Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

Yeah because his OL is getting destroyed. He can't sit back and get through reads. If he doesn’t predetermine where the ball is going right now he's taking a sack because he has no time. When he had time in the 1st half he looked great.

It's not like he hasn't had this same issue all season. You can make whatever OL excuses you want but these issues have popped up all year.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, he's kinda like a modified Philip Rivers throwing the football. He has a good enough arm. He could be a nice project and, after the top 5-6 guys, it's anyone's guess.

Rivers mechanics what who I thought of too lol

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's not like he hasn't had this same issue all season. You can make whatever OL excuses you want but these issues have popped up all year.

Not saying he's a perfect prospect. That said, I think he easily can be late 1st round pick this year. Today his team was undoubtedly outmatched in the trenches, and he still found a way to make some excellent plays to put his team in a position to win in the biggest game of his career. Has all the tools you want to see and has shown the ability to effectively use those tools even if he needs to be more consistent. If a guy like Jordan Love is a 1st round pick,  I don't see how Ridder isn't worth the pick. Could really see him thriving in the New Orleans Saints system.

Edited by tyler735

Just now, tyler735 said:

Not saying he's a perfect prospect. That said, I think he easily can be late 1st round pick this year. Today his team was undoubtedly outmatched in the trenches, and he still found a way to make some excellent plays to put his team in a position to win in the biggest game of his career. Has all the tools you want to see and has shown the ability to effectively use those tools even if he needs to be more consistent. If a guy like Jordan Love is a 1st round pick,  I don't see how Ridder isn't worth the pick. Could really see him thriving in the New Orleans Saints system.

Jordan Love was a far superior prospect than Ridder is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Jordan Love was a far superior prospect than Ridder is.

Disagree. Both have great physical tools. Both were inconsistent. Difference being Ridder has been on an upwards trajectory this year. Love had a less than stellar final year with some significant turnover concerns.

Just now, tyler735 said:

Disagree. Both have great physical tools. Both were inconsistent. Difference being Ridder has been on an upwards trajectory this year. Love had a less than stellar final year with some significant turnover concerns.

Love's arm makes Ridder's look like a pea shooter. He processes way better and throws a much better deep ball than Ridder does. Love lost his entire offense and his coaching staff. He forced a **** ton because he was asked to do everything. Regardless, watch the tape and not the stats. It's never about the stats. Josh Allen had a BRUTAL final season but now the kid is an NFL MVP candidate. Trajectory means nothing. Ridder was surrounded with far more talent than Love as well. They're not even comparable as prospects TBQH. 

Ridder has tools but I haven't seen any NFL acuity in his processing or throws. I like Ridder but he's a project right now and a day 3 one at that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Love's arm makes Ridder's look like a pea shooter. He processes way better and throws a much better deep ball than Ridder does. Love lost his entire offense and his coaching staff. He forced a **** ton because he was asked to do everything. Regardless, watch the tape and not the stats. It's never about the stats. Josh Allen had a BRUTAL final season but now the kid is an NFL MVP candidate.

In terms of arm strength that is an exaggeration. Love may have a stronger arm, but hardly enough to really matter. Both have strong arms to make all the throws. Most scouting reports note Love has very questionable decision making, inconsistent reading the field, and accuracy is spotty. You seem awful quick to down play Ridder having to deal with some less than stellar circumstances and real quick to make excuses for Loves inconsistent play. I get it your a Packers fan, so I don't anticipate this to be an objective conversation. Regardless I've seen the tape on both, and view them as similar caliber prospects. High ceiling guys with their physical tools, but some inconsistencies not allowing them to get into that next level of top tier QB prospect coming out. Also Josh Allen is more the exception not the rule in that regard in terms of his accuracy concerns.

Trajectory means nothing. Ridder was surrounded with far more talent than Love as well. They're not even comparable as prospects TBQH. 

They are TBQH

Ridder has tools but I haven't seen any NFL acuity in his processing or throws. I like Ridder but he's a project right now and a day 3 one at that.

Literally in the 1st half today he made several excellent plays that would translate to the next level.

Edited by tyler735

7 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

In terms of arm strength that is an exaggeration. Love may have a stronger arm, but hardly enough to really matter. Both have strong arms to make all the throws. Most scouting reports note Love has very questionable decision making, inconsistent reading the field, and accuracy is spotty. You seem awful quick to down play Ridder having to deal with some less than stellar circumstances and real quick to make excuses for Loves inconsistent play. I get it your a Packers fan, so I don't anticipate these to be an objective conversation. Regardless I've seen the tape on both, and view them as similar caliber prospects. High ceiling guys with their physical tools, but some inconsistencies not allowing them to get into that next level of top tier QB prospect coming out. Also Josh Allen is more the exception not the rule in that regard in terms of his accuracy concerns

Might wanna go back to the pre-draft process and see I was a huge Love advocate and it has nothing to do with him being a Packer. I straight up spent months pounding the table for the Packers to draft him. So you can cut that **** right the **** out.

And most scouting reports put guys on equal playing fields as far as talent around them is concerned. Go back and watch his tape when he had consistency in his offense and at least some semblance of talent around him. He looked like a top 5 pick. You don't lose your coaching staff, taking a severe downgrade in that regard, your top 3 WRs, your top TE and your top 2 RBs at a school like Utah State were talent is sparse and expect a kid to look like a god. The same thing happened to Josh Allen at Wyoming. Context absolutely matters and people are way to lax into taking it into account in their evaluations.

7 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Literally in the 1st half today he made several excellent plays that would translate to the next level.

I watched the same game. We saw different things. I saw a lot of off schedule playmaking and not a lot of processing. We're simply not going to agree on this and it's probably best if we both move on. Fair?

Edited by beekay414

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Might wanna go back to the pre-draft process and see I was a huge Love advocate and it has nothing to do with him being a Packer. I straight up spent months pounding the table for the Packers to draft him. So you can cut that **** right the **** out.

And most scouting reports put guys on equal playing fields as far as talent around them is concerned. Go back and watch his tape when he had consistency in his offense and at least some semblance of talent around him. He looked like a top 5 pick. You don't lose your coaching staff, taking a severe downgrade in that regard, your top 3 WRs, your top TE and your top 2 RBs at a school like Utah State were talent is sparse and expect a kid to look like a god. The same thing happened to Josh Allen at Wyoming. Context absolutely matters and people are way to lax into taking it into account in their evaluations.

I watched the same game. We saw different things. I saw a lot of off schedule playmaking and not a lot of processing. We're simply not going to agree on this and it's probably best if we both move on. Fair?

Yeah we definitely aren't going to see eye to eye on this. Think both are fairly viewed as 1st-2nd round picks from most of the scouting reports I've seen on them

40 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

jack nicholson mantra GIF

Ridder likely goes End of R2 or in R3. And honestly R3 is probably likely. He isn’t the same prospect Love is. Love’s skillset alone is incredible... and then you have his 2018 College Season where he looked like an All Star. The final season he lost his OC, HC, and like 80% of his starters. His new HC just said make it work. Love was very deserving of a 1st Round Grade. Even more so than Josh Allen was (and that’s no slight on Josh Allen). I had Love as my 15th Overall Player, Ridder, while I haven’t done my Rankings yet, can’t imagine he’d be Top 50. 

Edited by BayRaider

Watching Mac Jones once again and I don’t see it. He’s finally facing pressure in this 2nd half by Notre Dame and he’s intentional grounding balls and has happy feet.

I will say I didn’t much pay attention to his athleticism before, but whoever stated earlier that Kyle Trask is faster than Mac Jones either needs to go back to the tape or have their eyes reevaluated. Trask looks like he’s running through quick sand, Jones at least looks like a capable human. I’d say Jones is probably a 4.9ish forty, while Trask looks like he’s only beating Orlando Brown Jr in a race. 😂

Trask I’d put at around a 5.1, maybe 5.2ish forty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

Watching Mac Jones once again and I don’t see it. He’s finally facing pressure in this 2nd half by Notre Dame and he’s intentional grounding balls and has happy feet.

I will say I didn’t much pay attention to his athleticism before, but whoever stated earlier that Kyle Trask is faster than Mac Jones either needs to go back to the tape or have their eyes reevaluated. Trask looks like he’s running through quick sand, Jones at least looks like a capable human. I’d say Jones is probably a 4.9ish forty, while Trask looks like he’s only beating Orlando Brown Jr in a race. 😂

Trask I’d put at around a 5.1, maybe 5.2ish forty.

I don’t understand some of the Late 1st Grades on Mac Jones. He is firmly a 3rd Rounder to me. 

• Like 2