Irrational Favorites

AkronsWitness

Obviously this makes sense now, but I was weirdly attached to Julian Edelman when he was nothing but a JAG who had a good punt return in his rookie pre-season. Also liked Jacob Hollister, and even though I have no love for the Seahawks, it warms my heart when I see him make his 2 catches per game.

In terms of non-Pats players I always felt sorry for depth guys trapped behind legends or otherwise limited by their depth charts/system. I felt bad for Chester Taylor, because I genuinely think he had the talent to be a featured back but never got his shot, and Lance Moore (Saints WR) had the ability to be a regular 1000 yard guy, but injuries and the Saints glut of targets held him back.

On 10/31/2020 at 7:13 PM, AkronsWitness said:

I always thought Muhsin Muhammad was incredible. Maybe better than he actually was but I credit that to Madden 2005.

I'm very biased, but I believe you're correct.  So much of what he did was not on the stat sheet, be it his blocking or opening things up for Steve Smith.  Not to mention he'd catch anything remotely close to him.  He was also amazing in 2k5.

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Not my team but I irrationally liked Marion Barber he was my favorite running back ever lol. I just loved how hard he ran.

I'm with you.  The Barbarian was fun to watch.

I know the timing is suspect after last night, but I'm adding Cordarrelle Patterson to my list.  Wherever he plays, whenever he touches the ball it just feels like something big could happen.  I love that feeling.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

In terms of non-Pats players I always felt sorry for depth guys trapped behind legends or otherwise limited by their depth charts/system. I felt bad for Chester Taylor, because I genuinely think he had the talent to be a featured back but never got his shot, and Lance Moore (Saints WR) had the ability to be a regular 1000 yard guy, but injuries and the Saints glut of targets held him back.

That's why it was cool to see Michael Turner finally get his shot at the lead dog role after 4 years of being stuck (rightfully so) behind LT. Straight beasts for a season, and had a few more really good seasons rushing the ball (one unfortunately cut short due to injury).

Imagine if he was getting that workload for the first 4 seasons of his career.

7 hours ago, EvilenFroggen said:

know the timing is suspect after last night, but I'm adding Cordarrelle Patterson to my list.  Wherever he plays, whenever he touches the ball it just feels like something big could happen.  I love that feeling.

I'm shocked he never became anything at wr loved him at tennessee I wonder if Shenault pans out fits that mold imo

5 hours ago, DannyB said:

That's why it was cool to see Michael Turner finally get his shot at the lead dog role after 4 years of being stuck (rightfully so) behind LT. Straight beasts for a season, and had a few more really good seasons rushing the ball (one unfortunately cut short due to injury).

Imagine if he was getting that workload for the first 4 seasons of his career.

He would have been top of my list if not for his Atlanta years. I loved seeing him get a shot.

Always loved the Jags from the early-mid 2000’s. 

Paul Spicer. 
Matt Jones. 
Akin Ayodele. 
Donovin Darius. 
Gerald Sensabaugh. 
Reggie Williams. 
Greg Jones. 

I also loved Bethel Johnson, Dontarrius Thomas,  Deshaun Foster, Ashley Lelie, Tyrone Calico, Ben Troup, Fred Smoot...many others I can’t remember. 

• Like 1