2021 Head Coaching Prospects

Sugashane

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

That's because Jason La Canfora said it, who last got Bears news correct... *checks notes*... never?

I'm calling bull**** on this one. They don't even know who the GM is going to be yet they're already thinking about which coach they're going to hire ?

9 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'm calling bull**** on this one. They don't even know who the GM is going to be yet they're already thinking about which coach they're going to hire ?

Hub doesn’t know anything I stopped believing him in 2010 when he said The Chin was coming to the Bears and it was a done deal.

the man is 57 years old and still has a earring.

8 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Hub doesn’t know anything I stopped believing him in 2010 when he said The Chin was coming to the Bears and it was a done deal.

the man is 57 years old and still has a earring.

Haha ya I don't ever really take anything he says seriously. Fake news. 

Though I may be able to buy in to the Fitz hype if you pair him with this guy as team Prez and an up and coming GM.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Can we all let this absolutely disgusting phrase die? Please? If not now, then when?

44 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Though I may be able to buy in to the Fitz hype if you pair him with this guy as team Prez and an up and coming GM.

Could actually happen. Wow! Wouldn't that be something? Fitzgerald is pretty solid. 

Peyton as an option is a more likely scenario. He's looking into getting back into the league (apparently) and has ties to the Bears (the biggest of which is that his dad was one of Payton's best friends). I've always envisioned Manning being a coach, but a team president/GM sort of deal may be more to his liking. He certainly has the savvy to do it, too. 

48 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Would be very happy with this duo. Offense, Defense it doesn't matter we need quality coaching and obviously a QB to build around. Look at the Steelers with Mike Tomlin, instead of going with the obvious choice in Ken Weinsthunt they went with a very unknown DB coach from the Vikings. That is brilliant ownership. 

13 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Can we all let this absolutely disgusting phrase die? Please? If not now, then when?

Could actually happen. Wow! Wouldn't that be something? Fitzgerald is pretty solid. 

Peyton as an option is a more likely scenario. He's looking into getting back into the league (apparently) and has ties to the Bears (the biggest of which is that his dad was one of Payton's best friends). I've always envisioned Manning being a coach, but a team president/GM sort of deal may be more to his liking. He certainly has the savvy to do it, too. 

From what I remember Manning has no inclination to coach, but may be more inclined to a FO position. Honestly I'd be down and would hope he would especially ne hands on in the QB scouting and development post- draft. 

• Like 1

Meh. I like Fitz but don't want him to be the HC of the Bears. Plus, wasn't he the one who decided to stop talks with the Packers? Having a first-ballot HOF QB made that a pretty damn solid location for a guy that really just needed to repair the defense. I respect what he's done, Northwestern use to be a laughingstock but routinely plays above its talent level. I just want an offensive mind to install an offense that we can run.

If we want mobile QBs then dark horse prospects for me is Ryan Day from Ohio State  and Jamey Chadwell from Coastal Carolina. From college I am also still liking Lincoln Riley.

I also like (aside from Brady and Leftwich) a few guys like Shane Steichen from the Chargers.

President - Peyton Manning (Isray said Manning didn't want the crazy hours a GM has, Team President it is)

GM - Joe Horitz (dude has learned under Newsome and DeCosta)

HC - Arthur Smith (fits the Chicago profile for tough running but shows explosive plays too)

Peyton was the key cog in a team that was dominant in their division, he was massively productive and saw his Super Bowls come with great play from his defense too. He understand the QB is king, but there is more to it than that.

BAL has adapted to defense winning the games with a low end franchise QB in Flacco to completely altering the gameplan for Lamar Jackson, still with a top defense. They constantly find talented players and put them in the role that they can succeed in, not forcing square pegs into round holes.

Smith has taken a monster RB and punished defenses with him relentlessly, which is always welcome in Chicago. This opened up Tannehill for passing lanes that allowed him to match Mahomes' production over the course of around 16 games, which is unheard of in Chicago. That being said I am not sold on Tannehill and think Smith has been elevating an average starter to well above his normal capacities. If you give him a high-ceiling QB I think he could really work some magic. The thing I like about him is he finds what works, hits it until they adjust, then he attacks in another way.

Gameplans are rarely going to work over the course of an entire game, the opposition is going to adjust. That's where the coach has to be able to adjust and attack the weaknesses of their new course of action, where Nagy has regularly failed at in spectacular fashion (look at the 3rd quarter point totals for his offense). Smith can do better. Horitz can fill a roster better than Pace I'd bet, and Manning vs Phillips is just redundant, tell Ted to take his damn abacus and play in the corner.

18 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am becoming a big Arthur Smith fan.

What he is doing with 2 backup OTs and Ryan Tannehill is very impressive.

They looked like crap yesterday against the Browns.

I haven't really been impressed with the Titans all that much this year. They look like just an average team