Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

As opposed to waiting another 20+ years to finally find a QB worth a damn since Jim Kelly?

I love how everyone assumes real FQB ( yes there is more then 2 in the NFL Rodgers/Mahomes) grow on trees. Let's just swap them out like underwear every few years because the next one we draft , I guarantee wont be a bust, we won't skip as beat! 👌

It's not about "Paying a FQB" , it's about what your FO did or didn't do for the 5 years he was on his Rookie contract to surround him with the proper supporting cast for when he does get paid.

Spending 15-18% of your cap (or top of market) on a QB is okay if that guy is a truly elite QB

Spending closer to 10-12% of cap (and not giving top of market) to a QB is fine for a plus QB entering his prime

Just now, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Why don’t all the teams do it then? This is a tired argument, are Chiefs that much more talented and smart than everyone else that they’re the only ones that can achieve “cheap TD’s” it just doesn’t make sense. 

They are the best at those, by design and execution. Just like some defenses have great success at blitzing and other teams don't, so they dont do them. Everytime the Chargers try those same plays, their receiver loses yds. 

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I think it's pretty obvious that their salaries in comparison to their level of play are a major detriment to roster building

QB salaries are tough. If you have one that is worth it. You pay him. But QBs generate and churn through often enough that if I'm not sitting with a generational player, I'd rather grab another rookie contract or get a proven vet at a discount rather than paying elite money to a non elite QB

Goff and Cousins are fine QBs. They are not elite or worth elite QB money.

That isn't "unending hatred"

Like Ryan and Stafford are playing for free and never make a mistake?

Being butthurt about how much a QB makes to the point of insanity every time they are not perfect is boring.

1 minute ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Why don’t all the teams do it then? This is a tired argument, are Chiefs that much more talented and smart than everyone else that they’re the only ones that can achieve “cheap TD’s” it just doesn’t make sense. 

Actually yes

our speed and constant motion, combined with stellar blocking, enables plays like the forward flip and the underhand forward toss to be effective. Mahomes is of course the engine driving it though.

Reid’s been doing this kinda stuff for a long time, the talent available is actually a key part of the offense. Surprisingly enough, Reid knows how to utilize what he has and create an offense based off of it.