MNF: Giants host Bucs

Matts4313

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

Since when did contact mean DPI? DPI is when a defender plays the man, not the ball. It doesn’t apply if both of them are making plays on the ball and they touch each other. Winfield is running full tilt to try and get between Lewis and the ball, Lewis stops dead because the ball is behind them. Neither is looking to make deliberate contact, they are both jus trying to get to the ball.

At what point is Winfield playing the ball?

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

Contact means DPI when you're just bodying the receiver's arms to the point that they can't even make an attempted catch, and not turning around to play the ball

Except the contact occurs because Lewis stops and tries to play back through the defender for the ball. Winfield is entitled to his space, I hate calling DPI when defender didn’t even initiate the contact.

Watch the replay 10 times in a row.

The WR bumps the DB with his head as he has to lean back to find the crappy throw so he is not even standing his ground.

The DB also kinda brushes the WR softly.

Does the WR get the right to stand still AND the right to move back into the DB?

This is hilarious stuff!

3 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Alright chucklebrains, feast on it...

My opinion? Yeah that's DPI

That changed my mind in terms of yeah, technically it was DPI and it would be hard to argue against it if it held up.

I'm still glad they didnt call it, it was a great hustle play by the defender and he did look back at the last second. On replay you can see that he made contact with Lewis a split second before the ball hits his arm. Good no call, those are the kind of plays that most fans would call ticky tack if it was called.

17 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

no? just confused what your purpose of posting was. idk why you're projecting emotions onto me

Oh ok. You seem offended that I’m growing tired off the NFL. I figured that the NFL was your daddy, because otherwise I couldn’t quite understand why you would take something so personal. 

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

full stop with a lean backwards into the db who is also stopping from a full run because a terrible QB threw the ball late and to the wrong spot.

200.gif

"full stop" - not even close

You think I care at all about the outcome of Bucs-Giants? I was trashing dimes on that drive, wasn't really hoping he delivered.

What actually amuses me is people being given clear cut evidence it was DPI and not changing their original stance. Yes, it was very close in real time and I don't blame the regs., but I'm sorry if you can't see that it was DPI on a replay, then you are not allowed to every criticize a call made in a game ever.

• Like 1