Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

credit for what? lol they did nothing on offense except a drive that was gifted by penalties. Lamar literally gave them 14+ points himself. 

I figured it was since it was in the end zone. Okay so untimed down half the distance to the endzone. 

Sad.

Tua has the highest win percentage of any NFL QB to ever start a game in the NFL.

Just now, Jakuvious said:

A personal foul isn't a spot foul lmao. Unless you're arguing it was DPI, but that might be even more absurd of a stance.

Unless its a horrific cheap shot they almost never call incidental bunched up contact on hail mary type end zone jumbles.

• Like 2

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

credit for what? lol they did nothing on offense except a drive that was gifted by penalties. Lamar literally gave them 14+ points himself. 

I figured it was since it was in the end zone. Okay so untimed down half the distance to the endzone. 

Wow... You're better than this...

You're right. The Steelers Defense didn't bait Lamar into those throws. They didn't completely shut down your passing game. Nope. Refs gave us points because your guys were committing clear facemasks. Completely ignore that your first 7 points came about as a result of a "hit out of bounds" on a QB who was well in bounds and refused to go out.

5 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

This makes no sense. How do you know in that instance the Steelers don't call timeout right before Jackson hikes it? You can't assume when the Steelers would have called a timeout.

It should have been called automatically, which would have saved time.

INJURY TIMEOUTS Article 2

If an official determines a player to be injured, or if attendants from the bench come on the field to assist an injured player, an injury timeout will be called by the Referee.

Just now, Jetzger said:

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.  If they had called Minkah for a personal foul on that play it would have been by far the worst call of the day.  He played the ball the whole way and Snead ran into HIM.  

It would have been the death of football. Minkah BEATS Snead to the spot, goes up for the interception and Snead runs into him...

• Like 1

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

It should have been called automatically, which would have saved time.

Again... Nobody saw the injury until 00:08. You're literally not changing the argument. How do you call something automatically when literally everyone on the field is ahead of the play including the refs. The injury was only noticed because Steelers players pointed it out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

It would have been the death of football. Minkah BEATS Snead to the spot, goes up for the interception and Snead runs into him...

Yep, I would hate any flag on that if I was objective. Minkah turned around, he made the play.

Edited by wackywabbit

2 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

You honestly believe they missed a giant man laying down on the field 30 yards behind everyone until 00:08? please, take off the shades man use some common sense.

That dude literally whines about officiating in every gameday thread about the Steelers every single week and then when the shoe’s on the other foot he becomes the biggest “stop blaming the refs” guy on the planet lol not worth the squeeze with that one

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

yeah it's hilarious being cheated out of a win 

Minkah made a play on the Ball, there was no DPI there. Besides, the Ravens were gifted a TD drive by a b.s. call against Heyward in the first half.

Stop making excuses. The better team won this game. We lost Heyward 2 plays prior and STILL won. Lamar played pretty bad and the receivers for Baltimore outside of Andrews and Brown are mediocre at best. Despite that, our Defense still gave up a ton of rush yards and some easy pass completions. In the end, they did what they do, they stood tall and made the play.

You didn't get cheated out of anything, you got beat.

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

Wow... You're better than this...

You're right. The Steelers Defense didn't bait Lamar into those throws. They didn't completely shut down your passing game. Nope. Refs gave us points because your guys were committing clear facemasks. Completely ignore that your first 7 points came about as a result of a "hit out of bounds" on a QB who was well in bounds and refused to go out.

So you call a QB floating passes into coverage "baiting" now? interesting.

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

What does Mahomes on the Jets have anything to do with anything?

Go back to Original post you quoted and its self explanatory.  I even explained it again in that post. I don't care who you are, how much money you are getting paid justifiably or not. The roster built around you by your FO for the 5 years that QB is on the cheap does.

Dont build properly,  by all means change underwear, roll the dice, get a new one. If you have, you pay the going rate for said QB.