Raiders Offense Thread 2.0:

MrOaktown_56

11 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Still have one more year until we have to give Miller a payday.

There are certain players you better sign early cause the longer you wait the more you will have to pay. Miller is one of them cause he has improved dramatically over the couple years, young and plays a premium position. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'd love Allen Robinson in this offense personally. 

Robinson is a superbeast, but I don’t think Carr is going to utilize him to justify the contract. He simply spreads the ball to much (outside of Waller). 
I’d much rather funnel that contract into defensive playmakers. 

20 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

His contract will be ending soon and I would categorize Miller as a top 10 LT so yes a payday will be coming his way. 

Would you let him walk

Gawd he is so inconsistent I’d hate to have to give him max $. He’s like the shiniest turd in the toilet. He’s our best ot by default but dam 

Idk how I feel about these 3 guys: 

Richie- Father Time is undefeated and he missed most of the season due to injury. He is one of the oldest players in the league, do we move on? 

Gabe Jackson- he is paid like an elite guard and is an above average guard. I didn’t notice him blowing up holes for the run game. He should be getting paid half his salary 

Trent Brown- I think he is a good player, but everyone questions his work ethic. He is paid left tackle money to play RT. Can’t count on him either, such an important aspect to an OL game. When he came back, not really a difference maker. 

who would you keep, who would you drop? I feel like the defense needs all the focus, but 3/5 of the 5 starters on the offensive line are questionable in 2021. Wish Simpson stepped up while Richie was down. 

thoughts?

Edited by Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Gawd he is so inconsistent I’d hate to have to give him max $. He’s like the shiniest turd in the toilet. He’s our best ot by default but dam 

Disagree. He’s a solid starting LT in this league.

Nobody is saying we’ll be paying him like an all-pro, but he will get a good contract. And that is absolutely the right thing to do.

26 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

What do you disagree with?

Well, most of it really. For a start, I don’t think he’s inconsistent - he’s certainly not a top LT but is generally reliable in pass protection and decent in the running game. I’d also argue that Trent Brown is a better OT, although obviously I’m aware that he’s hardly an ever-present. Calling Miller the “shiniest turd in the toilet” implies we have a bad OT situation and he’s the best of a bad bunch, but I’m not sure that’s the case. We’ve had much, much worse OT situations since the turn of the millennium where toilet analogies might be more appropriate!

I just generally don’t think there’s any reason to laugh at the notion of paying Kolton Miller. Could we do better? Possibly. But I can think of about 20 issues with the team I’d want to fix before letting our pretty good LT walk and replacing him.

Edited by Nightmare

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Idk how I feel about these 3 guys: 

Richie- Father Time is undefeated and he missed most of the season due to injury. He is one of the oldest players in the league, do we move on? 

Gabe Jackson- he is paid like an elite guard and is an above average guard. I didn’t notice him blowing up holes for the run game. He should be getting paid half his salary 

Trent Brown- I think he is a good player, but everyone questions his work ethic. He is paid left tackle money to play RT. Can’t count on him either, such an important aspect to an OL game. When he came back, not really a difference maker. 

who would you keep, who would you drop? I feel like the defense needs all the focus, but 3/5 of the 5 starters on the offensive line are questionable in 2021. Wish Simpson stepped up while Richie was down. 

thoughts?

This is easy for me. I'd keep the following based on recent contracts and/or draft status as my core. Rebuild the rest:

Offense: Carr, Jacobs, Ingold, Miller, Hudson, Ruggs, Edwards, Renfrow, Waller

Defense: Ferrell, Hurst, Crosby, Mullen, Arnette, Abram 

Kwiatkoski, Littleton and Nassib (cap hits in 2021) can stay for a year.

Build around that core.

5 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Well, most of it really. For a start, I don’t think he’s inconsistent - he’s certainly not a top LT but is generally reliable in pass protection and decent in the running game. I’d also argue that Trent Brown is a better OT, although obviously I’m aware that he’s hardly an ever-present. Calling Miller the “shiniest turd in the toilet” implies we have a bad OT situation and he’s the best of a bad bunch, but I’m not sure that’s the case. We’ve had much, much worse OT situations since the turn of the millennium where toilet analogies might be more appropriate!

I just generally don’t think there’s any reason to laugh at the notion of paying Kolton Miller. Could we do better? Possibly. But I can think of about 20 issues with the team I’d want to fix before letting our pretty good LT walk and replacing him.

I agreed with your initial post

1) he is a solid starting lt esp Considering his durability 

2) not pay him like a all pro Also agree with and why I laughed

3) he’ll get a good contract I also agree but  say his agents play hard ball and want top dollar.

would you pay miller top lt $?

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is easy for me. I'd keep the following based on recent contracts and/or draft status as my core. Rebuild the rest:

Offense: Carr, Jacobs, Ingold, Miller, Hudson, Ruggs, Edwards, Renfrow, Waller

Defense: Ferrell, Hurst, Crosby, Mullen, Arnette, Abram 

Kwiatkoski, Littleton and Nassib (cap hits in 2021) can stay for a year.

Build around that core.

True those are the core pieces. Just a lot of turnover in one offseason for the offensive line. Would rather use draft assets on defense and not the offensive line.