Irrational Favorites

AkronsWitness

So is this essentially guilty pleasure players? For the 49ers I always had a mysterious appreciation for Ahmad Brooks. I think the metrics essentially listed him as an average all around player, but at least with the eye test he seemed to have an affinity for making big plays against big opponents during the Harbaugh era. He stuck around way too long though, and did some off the field nonsense towards the collapse of his career. But yeah, at least on the field he seemed to make the most of his talent. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Currently Troy Hill.

He's been getting some playing time since McVay got here, and every year Rams fans seem to want him gone and I find myself defending him. I think for me it's because he's a solid role player, just barely good enough to start, which at CB means he's going to get beaten.

But I think all CBs will get beat eventually and he's made enough plays like against the Bears on Monday Night that I like him

On the opposite end of the spectrum was James Lauranaitis. Ironically I'm an Ohio State fan, so I was pumped when we drafted him - but after a few years, I realized he was slow and unathletic, and he made a ton of tackles after 7 yard gains - I had an almost irrational dislike for him

Kris Mangum and Jeff King. I love the TE position and those were the guys once upon a time, even if they weren’t amazing. Also Kuechly has made people forget Jon Beason and Dan Morgan, who WERE amazing. 

Edit: And I’ll forever love the original Chris Harris, who laid out Brandon Jacobs back when that was hard to do. 

Edited by EvilenFroggen

9 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Kinda obscure one for me is Alterraun Verner. Still saddens me how his career pretty much fizzled out after he left the Titans.

I remember him for sure. What a phenomenal first name. That's a hall of fame first name. Not boring like Mike, but not ridiculous like Barkevious

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Was big fan of Austin Collie unfortunately he had a bad series of concussions that ended his career.

Most dangerous position in football for awhile was the slot receiver for Peyton Manning. Dude had zero reservations about hanging his receivers out to dry to get their blocks knocked clean off.

• Like 1

For the Packers (some of these are fairly rational admittedly)

Nick Collins, Ryan Grant, Donald Driver, Antonio Freeman, Robert Brooks, Travis Jervey, Samkon Gado, Doug Evans, Jermichael Finley, Leroy Butler, William Henderson, and basically any dude not mentioned yet that was on a SB team

Jon Ritchie with his bleeding nose.

LG on the 2017 Eagles (Reese called him the train)

I'm not a Steelers fan but the way Hines Ward would hit Ravens tough guy defenders and make them cry was awesome.

I loathe all things Giants except for Chris Calloway. (thanks to Berman and Jackson)

The best moment of NFL Primetime was when Calloway caught a ball, went on a long run and got caught from behind.

Hidee Hidee Hidee Hi!

Hidee Hidee Hidee SLOW!

Edited by SkippyX