Week Six Post game: Packers wilt in Florida sun

mikebpackfan

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

My response was very calm and level for me. 

You know I have solid points there. 

Legitimate question #1: can you find another team with as much investment into defense over the past three years as the Packers?
Legitimate question #2: Can you find another team healthier on the defensive side of the ball than the Packers?
Legitimate question #3: Can you legitimately call King, Savage, Amos, Alexander, Sullivan, Gary, Smith, Smith, Clark a worse core group of defenders than any other team in the league?

No to question #3.  These are good players.  But like MLF said - practice like crap and you'll play like crap.  I wonder if during the bye the guys were too busy reading their press clippings instead of getting ready to play a tough opponent on the road?

Rodgers getting knocked loopy by Winfield is a weird narrative this forum has created that nobody else is running with or mentioned. It's weird, stop it. He had a bad game. 

Focused too much on getting DA back and things went south. Needs to get back to playing the system and we'll be fine. 

Coach needed to see he was wasting downs and yards trying to go wide when there was room to operate in the middle. 

Atrocious performance. **** happens we don't need to make excuses for them. Solid learning performance. Let's see if they adjust.

Just now, craig said:

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/packers-buccaneers-week-6-2020/2020/10/19/21522907/packers-week-6-snap-counts-what-to-make-of-the-mess-in-tampa

Gary played only 17 snaps, Garvin 16.  Wonder if Gary re-injured it, or else maybe got a new and different injury?  

I had read previously that he had a high ankle sprain.  Maybe he's just on limited snaps.

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Rodgers getting knocked loopy by Winfield is a weird narrative this forum has created that nobody else is running with or mentioned. It's weird, stop it. He had a bad game. 

Focused too much on getting DA back and things went south. Needs to get back to playing the system and we'll be fine. 

Coach needed to see he was wasting downs and yards trying to go wide when there was room to operate in the middle. 

Atrocious performance. **** happens we don't need to make excuses for them. Solid learning performance. Let's see if they adjust.

Ironically a co-worker said that they thought Rodgers might have been concussed on that play.  I guess his head hit the turf pretty hard.  

Wes Hodkiewicz -    Matt LaFleur said they plan to ask league office for clarification on why flag was picked up after touchdown was overturned and Aaron Rodgers was ruled to have "given himself up" at the 1-yard line. League expanded that rule two years ago but created some grey area there.

////

I guess its a "protect the QB thing" but I didnt think AR "gave himself up" and did anything different than any other player diving forward to cross the end line.

Edited by Leader

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Wes Hodkiewicz -    Matt LaFleur said they plan to ask league office for clarification on why flag was picked up after touchdown was overturned and Aaron Rodgers was ruled to have "given himself up" at the 1-yard line. League expanded that rule two years ago but created some grey area there.

////

I guess its a "protect the QB thing" but I didnt think AR "gave himself up" and different than any other player diving forward to cross the end line.

Was wondering about that too, Rodgers didn't go feet first, he seemed to dive into the endzone. I was fine with the flag getting picked up, he didn't hit AR in the head, it was a body shot, but since he was ruled to have given himself up seems like the flag should have stuck if thats the case. I guess its all a moot point since they scored the TD anyways the next play i believe.

8 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Was wondering about that too, Rodgers didn't go feet first, he seemed to dive into the endzone. I was fine with the flag getting picked up, he didn't hit AR in the head, it was a body shot, but since he was ruled to have given himself up seems like the flag should have stuck if thats the case. I guess its all a moot point since they scored the TD anyways the next play i believe.

Btw.....since we're talking about this touchdown. What was with that TD celebration?  What was he trying to do?

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Btw.....since we're talking about this touchdown. What was with that TD celebration?  What was he trying to do?

I think he was trying to do a skit from Key and Peele, but it just looked dumb. I thought he was trying to catch is breath or something. I understand he is having "fun" and all and found a new meaning of life or whatever the hell he talks about, but he needs to lay off this crap. The celebration, posing for the camera and all these smart remarks he keeps saying, thats not him, leaving that type of stuff to guys like Z, Jamal Williams, AJ, etc. I'm sure defenses are taking notes of all this and are going to be keying on him that much more. Got a feeling thats half the reason why Tampa's defense was talking sh*t to him almost every play and he let it get to him.