Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

Would your team do the following....

Bench one of the brightest and promising players on defense, because of a penalty. This player played nearly every snap and was in discussions for defensive MVP. Now, because of a penalty, he has had his snaps cut by over 75% and is mostly on the bench ever since?

Because that's what Bill has done with Winovich. It's bizarre. The man is bizarre. Unless of course it is for performance reasons, but again, he was playing well!

58 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Bench one of the brightest and promising players on defense, because of a penalty. This player played nearly every snap and was in discussions for defensive MVP. Now, because of a penalty, he has had his snaps cut by over 75% and is mostly on the bench ever since?

Because that's what Bill has done with Winovich. It's bizarre. The man is bizarre. Unless of course it is for performance reasons, but again, he was playing well!

Speaking of mysteries, did Wes Welker get phased out of the offense his final year in NE? I remember that being a narrative at the time in the media. Something about Welker's priorities not aligning with Bill's vision. Could have just been BS though. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Speaking of mysteries, did Wes Welker get phased out of the offense his final year in NE? I remember that being a narrative at the time in the media. Something about Welker's priorities not aligning with Bill's vision. Could have just been BS though. 

Welker had 118 catches for something like 1400 yards his last year here....so I'm thinking no. He did have another killer drop in the playoff loss to Baltimore though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

He moves people on in what appears like '1 year too early', but it's usually being pro active and not having cap issues etc. It might have been that. He moved Mankins and Brady on seemingly too early, he's tried it with Gilmore. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

KC doesn't usually get that aggressive around penalties, unless we count jettisoning Dee Ford. Reid will aggressively bench a guy he doesn't trust with ball security though. McCoy saw 1 snap in the postseason last year, along with 0 touches, and was a healthy scratch for the superbowl, because they didn't trust him to not fumble. But he was also a 1 year rental, not an ascending young player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Rolling National Football League GIF by Detroit Lions

BoB level bad right here.

When I look at them objectively, their record should be the same as a team like Cleveland. Yes, Cleveland is more banged up, but Detroit has a lot of nice pieces.

They’re one good draft away from being a playoff team.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, showtime said:

CS9HAUM.jpg

I'm sorry, but this is the worst graphic that I have ever seen, and whoever put it together should be ridiculed. 

You are just going to make up a category like "Big Game" and define it to mean exactly what you want it to mean to tell your narrative? To make this graphic as spicy as it is you of course have to define a "Big Game" as a game against KC, Pittsburgh, or a playoff game. So what you are saying is a game last year against Pittsburgh with Mason Rudolph and Hodges guy playing QB was a "Big Game". But the following were NOT big games:

-Saturday night game his rookie year week 16 playing at the Los Angeles Chargers, who would have been the 1 seed if they won this game, the Ravens having to win out to make the playoffs
-Week 17 his rookie year against the Browns his rookie year. The Browns were (7-7-1), not a great team, but it was a do or die game for the Ravens making the playoffs. Remember Mason Rudolph Steelers game in week 5 last year was a "Big Game".
-Week 7 last year at 5-1 Seattle where he was playing the MVP favorite and took the lead in that race
-Week 8 at New England. New England was 8-0, the defending champs and had a defense on a historically great path
-Week 11 vs Houston. 41-7 obliteration. Houston was a playoff team and better than the Steelers last year.
-Week 12 at the Rams on primetime. 45-6. The Rams were 9-7 including that loss. Since it was a primetime game, it's borderline "Big Game"
-Week 13 vs San Francisco 49ers, lol how was this excluded?
-Week 14 at Buffalo Bills another playoff team in bad weather they beat

There may not be a "Big Game" victory this year, but I'm sure if there was another loss it would be somehow included in the graphic. Whether or not this week's Colts game is a "Big Game" will depend on whether or not the Ravens lose.

There was never any issue with the Ravens with Lamar at QB winning big games in the regular season going into this season. What was actually said was it doesn't matter how impressive they were in the regular season, nobody cares, the only thing that matters is how well they play when the playoff stats. And I actually agree with that criticism. However, now everyone is jumping on them for not being impressive enough in the regular season?!? 

Here is the bottom line truth of it: Lamar has lost only 7 total games in his NFL career and every single time it has to be some type of great narrative revelation. 

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, showtime said:

CS9HAUM.jpg

Hey, we arbitrarily compiled a 23 year old QBs worst career games, and combined they’re pretty bad!

All I see is a QB that’s lethal and efficient in 80 percent of his career games. I’ll take that from a 23 year old....

Miss me with the media bias. 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

4 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I'm sorry, but this is the worst graphic that I have ever seen, and whoever put it together should be ridiculed. 

You are just going to make up a category like "Big Game" and define it to mean exactly what you want it to mean to tell your narrative? To make this graphic as spicy as it is you of course have to define a "Big Game" as a game against KC, Pittsburgh, or a playoff game. So what you are saying is a game last year against Pittsburgh with Mason Rudolph and Hodges guy playing QB was a "Big Game". But the following were NOT big games:

-Saturday night game his rookie year week 16 playing at the Los Angeles Chargers, who would have been the 1 seed if they won this game, the Ravens having to win out to make the playoffs
-Week 17 his rookie year against the Browns his rookie year. The Browns were (7-7-1), not a great team, but it was a do or die game for the Ravens making the playoffs. Remember Mason Rudolph Steelers game in week 5 last year was a "Big Game".
-Week 7 last year at 5-1 Seattle where he was playing the MVP favorite and took the lead in that race
-Week 8 at New England. New England was 8-0, the defending champs and had a defense on a historically great path
-Week 11 vs Houston. 41-7 obliteration. Houston was a playoff team and better than the Steelers last year.
-Week 12 at the Rams on primetime. 45-6. The Rams were 9-7 including that loss. Since it was a primetime game, it's borderline "Big Game"

There may not be a "Big Game" victory this year, but I'm sure if there was another loss it would be somehow included in the graphic. Whether or not this week's Colts game is a "Big Game" will depend on whether or not the Ravens lose.

There was never any issue with the Ravens with Lamar at QB winning big games in the regular season going into this season. What was actually said was it doesn't matter how impressive they were in the regular season, nobody cares, the only thing that matters is how well they play when the playoff stats. And I actually agree with that criticism. However, now everyone is jumping on them for not being impressive enough in the regular season?!? 

Here is the bottom line truth of it: Lamar has lost only 7 total games in his NFL career and every single time it has to be some type of great narrative revelation. 

Agreed that it an awful graphic 

6 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Applause GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Lamar saved Harbaughs job imo. He also is electric to watch and rejuvenated a fanbase they looked stagnant for years under Flacco.

The way they're built as well they're like a playoff team every year because it's hard to defend that offense unless you're disciplined and super well coached. It's like a guaranteed 10 wins yearly.

As far as I'm concerned the guy is a success for the 32nd pick in the first round whether he wins Superbowls or playoff games or what not. He gives that organ hope regardless.

I just never got why players like him are so polarizing and warrant the passing non sense talk.Its also not a racial component because Teddy Bridgewater gets like universally respected. I do think that injury set him back in minnesota but I wasn't sold on him as there franchise saving qb even before that. Thought he was kinda meh.

I just would love to dig in to where the Lamar Critics come from. Was it his cocky line not bad for a running back? I oersona love it.

Maybe it's just disregardi someone you can't quantify. Idk his numbers dropped but numbers are always volitile for a true duel threat. I hear rumors he's dealing with an injury yet that team is still winning and he's the leader of the team .