1

Which division...  

27 members have voted

1. 1. will send 3 teams to playoffs out of these two

• AFC N
    • NFC W
    • Both
    • Neither

AFC North will if the Browns don’t stumble down the line. History says they probably will screw it up but I’m inclined to think Stefanski is actually a pretty decent coach. It’s their QB that’s the major question mark, Baker looks so unathletic on the field compared to  every young QB sans Dwayne Haskins and it makes the Browns tough to really get behind.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

Before the season started I was saying the NFCW but now Im saying the AFCN. 

The reason why is the AFC is weaker so 7 playoff spots I can see Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland all getting in. What hurts the NFCW is the Niners are so banged up that they are literally on life support with the plug half way in. If you barely bump the plug its over for the Niners. They have little to no room for error and they have a tough stretch coming up so honestly its going to take the greatest coaching job and the greatest grit of an defending NFC Champ to get through this and come out on the right side to make the playoffs. The Cards just lost Jones and thats HUGE. Thats to them the equivalent of the Niners losing Bosa. Jones means that much to the Cards defense especially when you have the Rams explosive offense and the Seahawks explosive offense still to play twice. Heck the Cowboys offense can still be explosive even with Dalton to a certain degree. Like the Cards are going to have to win shootouts and they can but you dont want to have to ask their young QB Murray to do that every week. Evenly it can catch up to them because they will have games like they did against the Panthers and we know the Panthers defense is so young and not recognized as good. Their offense without CMC shouldnt be looking that good either. Against the Cards the Panthers looked like a top 10 team. So Im worried about the Cards rest of season. 

NFCW hands down

In fact, if the 49ers didn't have those injuries I'd have all 4 NFCW teams in the playoffs as an open possibility

The Bears won't hold up, I think the Panthers will regress back to their mean as well. The Bucs/Saints are really the only other division I think have a strong likelihood of sending 2 in the NFC

For the 6th and 7th seed, Cleveland is competing against Las Vegas, New England, and Indy. They just beat Indy and they play the Raiders in a few weeks. Let’s say you’re 100% a believer the Patriots will make it.

Are you 100% sold the Raiders are better than Cleveland...?

AFCN.

It’s the second best division in football, filled with teams that are balanced offensively and defensively. Two of the teams have coaching staffs with extensive playoff histories. Cleveland’s run game makes them incredibly balanced and difficult to truly stop.

Then the part not enough people are considering. The NFCE is the worst division in football and the AFCN plays them, that provides a noted advantage to its teams in getting that 7th seed.

Lastly, the AFCN has “fairly” recently accomplished the feat in the 6 playoff seeds format; when the Ravens, Steelers, and Bengals all made it back in 2011. So add an extra playoff seed into the mix and along with this historical occurrence and I’d definitely give them the best chance (and a good chance at that) of making it happen. Whereas in recent history, the NFCW has not ushered 3 teams into the playoffs before. If I’m a betting man, I would be far more likely to place my bet on the AFCN and not simply because my team plays within that division.

• Like 1

The only thing I ask is that divisional winners lose seeding priority. The NFL and team owners put up with having at least one division winner start the playoffs on the road every year from 1933-89, it's about time it happens again. Without seeding priority, Dallas, the NFC East leader, would be the #7 seed in the NFC, while all the NFC teams that start the playoffs at home would come from the North and West.

Plus, of the 32 NFL teams, 11 did not have a home playoff game in the last five years. The 11 teams with the longest active home playoff game droughts are:

Detroit: 1993 season (in previous stadium)
Cleveland: 1994 season (in previous stadium, First Energy Stadium is oldest current NFL venue never to host an NFL postseason game)
Buffalo: 1996 season
NY Jets: 2002 season (in previous stadium)
Las Vegas: 2002 season (while still in Oakland)
Tampa Bay: 2007 season
Miami: 2008 season
Tennessee: 2008 season
LA Chargers: 2009 season (while still in San Diego)
NY Giants: 2011 season
Indianapolis: 2014 season

So chances are at least most of these owners are going to push towards the removal of seeding priority for division winners if it means hosting a playoff game sooner.

Furthermore, a division winner with 9 or fewer wins going on to win the Super Bowl would be a more believable Cinderella story if they never had a home playoff game along the way. The 2011 Giants, the only team with 9 or fewer wins to win the Super Bowl, got a home playoff game in the first round by virtue of being a division winner. If they didn't have seeding priority, they would have faced the Saints in the Superdome in the wild card round, and thus would have needed to face a real murderer's row to get to the Super Bowl, not only needing to win in New Orleans but likely also in Green Bay and San Francisco. As the home team against the Falcons, they were pretty even with the Falcons entering the game, the Falcons had only one more win than the Giants did in 2011.

Edited by pf9

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

For the 6th and 7th seed, Cleveland is competing against Las Vegas, New England, and Indy. They just beat Indy and they play the Raiders in a few weeks. Let’s say you’re 100% a believer the Patriots will make it.

Don’t sleep on Miami. Definitely a dark horse to go 9-7 if you look at their schedule, and that offense has been getting slept on all year. 

I mean they probably finish 7-9/8-8, but they are definitely in play. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

CLE are better, IMO. I think they're actually a top 10 team now. Running ALL over teams, great pass rushers, Baker not YOLOing to OBJ etc. Seem to have sorted it out and playing up to their roster talent finally