Bears Vs. Saints GDT

CBears019

6 minutes ago, Epyon said:

My plan as of right now:

1. Trade Robinson-WR: I don't think we can afford him next season, and he can be a real weapon to a "win now" team.... Just don't give him to Green Bay.

2. Try and trade Miller-WR: He actually showed up in today's game and was a semi reliable guy for 3 quarters of play..... Then he ran 2 yards short of the sticks on third down and had a key drop. Inconsistency and low IQ plays are his M.O. but he does have talent, and can probably be sold by claiming he was just misused here. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he had a decent-good career on a non potato offense.  

3. Kmet starts the rest of the season. He had one of the worst plays of the day today, nearly giving up a fumble inside our own 20... But Graham was an even bigger liability today than Harris has been the rest of the season. Why is this position ALWAYS so terrible for us?

4. I don't care either way if Wims is cut or stays. At a minimum Ridley just passed him on the depth chart.

5. I don't want to see Ryan Nall for a while. He wasn't BAD today in his one reception that I saw, but there's just nothing there. He not dynamic enough to make a dude miss on the checkdown passes he gets, and despite his size, he goes down as easily as Cohen does.  Get A. Pierce in there, so we can see what that kid has going for him, before we have to go dumpster diving in the later rounds for RBs next season...

6. Trade for Andy Isabella-WR and John Ross-WR..... The deep ball off play action can actually work for us. Mooney can stretch the field, but we need at least a second guy.  Isabella could instantly upgrade the offense over Miller, but he'll be a bigger trade. Ross would likely only cost us one of those useless picks we throw away literally every year for a guy who we end up cutting regardless.

7. Scour practice squads and find us a gdamn offensive lineman who wants to play ball. It seriously cannot be this hard to find an upgrade over Coward.

8. Trade Hicks. We need picks, and he is getting old, and still has good value. I don't think he's still going to be at the level we need him to be at in 2-3 years when we're actually in a spot to compete with a revamped offense.

Alot to take in here.

--If we trade both Robinson and Miller than you are leaving our next starting QB with nothing to work with except for Mooney and Kmet. And Miller gets open more often than what shows in live games. We just have 2 QBs who can't see him or get the ball to him.

--Kmet may not be ready and Graham  is still a red zone threat (he had a favorable matchup today but again Foles didn't even try). Kmet is being used more as a blocker to help out the OL.

--If Pace/Nagy do not cut Wims then that could potentially set a bad precedent in the locker room. He needs to be cut.

--Ross is trash. The play action only works if the defense has to respect your run game, and right now, no defense in the league is afraid of our run game.

--Hicks wouldn't have much value considering his age and losing him would be a huge blow to our defense (see last season). However, I wouldn't be completely opposed to the idea though.

• Like 1

Does anyone still think that Nagy switching to Foles in week 3 vs Atlanta was the right move?

I'm still trying to find some kind of evidence showing that the switch actually helped improve the team's outlook.

Let me know if anyone finds anything...

Edited by topwop1

28 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

-If we trade both Robinson and Miller than you are leaving our next starting QB with nothing to work with except for Mooney and Kmet. And Miller gets open more often than what shows in live games. We just have 2 QBs who can't see him or get the ball to him.

--Kmet may not be ready and Graham  is still a red zone threat (he had a favorable matchup today but again Foles didn't even try). Kmet is being used more as a blocker to help out the OL.

--If Pace/Nagy do not cut Wims then that could potentially set a bad precedent in the locker room. He needs to be cut.

--Ross is trash. The play action only works if the defense has to respect your run game, and right now, no defense in the league is afraid of our run game.

--Hicks wouldn't have much value considering his age and losing him would be a huge blow to our defense (see last season). However, I wouldn't be completely opposed to the idea though.

Our next starting QB won't have Robinson anyhow. We can't afford him next season. His value to our next QB is the OL we draft with that pick.

Miller is too inconsistent to be counted on for our hypothetical rookie QB regardless. He drops passes, frequently runs the wrong routes, doesn't have deep threat speed, has zero game awareness towards adjusting his routes to the sticks, half ***** his blocks, and has shown ZERO ability to get YAC or make a guy miss (as can often be seen when we continue inexplicably running him on jet sweeps).... His ability to get open is kind of irrelevant with all of those other factors weighing him down, and I think he'd do well to go out to a team where he doesn't need to use his head quite as much.  He's got physical talent to get open, and can probably find a home on a more wide open and simplified offense. I'd add, in this hypothetical, I'm also trying to pick up Andy Isabella off the cards as Miller's replacement and another deep threat/speed option.

Ross has 10 TDs in 27 games.compared to Miller's 11 in 38... He has game breaking speed that can be paired with Mooney's to really put pressure on a defense, and (perhaps most importantly) he'll cost us almost nothing to acquire. Even a 6th rounder for him is a pretty solid deal, considering how useless 6th rounders often are. None of our recent 6th-7th rounders have made the field in at least the past 2 years.

As for play action only working with a decent running game, the run game also can open up when you have  a credible passing game forcing coverage off. We saw that tonight after Mooney hit the big play using play action, Monty started being able to get going a tiny bit better in the running game because coverage started playing back more. Fact is, none of our WRs are blocking on the perimeter for any kind of outside runs/screen game..... so they might as well be speedy little **** that can "block" by forcing coverage deeper.

4 minutes ago, Orange&Blue said:

Is Louis Riddick a legitimate GM candidate? I've always appreciated his commentary, but don't want to be a meatball. He seems very in tune on the personnel side as well as what's happening on the field. 

I believe so.  I read that there’s rumors he could be Atlanta’s next GM.

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I would fire Pace tomorrow. No way I allow a desperate GM to make moves with future assets and cap space.

He could take Nagy with him immediately. Let Lazor or Defilipo call plays the rest of the way.

The downside is, there also wouldn't be time for us to make any pre trade deadline moves, like say shipping Robinson out.

18 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Through 8 games the Bears are the most penalized team in the NFL.

What does this mean? It means the coaching is not good.

IMO, it doesn't say much. Discipline can usually be attributed to coaching but context is needed for that. For a few years the Seahawks were the most penalized team in the league and they appeared in 2 SBs during that time. Sometimes it's just the players being overly aggressive and/or the refs being bad at their jobs.   

At 5-3 Im not calling it, I said we either beat the Saints or Titans....watch we pull out a crazy win next week.

I actually like this team, I just think we need to do a DRASTIC move for the OL...I know it sounds crazy but the same as a QB type move....just a 2nd rounder for a top guy type of of move