Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

I'm not gonna split hairs on 2 dudes with a dad bod's going into the draft process. If you wanna say Tom Brady was in slightly better shape heading into the draft, I'll let you take that "W" lol. I feel like the cigar should give Mac Jones some bonus points though.

Mac Jones probably has like 10% higher bodyfat than Tom Brady is in their respective picture. Yeah Tom Brady isn't muscular there, but he isn't super absurdly pudgey beer belly either.

And this is 2 decades later, the physical nature of the game is far far more evolved than it was back in 2000.

If Mac Jones isn't in better shape come pro day tomorrow that's a red flag in today's modern day NFL. It shows he doesn't have the commitment to conditioning that is expected of NFL players these days.

Just now, Danger said:

If Mac Jones isn't in better shape come pro day tomorrow that's a red flag in today's modern day NFL. It shows he doesn't have the commitment to conditioning that is expected of NFL players these days.

For futher clarification, it shows a lack of dedication and self accountability. Terrible work ethic.

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

Mac Jones probably has like 10% higher bodyfat than Tom Brady is in their respective picture. Yeah Tom Brady isn't muscular there, but he isn't super absurdly pudgey beer belly either.

And this is 2 decades later, the physical nature of the game is far far more evolved than it was back in 2000.

If a 43 year old statue Tom Brady can win a super bowl, a full fledged dad bod Roethlisberger can play well for so many years with his "physique", and a guy like Baker Mayfield can get picked #1 overall with some less than flattering pics of him out there...I'm not too concerned about Mac Jones dad bod as long as he can effectively throw the football, which I believe he can at the next level. He also already ran 4.79 40 time at his 1st pro day, which is fine athletically even if you account for pro day timing. None issue for me. There's been plenty of successful QB's with less than stellar physiques in the NFL. All that said, he looked more fit during his 1st pro day, but I could care less either way. As long as he doesn't go full on Jared Lorenzen then I'm not concerned.

He's drawn rave reviews from several people during the draft process in regards to his commitment to improve and study film, so I don't buy lack of accountability or work ethic.

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 1

I can't be more clear on Mac Jones.

As an Eagles fan, I want him starting for 5-10 years on the WFT. Please trade up for this mediocrity!

Poised and accurate when having better players in college never translates to the NFL... never.

The NFL is a talent and ability league,.

Clean Pockets and Receiver Separation: The Mac Jones Story

Some of the pressure and coverage in these highlights is laugh out loud pathetic.

The occasional 50/50 ball is because Jones underthrows some passes.

He tosses a basic slant that guys take to the house. (one time he did this with pressure in his face but it was a slant)

7 hours ago, Danger said:

Gotta be weird when the Kicker can mock the QB for being out of shape. Maybe the answer is to do what Oakland did? Have an out-of-shape Kicker (Seabass) and an out-of-shape QB (JaMarcus). 😂

• Like 1

I think FF is way higher on Fields more than the league is.

Lance is the true question mark in the draft obviously there isn't enough film on him for teams to really judge.

Jones is considered safe but to what extent? Giving up 2 1's and 3 needs a huge payoff not a safe payoff. 

49ers have me scratching my head. 

41 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think FF is way higher on Fields more than the league is.

Lance is the true question mark in the draft obviously there isn't enough film on him for teams to really judge.

Jones is considered safe but to what extent? Giving up 2 1's and 3 needs a huge payoff not a safe payoff. 

49ers have me scratching my head. 

Based on the presser today, most of 9ers twitter has gotten strong Fields vibes and I can definitely see why, but not really a super reliable indicator of it lol. 

Just now, Forge said:

Based on the presser today, most of 9ers twitter has gotten strong Fields vibes and I can definitely see why, but not really a super reliable indicator of it lol. 

At least there's some intrigue. As a Jets fan its pretty easy to begin settling in to the pick with Wilson checking off all the boxes. I can only imagine the anxiety you guys are gonna feel for the next month and then on draft night because is it just me or is draft day one of the longest days of the year lol. Either way there's no coach I trust more than Shanahan when it comes to offensive players. 

1 hour ago, ClutchDJ said:

lol, man, I’m itching to see the reactions if Mac Jones ends up being a stud & Fields/Lance ends up mediocre. Don’t think people could even handle that.

A lot of it is situation. I mean, McCorkle goes to SF or NO? He's probably going to do pretty well even if he's limited and that can easily be more successful than say Fields ending up in Chicago. In that situation, I'm not sure why McCorkle can't be Derek Carr and with Fields ending up as a more athletic Daniel Jones, for example. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

At least there's some intrigue. As a Jets fan its pretty easy to begin settling in to the pick with Wilson checking off all the boxes. I can only imagine the anxiety you guys are gonna feel for the next month and then on draft night because is it just me or is draft day one of the longest days of the year lol. Either way there's no coach I trust more than Shanahan when it comes to offensive players. 

Part of it could just be wishful thinking lol. Both Lance and Mac have their supporters (and they are not small groups), but some pretty sizeable polls from Maiocco had Fields as a clear favorite of the three.  But this month is going to be a lot of fun for niners fans. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Part of it could just be wishful thinking lol. Both Lance and Mac have their supporters (and they are not small groups), but some pretty sizeable polls from Maiocco had Fields as a clear favorite of the three.  But this month is going to be a lot of fun for niners fans. 

Definitely, I cant wait to see how it plays out in the end. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Forge said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2