Week 11: Cowboys (2-7) at VIKINGS (4-5)

swede700

Well Brett Jones gave them reason to get rid of Elflein so time to see what he can do.

With Samia still out with Covid I'm wondering who's been practicing well among our practice squad lineman odds are they bring one of Collins, Brendel, or Hinton up for the game along with Bargas if they want to keep running a fullback.

Edited by solidvikingfan

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

It has been confirmed, Ezra is out, Jones is getting the start at RG.

That is awful, Ezra has been playing so good.  Great for Brett Jones to get an opportunity but honestly he has never done anything of note his entire career.  I would rather see Udoh out there as a guard but not sure he has the ability to play that position athletically in this system.  Still I would rather get run for him than Brett Jones.  

Pretty sad when one thinks where is Dru Samia and Pat Elflein when you need them?  Both are better than Brett Jones, or at least have shown to be in their careers, so will see if Brett Jones is worth them cutting Elflein....  Not only is the backup guard but also center when Elflein could have done both but sure was a little bit more expensive, check that Pat Elflein this year made less than Brett Jones does.  So he better be better than him!

Also curious why they are not trying Aviante Collins at OG instead of Jones, same with the rookie Hinton just to see what they got.  Guess they fell like neither one is ready for it.

20 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

I miss Blasingame. My biggest training camp man crush since Chris Walsh, many moons ago. 

Yeah I liked Blasingame as well, is great he is on the Titans though and starts, good for him he gets to play.  Obviously the Vikings have no real backup FB at all but why would they.  They honestly might be better off putting Brandon Dillon out there at FB than this Bargas guy but will see.

Dallas is a crazy talented team for being 2-7 but any team with those OL injuries is going to struggle, both OTs who start were UDFAs at one point in Knight and Steele.  Now Erving starts who has some ability but is not really a OT.  Will be curious how the Vikings do against them but their receivers are about as good as any in the NFL currently, the three guys Cooper, Lamb and Gallup are as good as any three in the NFL arguably with a good QB throwing which they do not have at the moment.

REVENGE GAME ALERT!!

george edwards is the senior defensive assistant for the cowboys so he might take this game personally and has some ideas to stop cousins/cook. or, we might roast their D anyways.

On 11/20/2020 at 4:14 PM, swede700 said:

No, they're one of the worst in the entire NFL.

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

10 sacks confirmed*

Kidding. I thought Lawrence and Smith were having good seasons?

Lawrence is a beast and will likely get chipped all day but the rest of the line has played subpar this season.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 11:10 AM, twotonebluenation said:

This is a horrible matchup for the Cowboys. Only problems I see for the Vikes is the special teams. Thielen and Jefferson eat that secondary alive. Could see a big game for Cousins. The d will make it tough on Elliot. Dalton is probably back, but he was meh when he playing before injury.

And he'll be rusty now from being away.  So, I don't look for him to keep up with Cousins.  Moreover, I think Mata'afa, Odenigbo, and Wonnum, (and maybe Dye on a few chosen plays) getting good pressure on Dalton.   The Vikings just need to win the turnover battle, and avoid making too many mental errors.  I don't see them losing this game if they come out with the energy and confidence they've demonstrated over the last 3 games.

• Like 1