Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

We just need to be damn healthy for once this decade.. all Herbie needs is some oline help and a atleast avg level healthy squad.

Imagine if we could close games. We'd be talk of the league sitting pretty at 6-1.

The last two times, we were kinda, somewhat, sort of healthy we went 9-7 and 12-4. But as a Charger fan, you and I both know, we can't depend on that.

They simply can't play one half of football. They obviously can't build a lead and sit on it. They have to get mean.

One poster said they have no heart, and I would agree with that. Since the Chargers heart and soul is now playing in Indy. It's gonna take some time, for someone else to take over.

2 minutes ago, Kirill said:

It's a chip shot so ride the momentum of the drive send him out and win the game. I've seen Justin Tucker miss an extra point to send a game into OT. Plus you also always have the chance of an awkward snap and a fumble trying to run out the clock.

The chance of fumbling on a kneeldown is infinitely lower than Chicago in 4 down territory driving to score a touchdown

Just now, Kael said:

The last two times, we were kinda, somewhat, sort of healthy we went 9-7 and 12-4. But as a Charger fan, you and I both know, we can't depend on that.

They simply can't play one half of football. They obviously can't build a lead and sit on it. They have to get mean.

One poster said they have no heart, and I would agree with that. Since the Chargers heart and soul is now playing in Indy. It's gonna take some time, for someone else to take over.

That was me that said that. But this all happened with Rivers here to. The team has no nastiness, no kill in them. But honestly i think you are right. Get a healthyish team, give Lynn 1 more year, replace Gus and see what happens.

I'm not the type to give up on seasons, so im still hoping for a run. But man this 2nd half defense needs to be addressed asap or no chance. 1st half, they shut everyone down. 2nd half, powder puff. Alot of that is on Gus being predictable.

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

Bears are 5-3. 

I was referring to when they were 5-2, prior to this game, and how the Saints are now 5-2, so basically their records and play up until the point they had that record.  My fault for not making that more clear.

• Like 1