Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Let him fall! Would absolutely love other GMs to overthinl Fields.

Fields with Belichek, WITH a redshirt year behind Cam would be about the best situation possible for Fields.  

However, this sounds a lot like someone trying to get Fields to fall to them.  He wouldn't have the near universal respect of his team mates if he didn't put in the work.

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Fields with Belichek, WITH a redshirt year behind Cam would be about the best situation possible for Fields.  

However, this sounds a lot like someone trying to get Fields to fall to them.  He wouldn't have the near universal respect of his team mates if he didn't put in the work.

Man I hope so! 

Ted Nguyen with a breakdown of Zach Wilson. He feels he is a top 10 pick but seemed to have come away disappointed with Wilson. There are some legitimate concerns and he feels that Wilson needs a year to sit in order to improve his technique and mental processing.

https://theathletic.com/2473447/2021/03/31/zach-wilson-film-analysis-the-byu-qb-has-plenty-of-strengths-but-is-he-a-day-1-starter-in-the-nfl/

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Exactly, totally his choice to do that. 

He works for the media. If he hears something that's juicy/will get publicity (and actually came from someone legit) he's going to do it everytime whether it's true in the end or not.

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He works for the media. If he hears something that's juicy/will get publicity (and actually came from someone legit) he's going to do it everytime whether it's true in the end or not.

Sure but it's a dangerous narrative to float out there anonymously when millions of dollars are on the line. Not just that, there's an element to it that we can't get into here but let's just say nobody is talking about Mac Jones's work ethic.

3 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Sure but it's a dangerous narrative to float out there anonymously when millions of dollars are on the line. Not just that, there's an element to it that we can't get into here but let's just say nobody is talking about Mac Jones's work ethic.

Yeah, but that's part of the pre-draft process unfortunately. Things get said from higher ups/legit people to the media and it gets out. It's the teams/scouts jobs to have their own evaluation/trust what they've learned imo.

For us it's just something else to talk about to pass the time. 

I'll never forget when Myles Jacks knee was a "ticking time bomb". That's probably an example of it actually screwing over a player. Shame teams didn't trust their eval/shut out the noise.

18 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't care that he's doing it . I'm just saying that he's the actual source of putting this out there into the mass market. We see this every year so nobody should be shocked. But like, when someone asks "where'd you hear he has bad worth ethic", Dan Orlovsky is the source of it lol.  That's all I meant. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, but that's part of the pre-draft process unfortunately. Things get said from higher ups/legit people to the media and it gets out. It's the teams/scouts jobs to have their own evaluation/trust what they've learned imo.

For us it's just something else to talk about to pass the time. 

I'll never forget when Myles Jacks knee was a "ticking time bomb". That's probably an example of it actually screwing over a player. Shame teams didn't trust their eval (because the guy has had zero issues).

Sure, it's easy for Orlovsky to put that stuff out there anonymously. But it's a toxic narrative to float for obvious reasons I won't go into. But he's got to back that stuff up especially when it comes to a dude who pleaded for the 2020 season to go ahead and played through some horrific injuries.