Week 8.5 - Green Bay @ San Francisco

incognito_man

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm sure the Niners aren't dumb enough to leave Adams alone on the field. He'll be bracketed all night. Without 33 and 17, this offense is going to struggle all night. 

That's what everyone should try to do.  We gotta move him around motion him through slot and find ways to put the ball in his hands.  Lol without 17. He'll be there. Gotta find ways, thats the puzzle with elite weapons.

18 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I can’t think straight about this game.  I’m shrouded in election haze at the moment.  I need reliable posters from this forum to do the prognosticating for me.

Imagine that there's a person who has been in power for the last few years, who really came into national prominence in New York City and who has done a lot of stupid and unforgivable things that a lot of people are unhappy with.  He just had a dreadful showing in Wisconsin, and is now expecting to have a dreadful showing on the West Coast. In fact, it's all but inevitable and people are just too scared to call it. There's been a ton of mail about how people don't want him in charge anymore and if it was put up to a popular vote he would definitely be gone. At the end of the night, it's expected that it will be a foregone conclusion that he will not be in power in January. He knows there's a good chance he's not going to win, so he's going to try to beg borrow and steal to even get a chance at a 1 point win. It will be interesting to see what the folks in Clark County have to say about this game as we get closer to kickoff.

And that's how I feel about Mike Pettine's chances in this game and our chances of pulling this game out.

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Imagine that there's a person who has been in power for the last few years, who really came into national prominence in New York City and who has done a lot of stupid and unforgivable things that a lot of people are unhappy with.  He just had a dreadful showing in Wisconsin, and is now expecting to have a dreadful showing on the West Coast. In fact, it's all but inevitable and people are just too scared to call it. At the end of the night, it's expected that it will be a foregone conclusion that he will not be in power in January. 

If that gives you any indication about how I feel about Mike Pettine and our chances in this game. 

I'm right there too. Niners are missing over half of their team and I'm looking for a way to get out of SF with a 1-point win. 

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Imagine that there's a person who has been in power for the last few years, who really came into national prominence in New York City and who has done a lot of stupid and unforgivable things that a lot of people are unhappy with.  He just had a dreadful showing in Wisconsin, and is now expecting to have a dreadful showing on the West Coast. In fact, it's all but inevitable and people are just too scared to call it. There's been a ton of mail about how people don't want him in charge anymore and if it was put up to a popular vote he would definitely be gone. At the end of the night, it's expected that it will be a foregone conclusion that he will not be in power in January. He knows there's a good chance he's not going to win, so he's going to try to beg borrow and steal to even get a chance at a 1 point win. It will be interesting to see what the folks in Clark County have to say about this game as we get closer to kickoff.

And that's how I feel about Mike Pettine's chances in this game and our chances of pulling this game out.

Sad!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Maybe if we take the lead late and it's up to Pettine's unit to make final stop, we can stop the game and call it a W. 

But only in the parts of the field where we're winning, otherwise it's only fair if we keep playing. I'm just looking forward to a ton of ineffectual complaining to referees just trying to do their job and count yards

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

But only in the parts of the field where we're winning, otherwise it's only fair if we keep playing. I'm just looking forward to a ton of ineffectual complaining to referees just trying to do their job and count yards

Lolol 🤣

41 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I’m shrouded in election haze at the moment.

Ha! Understand that  :)

41 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I need reliable posters from this forum to do the prognosticating for me.

You can cast your ballot for: Yes 👍

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I expect our offense to do solid. Heck, Shanahan did a nice job calling the game with Cj F'n Beathard as the QB a few years ago against the Packers. But you do also realize the 49ers will be without Kittle, Deebo, Aiyuk and Bourne, correct? Quite literally our four best receiving options. You may see Kevin White starting the game tonight. And Trent Williams is out meaning Justin Skule will be the LT. This is a good get back game for the Smith brothers and the rest of the defense. The pass rush will be getting home at a fairly decent rate and you guys may be able to force a turnover or two. If I didn't have as much respect for Shanahan and Saleh as I do, I'd be predicting a complete blowout win by the Packers. 

Going to do my best "Rock" voice here....

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO YOU HAVE AT QUARTERBACK OR WIDE RECEIVER OR TIGHT END!

There, I got that out of my system.

All kidding aside....our secondary plays so far off so much of the time that any WR and any QB can have a lot of success.

If you watch our DL, we play a guy named Lowry a lot.  When we rush, we tend to rush only 4.  We never fill all gaps on defense.

While The Smith's are good, Kenny Clark is good, the scheme they are in doesn't really allow for them to make plays.  Z Smith is the one that overcomes this, but only on occasion this year.

All you have to do is call running plays and hand the ball off to anybody and your offense will be fine.  All you really gotta worry about is the center/qb exchange.

Regarding your line...Dozier is a pretty suspect guard for the Vikings.  He looked like an All-Pro sealing off Lowry all last game.  Just find #94 and run at him.  Flip your TE out wide and you will pull Preston Smith out on him as a d-back if you want to run at a lighter box.  You can literally scheme Preston out of most every run set you have.  Since you are without Kittle, removing Preston for a no name TE is a smart play.

Unless our DC pulls his head from out of his behind.  And it's been up there a lot.  Our best defensive play of the season was because our star cornerback decided to ditch his responsibility and blitz.

26 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Unless our DC pulls his head from out of his behind.  And it's been up there a lot.  Our best defensive play of the season was because our star cornerback decided to ditch his responsibility and blitz.

But has Pettine ever complained about his ears being cold?